WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.


Check out these beautiful rainbow weights

(note: elbow isn't edited yet)
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Pik on October 06, 2012, 04:13:02 PM

Check out these beautiful rainbow weights

(note: elbow isn't edited yet)

If only people knew weighting like you, Pervy, and KJP do. Awesome imports forever.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Actually, I'm still new to weighting, haha. I make a lot of silly mistakes that make me have to start over. But still, thanks.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


That makes me want the Masked Man more :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Pik on October 06, 2012, 04:22:01 PM
Actually, I'm still new to weighting, haha. I make a lot of silly mistakes that make me have to start over. But still, thanks.
Same as me. And also, thanks for the complement.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: Pik on October 06, 2012, 04:13:02 PM

Check out these beautiful rainbow weights

(note: elbow isn't edited yet)

Haha, lookin' good.

Glad rigging's treating you better.


Not so fast! I spoke to soon. :p

http://screencast.com/t/55onLOiUHhui

I think I know how to fix it though- I didn't get rid of the bones that were rigged to 0. It'll mean redoing the arm rig, but whatever
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Pik on October 06, 2012, 04:41:07 PM
Not so fast! I spoke to soon. :p

http://screencast.com/t/55onLOiUHhui

I think I know how to fix it though- I didn't get rid of the bones that were rigged to 0. It'll mean redoing the arm rig, but whatever

I think, if you're going to re-do the rig, you could probably select the entire arm and rig it to the RshoulderJ. After that, remove all the zero weights. Finally, select the vertices afterward that should belong to RarmJ and rig partially (50% might be a good number). That'll keep out the unwanted stuff.


Although, I think the problem with your current rig is that the rings of vertices right before and right after the deformation happens are too highly weighted to their nearest bone. Try making the weights in that area closer to the other's weighted percent. That might fix it and let you keep your rig.


remember pik, first rig to parent bones, and once those are completely perfect start rigging the child bones

Just make sure every group of vertex is rigged to either RshoulderJ and RArmJ. Since the metal thing the tubes come from is attached to his arm, then there should not be a problem rigging them. They only deform when the armj bone is moved (Shoulder moves it as a whole), and since armj usually bends in only one direction, fixing it should not be hard. Just do as Spex and Jokekid said, rigg everything to the parent bones before doing anything, then you keep moving from there.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's the Pokemon I called Medeus isn't it?
Hydregion....

@Pik: Don't start over. Finish it. You'll never get it done perfect unless you use a custom boneset. Not even the official models are rigged properly. Don't waste more of your time for the same (Or a barely notable better) result.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 06, 2012, 06:26:44 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Kinky.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 06, 2012, 06:30:55 PM
It's the Pokemon I called Medeus isn't it?
Hydregion....

Yeup.

Quote from: Albafika on October 06, 2012, 06:34:14 PM
Not even the official models are rigged properly.

This is true. There are always discrepencies, but most of the time they're unnoticeable.

And since Poke Trainer is a background character I can get away with cutting corners. :af:

Quote from: Pik on October 06, 2012, 04:41:07 PM
Not so fast! I spoke to soon. :p

http://screencast.com/t/55onLOiUHhui

I think I know how to fix it though- I didn't get rid of the bones that were rigged to 0. It'll mean redoing the arm rig, but whatever

Just blend it some more between RShoulderN, RShoulderJ, and RArmJ, but with it rotated down like that instead.

No need to redo anything just because it isn't finished; that would create a paradox. :P