TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Is one of his specials/attacks throwing his glove? That was always annoying during the fight as Diddy in DK64, so it'd be fun to do that to players especially if they remember the fight as well. xD
Anyways I tried to give you my money at the very beginning of you making the moveset, I don't think I need to try again to express my happiness of those previews. ;)
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 04, 2014, 11:55:40 PM
Is one of his specials/attacks throwing his glove? That was always annoying during the fight as Diddy in DK64, so it'd be fun to do that to players especially if they remember the fight as well. xD
Anyways I tried to give you my money at the very beginning of you making the moveset, I don't think I need to try again to express my happiness of those previews. ;)

Yes, actually. ;D I have that planned for his Forward Smash. ;D

And lol. I'll take it. Haha

Anyway, I'm going to tweak a few things, finish the catch animations, and then send him off to Neb for a video. ;D

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 05, 2014, 12:07:52 AM
Yes, actually. ;D I have that planned for his Forward Smash. ;D

And lol. I'll take it. Haha

Anyway, I'm going to tweak a few things, finish the catch animations, and then send him off to Neb for a video. ;D
So is this still a WIP or are you saying he's just about finished? Probably the first option, but still can't wait to play an updated version. :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

All right, so! There's been a little change in plans. I'm NOT going away for the week. So it means that the K. Rool beta I have planned will MOST LIKELY happen, I don't know yet. :P

I also made him some stock icons yesterday. I was lazy, they're edited and recoloured versions of his Barrel Blast icon. XD But they still look kinda good. ;D

I'm about to resume work on him, but right now I'm bumping this thread for the umpteenth time, since [censored]ing WALUIGI seems to get more love than the Kremling King. lol

Also, thanks to a user named "Furil" on Smashboards... :

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 08, 2014, 04:58:38 PM
I'm about to resume work on him, but right now I'm bumping this thread for the umpteenth time, since [censored]ing WALUIGI seems to get more love than the Kremling King. lol
Well it is Waluigi, and because he's been revealed to be an Assistant Trophy again in Smash 4, and nothing about K Rool has been said yet, people are still hoping for him to be in Smash 4 and probably won't storm into this thread unless he isn't a playable character like Waluigi. You have to remember that it's nothing against you, there's just more hype for Waluigi right now. If K Rool is revealed to be a playable character, then this thread might get more popular. idk, I just know that me and the other guys visiting this thread are excited for K Rool. :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 08, 2014, 07:15:01 PM
Well it is Waluigi, and because he's been revealed to be an Assistant Trophy again in Smash 4, and nothing about K Rool has been said yet, people are still hoping for him to be in Smash 4 and probably won't storm into this thread unless he isn't a playable character like Waluigi. You have to remember that it's nothing against you, there's just more hype for Waluigi right now. If K Rool is revealed to be a playable character, then this thread might get more popular. idk, I just know that me and the other guys visiting this thread are excited for K Rool. :D

Just makes me feel kinda hurt, is all. That a character I have a very strong dislike for, and not to mention has NO relevance whatsoever to the main Mario universe, is getting more love than my fav character of all time... the main villain of Donkey Kong. If K. Rool is playable in Smash 4, I will make it as well if it's doable within Brawl. It's clear that Sakurai doesn't see Waluigi as a worthy contender in the playable roster. I, personally, am extremely happy that it was Rosalina who got chosen.

Don't get me wrong: MarioKing's PSA looks fantastic, and I too will try it out. I hate the character, but I LOVE a quality PSA. However, it doesn't change the fact that I want Waluigi's head.

I realize that I work on slightly more obscure characters: Lip, King Cold, etc. But I put a lot of work into my projects as well. I pour my heart and soul into them, especially the actual attack coding in PSA.

