BlackJax Quality™ Model Imports

Started by BlackJax96, November 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What's one mod I started that you really wish I had finished?

Quote from: Spex130 on October 05, 2013, 01:43:43 AM
I actually have quite a few Cell Shading gradient templates if you really need them.

I really only need a shader & material that can *subtly* apply a gradient texture on top of the regular texture.
The current one I have makes the change in from white to black pretty drastic, even if the gray colors are practically the same.

I'm sure I could get it to work after a bit more testing but eh I'll see what you have.

They're actually pretty easy to make.

Once you see my templates, you'll really be pretty much all set to make your own.

https://app.box.com/s/fmc4zev9qswmyhnanxy7


I'm talking about the shader settings, not the texture. The texture is easy to make, of course.
The shader you provided has some different settings than mine though so I'll try it out.

Quote from: Xaj on October 05, 2013, 09:22:28 PM
I'm talking about the shader settings, not the texture. The texture is easy to make, of course.
The shader you provided has some different settings than mine though so I'll try it out.

Heh. You know my escapades with Shader settings. Still haven't got those down. Is there documentation about that anywhere? Has Dant's wiki gone back up? The Wayback machine doesn't have everything (and I can only modify my own personal Firebug copy with the info I already know.)


It's extremely simple, just hard to explain I guess.
I had started to explain it to you just now but I think instead I'll update my MDL0 documentation thread with some images.




Ok so I MAY OR MAY NOT have it working. I mean, I DUNNO. It COULD be working, MAYBE.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

October 06, 2013, 06:40:15 PM #1280 Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:04:34 PM by KingSexyPuff
Toon shaders? =o

And a black suit recolor for ZSS? o-o Or jiggle physics? :L
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Nice.

How do the shaders work? From what I can see, they look like a combo of rim lighting and toon shading.


Quote from: KingSexyPuff on October 06, 2013, 06:40:15 PM
Toon shaders? =o

And a black suit recolor for ZSS? o-o Or jiggle physics? :L[/black]

yes,no,no

Quote from: Spex130 on October 06, 2013, 06:51:35 PM
Nice.

How do the shaders work? From what I can see, they look like a combo of rim lighting and toon shading.

That's pretty much it. The shader turned out to be pretty simple. It mixes the shading and the texture together with the first two stages and then the third stage overlays the rim line on top, replacing white with the blended textures and retaining the black rim. The rim texture is just a regular sphere map that follows the camera.


Dat third picture, tho.

Delfino Plaza, y u do dis

 :o
Wow, nice job on the shading, reminds me of the shading from games like the Naruto UN Storm series or DBZ Budokai.

October 06, 2013, 10:26:22 PM #1286 Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:01:00 PM by Shun_One
Toon shaders, eh? Impressive work you've got done there. I am pretty certain it is, but adding this effect to other characters is possible, yes?

A shame Delfino makes such things flip out though. I'd certainly like to do something about that, but I 'ave no idea where to start.

EDIT: it isn't limited to Delfino either. There are a few stages in SSE (the Falco, Diddy, Fox stage) that cause the same thing to happen.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

dat yoko and purple heart... yummy~

that 3rd pic... SCREW U DELFINO PLAZA!!! whats up with that last pic tho @_@.. made me lol tho xP
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

I'm guessing Delfino does that cuz of all the [censored] in the BG.

But what do I know.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Awesome work, BJ.
I've been trying to get the same effect for quite some time now.

Your MDL0 thread is really helpful but I just keep messing up the shaders and things don't look the way I expect them to :/

About Delfino
Maybe  if you compare Samus's materials and shaders... 'cause those seem to work perfectly fine.
Just who chooses Delfino that often anyway? right?