TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yah in certain angles it looks like he has nipples, and I just think it'd look better with that circle in the texture...unless I'm the only one who doesn't like the default shine texture then I'll just edit my own copy of the hack to change the texture. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

January 01, 2014, 01:16:56 AM #676 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:05:16 AM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2014, 01:04:47 AM
Yah in certain angles it looks like he has nipples, and I just think it'd look better with that circle in the texture...unless I'm the only one who doesn't like the default shine texture then I'll just edit my own copy of the hack to change the texture. lol

I'm experimenting with another texture ATM. I'll see what it looks like.

EDIT: OK, so the experiment didn't work. I edited the shine texture. Tell me what you think


Honestly... I don't really like the shine texture on him...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Dark Saber on January 01, 2014, 02:40:53 AM
Honestly... I don't really like the shine texture on him...

Oh?

I added it to pay homage to his DKC and DK64 appearances. I think that without them he looks just plain weird. D:

the shine is a bit too much. dull down the shine. i like it tho
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 01, 2014, 02:56:39 AM
the shine is a bit too much. dull down the shine. i like it tho

Dull it down on the chest, or all of it?

January 01, 2014, 03:04:49 AM #681 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:28:42 AM by Dark Saber
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 01, 2014, 02:54:01 AM
Oh?

I added it to pay homage to his DKC and DK64 appearances. I think that without them he looks just plain weird. D:
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 01, 2014, 02:58:27 AM
Dull it down on the chest, or all of it?
Now that you mention it, I also think that he would be plain without it... But... Idk why, I don't like it... It makes his chest look weird... Maybe you should tone it down a bit and let it the same for the rings
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

I'd say just on the chest. He looks really good otherwise.

I'm curious, did you manage to solve the DK throw issue, or did you use another character? Or is that still an issue?

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Looks better to me now, and I agree with maybe tone it down on his belly since it's a lot of shine, though keep it the same for the rings like Dark Saber said.
I hope you do plan on getting eye movement because in some animations he looks a little derpy. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

January 01, 2014, 03:17:41 AM #684 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:11:04 AM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
Quote from: Dark Saber on January 01, 2014, 03:04:49 AM
Now that you mention it, I also think that he would be plain without it... But... Idk why, I don't like it... It makes his chest look weird... Laybe you should tone it down a bit and let it the same for the rings

All righty, I'm working on a duller version. :) It'll affect his rings and crown too, though.

Quote from: Hosernaut on January 01, 2014, 03:06:47 AM
I'd say just on the chest. He looks really good otherwise.

I'm curious, did you manage to solve the DK throw issue, or did you use another character? Or is that still an issue?

Gotcha.

And no, not yet. And he's still on DK. I'm going to study the Cloud Kong PSA to try and give him a normal FThrow.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2014, 03:08:46 AM
Looks better to me now, and I agree with maybe tone it down on his belly since it's a lot of shine, though keep it the same for the rings like Dark Saber said.
I hope you do plan on getting eye movement because in some animations he looks a little derpy. xD

Lulz. I'm not planning it, because the veins in his eyes will move too.

EDIT: I'm finished the duller shine texture. I'll get a pic of it. ;D I also made K. Rool jump a little higher than DK, but be a faster faller due to his size and weight.

Edit 2: Try this on for size. :3


You can get multiple shine textures unless his belly is in the same object as the other gold stuff, but he looks great either way. Actually he looks better with all of the shine dulled down, you could do eye movement for his normal eye so then it'd make a bit of sense for his bloodshot eye to not move around, though with a little editing you could separate the iris and the vains so the pupil will still move without the vains moving. Course these are just suggestions and not requirements.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 01, 2014, 06:27:52 AM
You can get multiple shine textures unless his belly is in the same object as the other gold stuff, but he looks great either way. Actually he looks better with all of the shine dulled down, you could do eye movement for his normal eye so then it'd make a bit of sense for his bloodshot eye to not move around, though with a little editing you could separate the iris and the vains so the pupil will still move without the vains moving. Course these are just suggestions and not requirements.

Progress update:

I made K. Rool's Jump Squat, Jump F, TurnRun and animations. I'm about to start organizing his MotionEtc for his Specials. I'm about to start the Down one. That's the one where he falls flat on his stomach and stays down. (basically, enters the DownD action)

I'll have snapshots later. Right now I'm just familiarizing myself with navigating through BrawlEx, eventually I intend to add my PSAs as separate slots, and make it so you can too. ^^ This is major breakthrough, being to add all these characters to Brawl's tiny, limited roster. :D Once we can use USB drives for this (or I get a new Wii), I'm going hogwild on slot adding. ;D

Well I'm glad I figured out how to use the Stage Expansion and Project M on Dolphin because I love the idea of using more slots despite me using only like 7 totally characters out of the original 35. xD
Anyways like the sound of the Down B, for the Up B maybe do the attack where he jumps high, and sorta mimic King DDD's Up B since it's similar.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

BrawlEx I've never ever heard of it before, if its alright can you tell me a little about it, I tried to look it up but I couldn't find any info on it.

Quote from: Calypso on January 02, 2014, 12:10:40 AM
BrawlEx I've never ever heard of it before, if its alright can you tell me a little about it, I tried to look it up but I couldn't find any info on it.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.