Shock's Model Imports, Edward Elric is getting a better model and rig soon!

Started by shock44, November 10, 2011, 05:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which character after Klonoa?

Strong Bad
Homestar Runner
Razputin from Psychonauts
Shock (my character)
Edward Elric
Envy
Roy Mustang
Quote from: xxgbcxx on November 13, 2011, 06:23:37 AM
cool :af: can i get the model you were using??

Sure, I'll pm you a link to the model.

I'm going to ask again though since no one addressed the question. Does anyone know if it is possible to keep Sonic's ball in with an imported model and have it work the same as it usually does?

Quote from: shock44 on November 13, 2011, 06:26:08 AMSure, I'll pm you a link to the model. I'm going to ask again though since no one addressed the question. Does anyone know if it is possible to keep Sonic's ball in with an imported model and have it work the same as it usually does?

ok :af:....about your question...no....it needs psaing...same with pits bow someone tried to make the swords and the bow show up at different times but it just showed up all the time so yea to do that youl needa slight psa edit
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Quote from: xxgbcxx on November 13, 2011, 06:28:59 AM
ok :af:....about your question...no....it needs psaing...same with pits bow someone tried to make the swords and the bow show up at different times but it just showed up all the time so yea to do that youl needa slight psa edit
Okay, I'll just see if I can find the PSA code that does it and see if I can modify it or not. Thanks.

November 13, 2011, 07:46:37 AM #18 Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:35:34 AM by Spex130
Quote from: shock44 on November 13, 2011, 06:26:08 AMSure, I'll pm you a link to the model. I'm going to ask again though since no one addressed the question. Does anyone know if it is possible to keep Sonic's ball in with an imported model and have it work the same as it usually does?

I'm testing that out right now. Gimme a second.

Edit:

It doesn't seem to be.

I don't have any time left to test, and I was using a super quick untextured mess, so that statement might not be accurate.

I'll be able to do a lot more later, so I'll get back to you on that.


Also. After some testing, I found it is very much possible to insert the current Klonoa Project's DAE into 3DS Max. Just thought I'd let you know.


Quote from: Spex130 on November 13, 2011, 07:46:37 AM
I'm testing that out right now. Gimme a second.

Edit:

It doesn't seem to be.

I don't have any time left to test, and I was using a super quick untextured mess, so that statement might not be accurate.

I'll be able to do a lot more later, so I'll get back to you on that.


Also. After some testing, I found it is very much possible to insert the current Klonoa Project's DAE into 3DS Max. Just thought I'd let you know.

Okay thanks for doing that. Though about Klonoa, I meant that I was not able to import it back into brawlbox after exporting it from 3ds max. Though I haven't tried it with the latest brawlbox yet so I'll try that soon.

Quote from: shock44 on November 13, 2011, 06:26:08 AM
Sure, I'll pm you a link to the model.

I'm going to ask again though since no one addressed the question. Does anyone know if it is possible to keep Sonic's ball in with an imported model and have it work the same as it usually does?

It is possible. Rig the sphere to the bone you want it rigged to. When you have the model in brawlbox go to the sphere polygon and at the right look for the section called visibility bone and change it to the sphere bone so that way it only appears then.

Quote from: Camonsters on November 13, 2011, 04:36:52 PM
It is possible. Rig the sphere to the bone you want it rigged to. When you have the model in brawlbox go to the sphere polygon and at the right look for the section called visibility bone and change it to the sphere bone so that way it only appears then.
Okay what you just told me made almost no sense. Are you telling me to open the model in brawlbox and click on the sphereN bone and then look on the right side panel for a visibility thing? Because there isn't anything there for that. There isn't anything for that even if I open the animations file on the right. There's no visibility thing in the mdl0 folders. The only part I can find it is in the Vis folder in the FitSonicMotionEtc and that doesn't help me get it to use the ball I put in. It just has these brown boxes inside animations with different bones listed and I don't even see SphereM or SphereN bone specified in them. So if you could explain it again in better detail for me that would be good.