Anyway.... I should just stop this and get back to work. lol But still... I'm curious to see if I release that beta I promised. :) Thanks, SMF1.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 08, 2014, 08:50:42 PM
Just makes me feel kinda hurt, is all. That a character I have a very strong dislike for, and not to mention has NO relevance whatsoever to the main Mario universe, is getting more love than my fav character of all time... the main villain of Donkey Kong. If K. Rool is playable in Smash 4, I will make it as well if it's doable within Brawl. It's clear that Sakurai doesn't see Waluigi as a worthy contender in the playable roster. I, personally, am extremely happy that it was Rosalina who got chosen.

Don't get me wrong: MarioKing's PSA looks fantastic, and I too will try it out. I hate the character, but I LOVE a quality PSA. However, it doesn't change the fact that I want Waluigi's head.

I realize that I work on slightly more obscure characters: Lip, King Cold, etc. But I put a lot of work into my projects as well. I pour my heart and soul into them, especially the actual attack coding in PSA.

Anyway.... I should just stop this and get back to work. lol But still... I'm curious to see if I release that beta I promised. :) Thanks, SMF1.
You're welcome, I think it's really the fact that Waluigi has an entire fanbase behind him, I am curious to know if Sakurai doesn't think Waluigi is good enough to be a playable character, or if he's just being an ass to the Waluigi lovers, or if he's paying all the workers a crap ton of cash to keep a real Waluigi under the hood who'll be an unlockable character in the final game. I'd love to see it be the last option because it'd blow most people's minds, but it's not that likely. I mean it is possible because they constantly remind everyone that the game is still in development.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

That's why your work is the most interesting. You choose more obscure characters. That in and by itself is great, because it won't just be a pileup of the absolutely most well known characters out there. Those who know who your characters are will very fondly remember some good gaming moments and really appreciate seeing them in brawl. And even if they are completely new to them, the quality of your work is still so high they tend to end up becoming favorite characters anyway :)
You Never Know!

So I've been quiet about the WIP build Tabuu let me use. Here's what I have to say:

Firstly a lot of moves weren't included so I can only say so much about certain things.

Tilts aren't done. Some of them look like they might work either way, but since it uses Pit's smaller skeleton it looks silly. :)

Smashes:

Down Smash: K Rool hops up a foot and slams his arse into the ground. The animation looks good, and the getting up animation looks fine too. The moves appears to heart you while he's ascending, but the hitbox for the slam itself isn't put in yet. There's an electrical looking effect when he lands, which I like (Not like pikachu electric, it's very mild, but VERY effective looking). -WAIT the hitbox for the slam is put in but I can only get it to have effect with K Rool is walking into someone while doing it. Or when the opponent is behind him. I think it's a WIP, but the hitbox could be extended out a bit.

No other smashes on my build.

No aerials done on my build.

Specials:

Neutral Special: He pulls out the blunderbus and holds it one hand. It charges up but at this time no shots are fire from it. I can't gauge the attack too much here, but the aniumation's on the right track.
Air version: A nonchargeable version where he fires it quickly once.


Down Special: He appears to play dead. It reminds me of Jigglypuff's sleep except it always does some damage, and the recovery time is actually reasonable. It's a nice reference to DKC1 :) The animation isn't quite done yet. 
Air version: it's another slam, this time with his belly. You recover faster than Bowser does. Does reasonable damage, the speed at which you fall down is pretty slow when compared to Bowser, but you recover faster. I'd suggest a two-hit system where:

In the air you use the move it actually knocks the person underneath you so that you've secured the actual slam when K Rool reaches the ground. One hit for initiating the slam, the other for the ground. A downward attack like this doesn't exist to my knowledge if you were to pursue it.

Side Special: is the Crown boomerang. The attack looks great with K Rool even looking towards the player (if he's facing the right side of the board. I'm not sure if it's possible, but if he could always face the player that'd be a nice touch) just like DKC1. While the crown is thrown K Rool is in place. It can hit while going out and then coming back in. My only suggestion for this is to make the crown a bit bigger. Aesthetically it looks fine on him, but using the crown as an attack would probably look more offensive and feel more intimidating if it were bigger.

