WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SJS on December 02, 2012, 02:53:22 AM
I was gonna watch it, but the description told me not to. :(

Yeeeeeeeees.... all according to plan...

Quote from: Ridley-G on December 02, 2012, 02:55:08 AM
Yeeeeeeeees.... all according to plan...
Getting views to not watch it. Seems legit.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


December 02, 2012, 03:09:58 AM #6902 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:11:56 AM by AdfroMan
Quote from: the_randomizer on December 02, 2012, 02:11:43 AM
Just a little preview on my next project, my first ever Charizard hack.



Size mods require the editing of YRotN, right?

Charizard's polygon count is like 3000 so anything you put on him will have to be near that amount or it'll freeze. Just saying cause that model looks quite high poly. I was gonna do Alduin from Skyrim on him but by the time I'd optimized it it looked like crap.

December 02, 2012, 03:36:08 AM #6903 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:49:21 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: AdfroMan on December 02, 2012, 03:09:58 AM
Charizard's polygon count is like 3000 so anything you put on him will have to be near that amount or it'll freeze. Just saying cause that model looks quite high poly. I was gonna do Alduin from Skyrim on him but by the time I'd optimized it it looked like crap.

Dammit, wish someone told me that before I got the request  :-[  Well, what I'll do before I get too far into it is do a basic rig to the torso bones, try it out in Brawl and if all is well, I can continue to rig him. Not sure what the poly count is, but the PS2 didn't have as high of a count as many Wii/Gamecube games.

Bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.

Edit

Polygon totals

Bahamut 4,246 polygons
Charizard 2.936 polygons


Yep, I'm SOL to the max.

December 02, 2012, 03:51:04 AM #6904 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:52:28 AM by Mr.MW
Quote from: AdfroMan on December 02, 2012, 03:09:58 AM
Charizard's polygon count is like 3000 so anything you put on him will have to be near that amount or it'll freeze. Just saying cause that model looks quite high poly. I was gonna do Alduin from Skyrim on him but by the time I'd optimized it it looked like crap.
well yoshis egg was 500 polys and the facehugger i used to replace had 3600 after prooptimezed
but the trick is to reduce texture size so that total mdlo file size does not exceed

December 02, 2012, 03:55:46 AM #6905 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:27:30 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Mr.MW on December 02, 2012, 03:51:04 AM
well yoshis egg was 500 polys and the facehugger i used to replace had 3600 after prooptimezed
but the trick is to reduce texture size so that total mdlo file size does not exceed

And I do that in 3DS Max, how?  Exceed what size?  >:(

Edit

Gannondorf has had hacks in excess of 8000 polygons and he has exactly 5592 polygons. I don't see why I can't import it.

wut?
just do it
it should work
i was only giving u an example that polys can be bigger(but try not to exaggerate)
and if total file size is a problem than try reducing textures

December 02, 2012, 04:42:18 AM #6907 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:46:23 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Mr.MW on December 02, 2012, 04:38:14 AM
wut?
just do it
it should work
i was only giving u an example that polys can be bigger(but try not to exaggerate)
and if total file size is a problem than try reducing textures

Well, the way you worded it made it sound like it would ruin my chances of doing it, my fault for being a jerk. not your fault for my misinterpretation :(

*hides in shame*

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 02, 2012, 04:42:18 AM
Well, the way you worded it made it sound like it would ruin my chances of doing it, my fault for being a jerk. not your fault for my misinterpretation :(

*hides in shame*
Nah Dont sweat it Bro
It happens to the best of us...

Quote from: Mr.MW on December 02, 2012, 05:02:32 AM
Nah Dont sweat it Bro
It happens to the best of us...

Glad we came to an understanding. I hope this hack turns out well.

UH-OH~!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Angelglory on December 02, 2012, 05:57:33 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Oh please god no D:


Quote from: Angelglory on December 02, 2012, 05:57:33 AM
UH-OH~!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
...

OMG It's the end of the world! D:

I thought I had 203 more days. D:
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿



Srsly. SJS made the texture ridiculously good. This is insane. This might just be too much sexy to fit into a .pac or .pcs file. But ironicly, it's fine on regards to filesize ;D

On another note, Nano (kind of) fixed the arm situation. I still have to figure out the problem with these massive [censored]ing tires on her shoulders.

But seriously. Are you seeing this texture? Are you [censored]ing seeing it? Holy [censored].