Quote from: shock44 on November 13, 2011, 10:15:44 PM
Okay what you just told me made almost no sense. Are you telling me to open the model in brawlbox and click on the sphereN bone and then look on the right side panel for a visibility thing? Because there isn't anything there for that. There isn't anything for that even if I open the animations file on the right. There's no visibility thing in the mdl0 folders. The only part I can find it is in the Vis folder in the FitSonicMotionEtc and that doesn't help me get it to use the ball I put in. It just has these brown boxes inside animations with different bones listed and I don't even see SphereM or SphereN bone specified in them. So if you could explain it again in better detail for me that would be good.


It is on the polygon thing. Not in the previewer but in brawlbox. You just change it to SphereN. If that doesn't work then change it to SphereM. It should be set to TopN by default. The category is called Visibility Bone and there should be an arrow with a drop down list. I hope this helps.

Quote from: Camonsters on November 14, 2011, 12:20:36 AM
It is on the polygon thing. Not in the previewer but in brawlbox. You just change it to SphereN. If that doesn't work then change it to SphereM. It should be set to TopN by default. The category is called Visibility Bone and there should be an arrow with a drop down list. I hope this helps.
It worked! I figured out what you were talking about! Thank you so much Camonsters. I'll be sure to give credit to you. Now I can upload the hack and get back to Klonoa. Horray!

November 14, 2011, 04:58:37 PM #24 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:11:00 PM by shock44
Just so everyone knows, the download for my Shadow import is up and the download actually works now I fixed it. Sorry that It was broken before.

Edit: Okay I tried exporting Klonoa's current model and bones and then importing into max. I get some errors:
Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [nodes parent](1)

Description: The following Parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not
part of the BindPose definition.
-RootNode

Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [link nodes](70)

Description: The following Link node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
-head2
-kuma_l
-kuma_r
-arm2l
-handl
-arm1l
-shol
-arm1r
-arm2r
-handr
-shor
-ear3l
-ear4l
-ear2l
-ear1l
-ear3r
-ear2r
-ear4r
-ear1r
-hair1
-hair2
-hair3
-hair4
-finger04_l1
-finger04_l2
-finger04_l3
-finger01_l3
-finger01_l1
-LHaveN
-finger01_l2
-finger03_l1
-finger03_l2
-finger03_l3
-finger05_l1
-finger05_l2
-finger05_l3
-finger02_l2
-finger02_l3
-RHaveN
-finger04_r2
-finger04_r3
-finger01_r3
-finger01_r1
-finger02_r1
-finger01_r2
-finger03_r1
-finger03_r2
-finger03_r3
-finger05_r1
-finger05_r2
-finger05_r3
-finger02_r2
-finger02_r3
-reg1l
-reg2l
-shoe1l
-reg1r
-reg2r
-shoe1r
-head1
-body
-tail2
-tail1
-hips
-pantr2
-pantl2
-pantsr
-pantsl
-shoe2l
-shoe2r

Warning: BindPose - Incomplete Bind Pose [link nodes parents](22)

Description: The following parent and/or ancestor node of the Link(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
-head1
-body
-hips
-TopN
-arm1l
-shol
-shor
-ear2l
-ear1l
-head2
-ear2r
-ear1r
-finger01_l2
-finger01_l1
-finger01_r2
-finger01_r1
-tail1
-pantsr
-pantsl
-reg2l
-reg1l
-reg1r

Warning: Skin Modifiers Import (0)

Description:
The Initial position (or Initial Pose) of the skinned objects is
missing. The plug-in will create a pose automatically but running
the 'Assume Skin Pose' command may create unexpected results.

Warning: Missing material/texture (2)

Description:
The plug-in has detected the following problems while reading or writing the file:
-Material named p00m_body not found for node polygon12
-Material named p00m_body not found for node polygon13

After that the model looks fine in 3ds Max (I'm using 2010 if you needed to know) Then I make a copy of one of the bones and parent it to the TopN bone and export the model as a DAE. When imported into BrawlBox I get this error:


This leads me to believe that the only way to do this is use Donkey Kong's boneset on Klonoa's model and make DK's boneset as close to Klonoa's as I can while only keeping the necessary bones of Donkey Kong's intact.