Here's an example:

http://www.dkvine.com/games/dkc/characters/images/k_rool_01.png

Here's the current size:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w271/T_C_Rhade/K%20Rool%20PSA/BrawlboxScreencap1_zps0144946b.png

I get that the DKC1 Crown makes no sense in fitting on his head with the crown's edge appearing to come off his head a bit, but it looks much more pristine and it will make the attack look and feel nicer. I would hate for the attack to come off as just one of those "annoying little" attacks thrown into a PSA. Not that I think that, I know what it's referencing and I like it a lot, but to non-fans, they might scratch their heads. Attacks should draw potential new fans in. That's how Marth got me into Fire Emblem. All his attacks were so cool to me. Just a thought.
Air Side version is the same but keeps K Rool still as though he's on the ground.

Neutral A move:

He's got two jabs with his boxing gloves. The third hit isn't done in my build, but the first hit looks nice, and then the second hit he digs a little deeper in and it looks cool. I'm excited to see the final string in the attack.

Other than that, the rest of the attacks are still Pit's.

OH WAIT the Dash attack is a Belly Slam. I actually like it. It's silly and fun.

One thing I will say that totally makes me happy to have gotten to try this PSA is: The animations are solid. The Wait looks like heavy-hungry breathing. He blinks, his mouth opens and closes when he runs, his crouch looks intense, the wait 2 where he puts his hand up look good. Cape moves great, air animations make sense. Overall feels good :) I'll have a more in depth opinion towards the end of the beta.


Suggestions:
Only other things I'd suggest is to make one of his taunts an arm flex. It'll look like he's competing with DK.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Awesome! Thanks, Nebulon. I'll try my very best, but the "always looking at the player" thing sounds tough. I might run out of unused subactions to use them on. But I'll try my best. And the resized crown is easy to do. I'll implement it soon. The feature where K. Rool always looks at the screen won't be in the beta.

Speaking of which, the beta is coming next weekend. Not this one coming, the next one. I have to fine-tune stuff and then make more animations. I've started to do Damage stuff. Damage and Downed animations will feature closed eyelids. ;D

I hope he'll be a suitable Pit clone. I think you'll be happy, Nebulon. I'll send it to you first so you can make me a trailer and a video, and THEN I'll release. ;D

I'm really looking forward to giving K. Rool a test! I'm a long time DKC fan, DKC 2 being my favourite game of all time, so it's really nice to see DKC get some love in the moveset department.
Just reading over the move descriptions is getting me pretty excited, I'll be sure to test him out and give my feedback!

Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 10, 2014, 02:28:41 AM
I'm really looking forward to giving K. Rool a test! I'm a long time DKC fan, DKC 2 being my favourite game of all time, so it's really nice to see DKC get some love in the moveset department.
Just reading over the move descriptions is getting me pretty excited, I'll be sure to test him out and give my feedback!

And I, on my end, am really looking forward to you guys trying him out. :)

I finished his Down Smash about 99.9%, just need to adjust the "shockwave" hitbox. What I did was polish his AttackLw4Hold. I am also finalizing a Win1 animation. ;D I got it off Smashboards: he takes off his crown and bows to the player with it in hand. Once I finish his Sawnd, he'll say "Thank You!" while doing it. All that's left is a few touch ups here and there, and the Win1Wait version.

The beta will also feature a completed back aerial. ;D Along with that, next week's goal is to finish Damage animations and implement another throw: the Back one.

All I need now is to figure out how to edit his Arrow and Bow articles, which I replaced with Cannonballs: The Bow with a regular one and the arrow with a Spiked. I need to edit them to do the same thing, fly a little slower, and hit with different hitbox flags. Can anyone teach me how to edit Pit's articles? Thanks.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 11, 2014, 04:18:59 PM
Can anyone teach me how to edit Pit's articles? Thanks.

I've only ever been able to edit article hitboxes in BBox. But there might be some offsets or something that you could use.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You should make one of his win animations this then since you plan on having him say "Thank you!" :af2:
http://gifsoup.com/view/4758845/king-k-rool.html
Either a win, or a taunt...actually make it a taunt because that'll make it even funnier. :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.