WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Here's Milky Way Meadow so far, background still needs some work. I had to discard all of the material work I did because for some reason it lagged the game and didn't load the stage properly. Might've been from the RtDL parts, but I didn't test to see. But it's fine, I can just redo the material stuff later.


Quote from: Nanobuds on December 03, 2012, 11:33:38 PM
Guess who gave Snake a working cape?

That's right. This guy.

Note: This is a simple 5 minute rig. It is far from being done.


Hopefully it doesn't cause any GFX glitches >.>
My texture looks pretty sexy ;D


December 04, 2012, 12:31:48 AM #6932 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:52:45 AM by Mr.MW
<.<
>.>
Oh My Gosh wat have I done
One Slot edited Bone tree


www.youtube.com/watch?v=fML3SSlwQlc

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


December 04, 2012, 12:48:56 AM #6933 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:08:22 AM by the_randomizer
You know, I appreciate the suggestions on rigging on other skeletons, but there's a small problem with that...I would have to re-edit the arm and leg vertices on the entire sodding model, and seeing as I spent a long time doing it, there's not a chance in Hell I want to go through that again.  Maybe if someone told me before I started to t-pose it, and as for Gannondorf, he has no way of having moving wings. Unless it was rigged to the cape and even then, who knows?  

I guess I deserved being berated for jumping the gun on this mod.....damn, go fig.

I have older files where the arms are t-posed but not the legs, if someone wants to help me (since I would rather not do it all over again), I might consider it, but don't hold your breath.


Edit

Just compiled two Charizard files (pac/pcs) and neither exceed 300 KB.

Edit 2:

Wait a minute, the FitPokeLizardon00.pac for the Ridley mod is 510 KB.....???


Quote from: Mr.MW on December 04, 2012, 12:31:48 AM
<.<
>.>
Oh My Gosh wat have I done
One Slot edited Bone tree


www.youtube.com/watch?v=fML3SSlwQlc

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


lol wtf xD


Quote from: Carnage on December 03, 2012, 11:38:41 PM
the cape moves with the wind perfectly? you managed to use snake bandana?
That's how I made Commandramon's tail move with the wind too.

The file can't exceed 300 KB and yet, people have released hacked for Charizard that exceed 500 KB...how?

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:08:59 AM
The file can't exceed 300 KB and yet, people have released hacked for Charizard that exceed 500 KB...how?
Magic.

No, but really, I have no idea. It may have soemthing to do with the fact that Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon all have to switch or something. Pokemon Trainer's filesize limit is so low, I couldn't release May without destroying her textures, and the hack completely.


Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:08:59 AM
The file can't exceed 300 KB and yet, people have released hacked for Charizard that exceed 500 KB...how?
Quote from: Boygos on December 04, 2012, 01:19:46 AM
Magic.

No, but really, I have no idea. It may have soemthing to do with the fact that Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon all have to switch or something. Pokemon Trainer's filesize limit is so low, I couldn't release May without destroying her textures, and the hack completely.
Simple really when you load a pokemon you dont load a single pokemon you load 3 pokemons plus pokemon trainer and they all together must not reach wii filesize limit + 3 other chars thats why pokemons have the lowest pcs sizes even in the iso,same goes for zelda/sheik,Samus/ZSS  the game always loads the other one at the same time and they need to not pass their limit my guess is ssbb has a character ram limit so each char can only ocupy a certain limit max so that 4 chars+stage dont fry the wii , thats the reason samus/ZSS have 7 kb filesize on their psas same for poke trainer wich has 2 lol   remenber they had to work with what the wii has to offer.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:08:59 AM
The file can't exceed 300 KB and yet, people have released hacked for Charizard that exceed 500 KB...how?

because the .pac file was about 500 kb, not the .pcs file, which is about 300 kb.  any of the Pokemon Trainer's files are incredibly picky.  i had to cut Ridley's texture size in half just to make him work.  and judging by the size and detail of your model, i'd test him in game before spending too much time on the rig.

December 04, 2012, 01:25:58 AM #6940 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:27:40 AM by the_randomizer
So.....how would you summarize that?  Ridley was 510 KB as I said before, and by that logic, I should be able to do similarly with Bahamut.

Quote from: Snoopy on December 04, 2012, 01:25:10 AM
because the .pac file was about 500 kb, not the .pcs file, which is about 300 kb.  any of the Pokemon Trainer's files are incredibly picky.  i had to cut Ridley's texture size in half just to make him work.  and judging by the size and detail of your model, i'd test him in game before spending too much time on the rig.

Right, I'll test it right now and see what happens. Worse case, I'll have to choose another to rig it over, problem with that is vertex editing and I sure as hell don't want to have to edit the legs/hands again....*shudder*.  I'll ask for outside help, that is, if there are willing people out there..... :-[

Bollocks. What did I get myself into this time?

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 04, 2012, 01:25:58 AM
So.....how would you summarize that?  Ridley was 510 KB as I said before, and by that logic, I should be able to do similarly with Bahamut.
ridley has a pcs of 300 and a pac of 500 try to keep the pcs under or really on the 300 mark or else your preety much screwed the pcs is the one that needs to be lower.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on December 04, 2012, 01:27:21 AM
ridley has a pcs of 300 and a pac of 500 try to keep the pcs under or really on the 300 mark or else your preety much screwed the pcs is the one that needs to be lower.

Well, looks like I'll need some help...once I test it in Brawl.

Damn, I'm really one one today, aren't I?

Quote from: Carnage on December 04, 2012, 01:27:21 AM
ridley has a pcs of 300 and a pac of 500 try to keep the pcs under or really on the 300 mark or else your preety much screwed the pcs is the one that needs to be lower.

this, essentially.  and like i said, go try him in game.  that's the only way you'll know for sure that it'll work in game.


dang ninjas.

December 04, 2012, 01:30:43 AM #6944 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:38:19 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Snoopy on December 04, 2012, 01:29:35 AM
this, essentially.  and like i said, go try him in game.  that's the only way you'll know for sure that it'll work in game.


dang ninjas.

It crashed despite being <300 KB....?