TABUU / FREDRIK PSA house. Magolor - Current WIP

Started by Tabuu Forte Akugun, December 06, 2011, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Thanks, Karna. I was able to change the hitbox flags, and I have an idea I'd like to implement, but yeah, I'm not quite sure how to. The idea was to scrap the bow (replaced by the regular cannonball), and implement them BOTH on top of the arrow, using variables called in the Charging subaction of my neutral special. I'd have to create a new subroutine, which is easy (the hard part is remembering the offset lol) and call it from inside the hitbox one. Am... I making any sense?

Definitely makes sense! I dunno if it'll work though, never done anything like that...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Okay, guys. I've got some very good news, and some somewhat bad news.

The somewhat bad news first: I can't get the projectile to shoot straight ahead (it either goes straight up, or stays stuck on the bone I set in on in Tabuu. I can't figure out how to make the Side Arrow load at all. Next, I can't get the article to show up at all when I try to call it on the ground. It's like it refuses to generate Article 1 (Arrow/Cannonballs) For now, K. Rool can only shoot an "upward" cannonball in the air.

Really good news: So far, my subroutine hitbox idea... WORKS. No crashing, no other glitches (save for the graphic effect trail I can't seem to remove) But to test it fully, I need to be able to use it on the ground. I made my subroutine to load cannonballs from K. Rool's effect file depending on how long I hold B, and so far, the basic cannonball works flawlessly except for speed and direction. I have no way of testing the spiked variety yet though.

Things are looking up, however. K. Rool, in my opinion, is really starting to come together as a moveset. ;D

July 12, 2014, 10:07:53 PM #1938 Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:28:52 PM by Kitsu-chan
I think you can edit the trail-y effect at this offset~
E160
... That's just a first guess though. *Headdesk*

Good to see lots of prgress being done though!

If I can figure why the projectile doesn't want to just go straight ahead though, I'll let you know.

Post Merge: July 12, 2014, 10:28:28 PM

I think that you can change article stuff with the 'Model Event' things~
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on July 12, 2014, 10:07:53 PM
I think you can edit the trail-y effect at this offset~
E160
... That's just a first guess though. *Headdesk*

Good to see lots of prgress being done though!

If I can figure why the projectile doesn't want to just go straight ahead though, I'll let you know.

Thanks, man! Replaced everything with No Operation commands and it works perfectly!

I... just wish I knew why the arrow only goes up. Let me know, man, if ever you can.

I'm going to post 4 snapshots now. :)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I editted the post a bit up there~

He looks pretty snazzy though!
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on July 12, 2014, 10:32:11 PM
I editted the post a bit up there~

He looks pretty snazzy though!

Thanks, but the problem is I don't know what Actions the arrow article has... XD And those are Anchored Event commands that affect his Bow, which I don't use. Thanks anyway.

And thank you for the comment. I think so too. ^_^

I'll reread Dant's notes in the meantime.

Them preview pics look sweet!
So for the cannonball, is it only shooting up until you can figure out how to make it go forwards? Or is it kinda like a combination of him shooting the cannonballs in DKC 2 with the falling cannonballs from DKC? Cause that could always work as an interesting sort of move, like he could fire one up and it would fall down a few seconds later, giving you time to use it as sort of a trap to knock people into or something.

Quote from: secretchaos1 on July 13, 2014, 04:20:52 AM
Them preview pics look sweet!
So for the cannonball, is it only shooting up until you can figure out how to make it go forwards? Or is it kinda like a combination of him shooting the cannonballs in DKC 2 with the falling cannonballs from DKC? Cause that could always work as an interesting sort of move, like he could fire one up and it would fall down a few seconds later, giving you time to use it as sort of a trap to knock people into or something.

That's not the intent, though. I can't figure out how Pit shoots his arrow sideways. Only the up one works.

Anyway, I finished making his Back Throw!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh damn, that is a nice throw. I've always liked the ones that follow up with an extra hit, reminds me of fox or mewtwo's. Very nice.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 14, 2014, 01:12:16 AM
That's not the intent, though. I can't figure out how Pit shoots his arrow sideways. Only the up one works.

Anyway, I finished making his Back Throw!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Dat blinking eye at the end deserves a fancy camera. XD
Nice job, Tabuu!
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Hah! No Shulk today! And two Fire Emblem newcomers that AREN'T Chrom! Eat my ass, Gematsu!

Anyway, enough ranting and cheering. Here's what I have planned for my man K. Rool today: more damage animations, possibly start Downed stuff, eye movement for the back throw and possibly start the Back Aerial!

And I've decided that this Saturday is when K. Rool's beta will be out. I'll post it when I feel like it on that day, so have that Refresh Page handy. ;D

See you later!

I'll be keeping an eye out for it! Going on vacation though for a couple weeks, but I'll still be eager to test him out.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on July 14, 2014, 02:46:57 PM
Hah! No Shulk today! And two Fire Emblem newcomers that AREN'T Chrom! Eat my ass, Gematsu!

Anyway, enough ranting and cheering. Here's what I have planned for my man K. Rool today: more damage animations, possibly start Downed stuff, eye movement for the back throw and possibly start the Back Aerial!

And I've decided that this Saturday is when K. Rool's beta will be out. I'll post it when I feel like it on that day, so have that Refresh Page handy. ;D

See you later!

I am ready to make that Trailer.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Nebulon on July 14, 2014, 04:17:44 PM
I am ready to make that Trailer.

Hence why you're getting it before everyone else. ;) Even if it's MY PSA, I'm giving you almost full creative freedom on this trailer. :) My only condition: use Brawl's "King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2" music in it. ;) It's so fitting for a K. Rool trailer. ;D

Anyway. I intend to bust my ass these next few days. I want to have all Damage animations done, followed by Downed Down animations and possibly DownAttackD as well, including special (SRT, PAT, etc) animations. I don't believe I've ever put this much perfectionism and finicky details in a PSA. Not even King Cold or Tabuu himself. I want K. Rool to be as good as I can humanly make him. I'm going all Sakurai on him (obsessing over every little thing and tiring myself out lol)

I finished the Back Throw completely. :) Moving on to Damage and DownD