Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4662723 times)
Rosetta-Hime
Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15120 on: June 29, 2014, 11:14:08 AM »

Weird, something messed up the texture mapping, and also I see a duplicate left hand. I feel like I ran into a similar probably at one point...in 3ds max try adding an UVUnmap and then move it below the Skin Modifier and then collapse the UVUnmap. That might do something, I know that when I make a sphere and then give it a texture in BB and ingame the texture is messed up but adding a UVUnmap and collapsing it under the Skin Modifier seems to fix it. The texture looks lovely in BB though.
    I know what caused the duplicate hand. Every part of the dress is Peach's, except for the sleeves. When imported into Max, I deleted what I didn't need, like Peach's gloves, the bottom half of Rosalina's dress, etc. But when I imported them into BB, the things I deleted were still there, so I had to erase their part of the texture to look normal. And I will try the UVUnmap now.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15121 on: June 29, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »

Rosetta, did you try to delete the objects corresponding to the gloves? In brawbox you can do it easily ...

Rosetta-Hime
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Dedicated Hacker >9000 Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15122 on: June 29, 2014, 11:44:36 AM »

The gloves and the torso are the same polygon. So if I delete that, then I delete the torso.

Ashley and Red
    Lol Kitten

AKA Mougeki Mero (Retired/Doing mods for Personal)

• Awards Heart Container >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15123 on: June 29, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »

The gloves and the torso are the same polygon. So if I delete that, then I delete the torso.

yeah, got  it....So the main problem may be in the UV texture map

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15124 on: June 29, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »

In 3ds Max, under the EditMesh Modifier, select vertices or polygons then select only the vertices/polygons corresponding to the gloves and then hit delete. The torso will still be their with it's rig.
    You know, I could do something about it.

Am I hearing you suggesting to make TheTerror's Waluigi an alternate costume? Happy Face

Post Merge: June 29, 2014, 02:07:40 PM
    So far this looks great in BB, but crashes the game two seconds after choosing him.

It might be the size of the model because even though the pac and pcs are great file size wise, I've run into problems before with the model itself being too detailed so gonna have to look into that and see how I can lower it without messing up the rig too much.
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:07:40 PM by StupidMarioFan1 » Logged

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #15125 on: June 29, 2014, 02:45:32 PM »

It might be the size of the model because even though the pac and pcs are great file size wise, I've run into problems before with the model itself being too detailed so gonna have to look into that and see how I can lower it without messing up the rig too much.

I did the same thing, however, I also included the mask as well as all of Metaknight's textures/ It's possible that it is or is not a file size problem. My .pcs is 394 KB and the .pac is 664 KB. Works fine in-game.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15126 on: June 29, 2014, 03:19:24 PM »

Sup'

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

« Reply #15127 on: June 29, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »

Sup'

[/color]

One of the times you have to appreciate Nintendo for focusing on Link and Young Link more than anything in OOT 3D. Amazing!

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15128 on: June 29, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »

welp

original vertices count:
    pro optimized as much as I could but still 13 000.... Shoulde I make her with no expresions? that way the vertices count will decrease to 9000

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15129 on: June 29, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »

I did the same thing, however, I also included the mask as well as all of Metaknight's textures/ It's possible that it is or is not a file size problem. My .pcs is 394 KB and the .pac is 664 KB. Works fine in-game.
    No that's not it because the mask version works in game and it's dae file is 500 kb smaller. (Not showing a pic because I didn't edit the materials just to see if it'd even load in game first.) It's the model because of how detailed Kirby's body is and he has two copies of his body.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15130 on: June 29, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »

Whoa , is that the actual 3ds oot Link model?

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #15131 on: June 29, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »

Sup'

Does his other tunics use recolored textures or do they all share the same green tunic textures just like in the N64 version? The magic of vertex coloring saves a lot of memory, that's why GoldenEye 007 has the majority of it's textures in black and white. O_o

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15132 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »

One of the times you have to appreciate Nintendo for focusing on Link and Young Link more than anything in OOT 3D. Amazing!

Thank you my friend.

Whoa , is that the actual 3ds oot Link model?

At the base I made OoT3DS Link and I wanted to make sexy OoT Link Brawl Styled.
    So I used some part of P:M Link, edited the vertex, made new object and a new head.[/cyan]

Does his other tunics use recolored textures or do they all share the same green tunic textures just like in the N64 version? The magic of vertex coloring saves a lot of memory, that's why GoldenEye 007 has the majority of it's textures in black and white. O_o

I haven't find the texture of the tunic, it's possible they use a vertex color.

russmarrs2
    Extreme Kitten

Wahaa...

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Starstormer Renowned Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15133 on: June 29, 2014, 06:41:01 PM »

At the base I made OoT3DS Link and I wanted to make sexy OoT Link Brawl Styled.
    So I used some part of P:M Link, edited the vertex, made new object and a new head.

Well you did a great job!

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15134 on: June 29, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »

so after some hours editing and UV mapping the pl2 model base, I finally got it on Shimakaze's clothes; this reduced the number of vertices to a stable number

Pages:  1 ... 1006 1007 1008 [1009] 1010 1011 1012 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: