WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

I say to do it, why you might ask? Look at Flygon's Shadow over Kirby. We might as well start making tons of Mega Man hacks so we can finally end the Shadow [censored]zy-thing. I personally think it's a good model, and actually if you look at the shading, it's not blocky, it's actually pretty rounded at the corners. xD
If you want a blocky model look at this crap:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Besides, it's Opti's first model, and I know it's hard to make a custom model, so cut the guy some slack. Better than what I can do, if I get into custom modeling, I'm sticking to N64 style models to make it easier on my and the detail. XD
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Thats blocky because of the normals... his model is blocky because it is made of blocks with rounded edges.

Quote from: Nanobuds on July 06, 2013, 12:35:00 AM
Thats blocky because of the normals... his model is blocky because it is made of blocks with rounded edges.

Does it really matter man? It's his first model. He could improve it mind you, but give him a break.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Nano was not putting him down.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Yah I know it's the normal on Joanna, but still she's actually still blocker if you think about, pretty sure she has a lower vertex count. lol But anyways this is getting off topic...or am I wrong?
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

July 06, 2013, 02:41:42 AM #10925 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:47:52 AM by Kyouma
expectation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


reality
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Well every anima character looks better on the show than as a 3d model...well I guess there are exceptions.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

July 06, 2013, 03:01:35 AM #10927 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:06:16 AM by Velen
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 06, 2013, 02:47:20 AM
Well every anima character looks better on the show than as a 3d model...well I guess there are exceptions.

The models would look better if they were not so freaking bright. I mean, jesus.

Hina is probably the only one so far who I could tolerate because she's not completely washed out in terms of brightness.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on July 06, 2013, 03:01:35 AM
The models would look better if they were not so freaking bright. I mean, jesus.
Yeah, white in Brawl shows up... Well... Too bright. You have to de-saturate textures a bit sometimes to have them look good in game. Trust me. I know this for a fact.

July 06, 2013, 03:56:13 AM #10929 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:01:52 AM by Eternal Yoshi
Not only that, but every now and then you have to darken certain textures and colors as well.

Quote from: Optimuskirby on July 05, 2013, 09:35:14 PM

this is my first ever model made of a copyrighted character!
what do you think?
i'm gonna make him over lucas. but i have plans:
flame whip over his stick
leaf shield over his PK absorb... thing
Spark shock over PK thunder
1 platform... thing over his entry
Blizzard attack over PK freeze
i wasn't trying to make him high poly, so don't criticize me about that
(i also forgot the yellow thing on his buster beam)

First model huh? Try using Cylinders as basis for his limbs and try using sphere for his head. It'll look much better that way.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 06, 2013, 02:47:20 AM
Well every anima character looks better on the show than as a 3d model...well I guess there are exceptions.
I guess so, even though this Chiyuri model is more oriented to be like here Sailor of Time (Chiyuri Kitashirakawa's Theme)

Quote from: Velen on July 06, 2013, 03:01:35 AM
The models would look better if they were not so freaking bright. I mean, jesus.
lol

July 06, 2013, 04:13:52 AM #10931 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:23:43 AM by Anivernage
Quote from: Kyouma on July 06, 2013, 02:41:42 AM
expectation
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

dat beautiful and big blue sky

Quote from: Kyouma on July 06, 2013, 02:41:42 AM
reality
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


looks meh to me :V lol, just like everyone says fix her birghtness. <.<

@Optimuskirby: your first model looks good :D
if youre using 3ds max you could use relax and spherify.
Relax makes smoother your model and spherify can give it a more rounded shape for the helmet, just you need to play a bit with it. ;D

If you´re using maya, press the 2 and 3 keys, this smooths your model, also i recommend you start with NURBS then continue on polygons. But the best way to learn is by playing around with the tools.


y'know I honestly think that anime characters lose their charm in 3D because they're meant to be in a limited shaded 2D world. The same goes for a lot of cartoon characters. The Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi games come the clsest to getting the models looking right, honestly.

Or the short version is that an anime character is always going to stick out like a sore thumb in Brawl.

Quote from: Black Boo on July 06, 2013, 04:31:25 AM
y'know I honestly think that anime characters lose their charm in 3D because they're meant to be in a limited shaded 2D world. The same goes for a lot of cartoon characters. The Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi games come the clsest to getting the models looking right, honestly.

Or the short version is that an anime character is always going to stick out like a sore thumb in Brawl.

You mean like Majora would? *SHOT*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

July 06, 2013, 04:45:33 AM #10934 Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 04:46:35 AM by Black Boo
Quote from: Velen on July 06, 2013, 04:33:14 AM
You mean like Majora would? *SHOT*
-le blows smoke off gun-

No, actually, since I've designed her with the third dimension and adaptation of detail in mind.

But in all seriousness, if you want to keep the character true to their roots, they're going to look out of place in the Smash stages. If you want to make them fit in with the roster and stages, you're going to lose their original feel. It's a lose-lose, depending on your point of view, though losing the original feel seems to not be as bad of an option.