Oh wondrous, wise, and immensely talented shock44, please import both Strong Bad and Homestar Runner! I guess if I had to choose only one I'd go with Strong Bad (since, you know, he has arms), but having both in Brawl would be absolutely dope. You'd totally deserve a trophy for that. Or at least a pizza. Maybe a pizza trophy.

I'd love to see your own personal custom model of your own character, Shock.  ;)

That's what it is all about. Customizing the game the way that you would want. Watching your own creations come to life in a three dimensional setting makes it all worth while  :happy:
^3^

Quote from: shock44 on November 14, 2011, 04:58:37 PMJust so everyone knows, the download for my Shadow import is up and the download actually works now I fixed it. Sorry that It was broken before. Edit: Okay I tried exporting Klonoa's current model and bones and then importing into max. I get some errors: Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [nodes parent](1) Description: The following Parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. -RootNode Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [link nodes](70) Description: The following Link node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. -head2 -kuma_l -kuma_r -arm2l -handl -arm1l -shol -arm1r -arm2r -handr -shor -ear3l -ear4l -ear2l -ear1l -ear3r -ear2r -ear4r -ear1r -hair1 -hair2 -hair3 -hair4 -finger04_l1 -finger04_l2 -finger04_l3 -finger01_l3 -finger01_l1 -LHaveN -finger01_l2 -finger03_l1 -finger03_l2 -finger03_l3 -finger05_l1 -finger05_l2 -finger05_l3 -finger02_l2 -finger02_l3 -RHaveN -finger04_r2 -finger04_r3 -finger01_r3 -finger01_r1 -finger02_r1 -finger01_r2 -finger03_r1 -finger03_r2 -finger03_r3 -finger05_r1 -finger05_r2 -finger05_r3 -finger02_r2 -finger02_r3 -reg1l -reg2l -shoe1l -reg1r -reg2r -shoe1r -head1 -body -tail2 -tail1 -hips -pantr2 -pantl2 -pantsr -pantsl -shoe2l -shoe2r Warning: BindPose - Incomplete Bind Pose [link nodes parents](22) Description: The following parent and/or ancestor node of the Link(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. -head1 -body -hips -TopN -arm1l -shol -shor -ear2l -ear1l -head2 -ear2r -ear1r -finger01_l2 -finger01_l1 -finger01_r2 -finger01_r1 -tail1 -pantsr -pantsl -reg2l -reg1l -reg1r Warning: Skin Modifiers Import (0) Description: The Initial position (or Initial Pose) of the skinned objects is missing. The plug-in will create a pose automatically but running the 'Assume Skin Pose' command may create unexpected results. Warning: Missing material/texture (2) Description: The plug-in has detected the following problems while reading or writing the file: -Material named p00m_body not found for node polygon12 -Material named p00m_body not found for node polygon13 After that the model looks fine in 3ds Max (I'm using 2010 if you needed to know) Then I make a copy of one of the bones and parent it to the TopN bone and export the model as a DAE. When imported into BrawlBox I get this error: This leads me to believe that the only way to do this is use Donkey Kong's boneset on Klonoa's model and make DK's boneset as close to Klonoa's as I can while only keeping the necessary bones of Donkey Kong's intact.

...when exporting did you check the box *convert dummy bones* i think thats what its called..
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

November 15, 2011, 03:41:07 AM #28 Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:41:59 AM by Spex130
Quote from: shock44 on November 14, 2011, 04:58:37 PM
This leads me to believe that the only way to do this is use Donkey Kong's boneset on Klonoa's model and make DK's boneset as close to Klonoa's as I can while only keeping the necessary bones of Donkey Kong's intact.

That, dear sir, is a lie. You should use the 2011 Plugin instead of the 2010. Works with NO problems. 2010 kept giving me them, even though I USE Max 2010, so I switched to the 2011 plugin.

Also, just to prove my point, here's a picture of my project rigged to Klonoa's bones.



So yeah.


There's an actual Trogdor model? I want to vote for that next.