WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Before getting too far into the rig, vertex the fingers to fit the bones...unless you're not ready to. lol Anyways I'm not sure if you should be scared or not, not all models are difficult to t-pose into the bones, besides fingers, that always takes a while, but from my understnading, all you had to do was rotate the arms and head right? That part is supposed to be easy. :) Also I can understand if you don't rig the mouth if he actually doesn't have anything inside his mouth, otherwise it'd look weird with a big hole in his face each time he open's his mouth. :\
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

December 21, 2012, 01:24:44 AM #7411 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:26:30 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 21, 2012, 01:22:09 AM
Before getting too far into the rig, vertex the fingers to fit the bones...unless you're not ready to. lol Anyways I'm not sure if you should be scared or not, not all models are difficult to t-pose into the bones, besides fingers, that always takes a while, but from my understnading, all you had to do was rotate the arms and head right? That part is supposed to be easy. :) Also I can understand if you don't rig the mouth if he actually doesn't have anything inside his mouth, otherwise it'd look weird with a big hole in his face each time he open's his mouth. :\

He doesn't have separate finger polygons but he has a thumb that's separate. The model itself is pretty low-poly, but I did line up the hands to the right bones, but as for deciding what to rig them to, well, that's going to be tricky.  The fingers will bend and move, but not individually, like I said, it's low-poly, but not so bad it's like N64 models; those are a real PITA to rig.


And with that, I'll be one step closer to building my digital empire.

Quote from: Gumdramon on December 21, 2012, 01:32:15 AM
And with that, I'll be one step closer to building my digital empire.

You're talking about the Digimon right?

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 21, 2012, 01:32:57 AM
You're talking about the Digimon right?
Yepa. I can never ignore a good Digimon hack. =o

December 21, 2012, 01:36:45 AM #7416 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:37:46 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Gumdramon on December 21, 2012, 01:36:17 AM
Yepa. I can never ignore a good Digimon hack.

Plenty of more where that came from....heheheheheheh

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

N64 Models are not that hard to rig if you are rigging them based on how they were in their original games. Like for example when the SM64 Peach import was made, her hands were rigged, every polygon was literally connected to each other. That is not how they were made in SM64, in Mario 64, the polygons aren't connected, and each polygon was rigged to one "bone" so it's incorrect for Peach's fingers to move, same with the SM64 Bowser import, but the shell is understandable since Bowser has weird animations. I seem to be the only one to get this, which is why my SM64 Bros have non-connected polygons, Yoshi has some polygons connected to each other because he had a few holes in them that are always covered up in the game, and I hadn't learned how to add faces at the time, plus the tonge would've look weird completely rigged to one bone. If you look at OoT and MM, Link has multiple hand polygons for his fingers to "open" and "close" I say to leave them rigged to the hand bones, or rigged them to the 2nd or 3rd bones since those are in the middle.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Flygon on December 20, 2012, 11:58:26 PM
inb4Igetignored
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Huh.. I've never wanted a Sonic related hack this much before :P Usually I don't care for the franchise but that's amazing xD

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 21, 2012, 01:36:45 AM
Digimon > Pokemon #inb4hatecomments
Why must everyone always say one is better than the other? .__. They're both completely different D:
Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
4613-8365-7114

Quote from: Alses on December 21, 2012, 01:54:30 AM
Huh.. I've never wanted a Sonic related hack this much before :P Usually I don't care for the franchise but that's amazing xD
Why must everyone always say one is better than the other? .__. They're both completely different D:

It's the internet, it's bound to happen sooner or later, amirite? After all, they call me The Randomizer for a reason.  Just messing around, no need to get defensive  :-[

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 21, 2012, 01:36:45 AM
Plenty of more where that came from....heheheheheheh

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Pokemon has Squirtles


Quote from: Boygos on December 21, 2012, 02:41:31 AM
Pokemon has Squirtles
And Mudkipz, I heard u liek mudkipz!

And thanks, I'm glad you like it, Rouge was somehow fun to make
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com


Quote from: the_randomizer on December 21, 2012, 01:36:45 AM
Plenty of more where that came from....heheheheheheh

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I will always remember quoting this.. I never been so agreed with a comment in my life

Quote from: Kyouma on December 21, 2012, 04:21:56 AM
I will always remember quoting this.. I never been so agreed with a comment in my life

Heheheheh....should be able to rig most if not all of it by tonight.

Quote from: the_randomizer on December 21, 2012, 01:36:45 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Fixed :P
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]