WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Boygos on December 12, 2012, 03:14:51 AMIt's the hack you all deserve. But not the one you need right now.
Please rig the fingers this time andnot just use the auto rig version. Also Shadow from Generations is the hack we need right now. xD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Boygos on December 12, 2012, 03:14:51 AM
It's the hack you all deserve. But not the one you need right now.



except I need it.... RIGHT NAO!!!!!!

That Batman has "epic" written all over him. :P

Hopefully I can have these out pretty soon

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just need to fix some issues, add his blaster, and maybe mess with the shine a bit more

Quote from: KTH on December 12, 2012, 12:29:26 AM
Long time i haven't made a SSBB Hack and i still looking for the amazing preview there.


Looks great. I'd love to see some more cool characters from the Archie comics like Enerjak.

Quote from: DemonBoy on December 12, 2012, 06:38:41 AM
Hopefully I can have these out pretty soon

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just need to fix some issues, add his blaster, and maybe mess with the shine a bit more
Does he have expressions? That's what the first one you put out was lacking.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on December 12, 2012, 05:52:26 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

guess its from a wierd anime i never saw?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's Mikuru Asahina, from "The Melancholy of Haruzi Suzumiya." (had to Google the last name for Haruhi)
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


December 12, 2012, 08:00:43 PM #7209 Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:03:53 PM by the_randomizer
In regards to Bahamut, is it possible to rig the model as a single object, and then detach it into multiple objects before you export, or would that cause issues? The reason is, if I rig it as a single object, the textures in Brawl Box are jacked up, but if I rig it as multiple objects before exporting the .dae file, the textures show up fine.

The only issue is that when you rig multiple objects, they tend to separate and create gaps (like shoulders, arms, etc). Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Any suggestions?

Summary:

Single object rig = corrupted textures
Multi-object rig = correct textures, but rigging as multi causes vertex separation while weighting.

doesnt bahamut have just 1 texture?

Quote from: joke. on December 12, 2012, 08:04:25 PM
doesnt bahamut have just 1 texture?

No, it came with four png files, ffx001, 002, 003, 004, and they show up fine it the model is separated, not as a single object (in Brawl Box, it looks fine after the DetachByID script is used).

Single - corrupted in BBox
Detached - Correct in BBox

Rigging detached objects causes vertices to separate.

@ Randomizer:
That is because brawl can't handle materials created from submaterials. So, you need to separete models by texture.
Rigging separate objects does not necesarrily create gaps, you can fix that by weighting the vertices that should be together to the same bone.
However It is easier to rig a single object, in most cases.
And there is in fact a way to separate objects after already rigged. I know some rigging tricks, like attaching, detaching keeping rig, moving objects to other bonesets etc.

If it is easier for you to rig as a single object do so, and separate them when you are done. Just clone the object and delete accordingly. Lets say his wings need to be detached from the main body. You clone the body and call it wings. On the body object delete the wings, and on the wing object delete the body. All this with the Edit Mesh/poly below the skin modyfier. Good luck with Bahamunt, seems to be giving you trouble, I hope you manage to pull it off.

Quote from: Segtendo on December 12, 2012, 05:12:52 PM
Does he have expressions? That's what the first one you put out was lacking.

he always had expressions. just not moving eyes. one i get my computer back in working order i'm going o try adding moving eyes and maybe redo his expressions.

Can't wait to see more of Ratchet. :D Best of luck with the PC thing.