WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 29, 2013, 01:21:02 AM #12465 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:18:27 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Okay because I have no idea how to get Captain's eyes to work like they should, simply copying the materials and shaders isn't enough, I've made them disappear and nothing seems to bring them back, but he looks better than with them behind the visor.

This poncho keeps pissing me off.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Some things I could fix by simply messing around with the vertices like make it taller, but other parts won't be solved unless with like bone edits or something. :rage:
The way the vertex/recolor worked was that the poncho was like half the size of what it should've been due to being a vertex and the main focus was probably getting rid of the jewelry and legs. :srs:
Besides minor issues with the bottom of the robe, the poncho is really the only part of the rig that isn't excellent. :notimp:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 29, 2013, 01:21:02 AM
Okay because I have no idea how to get Captain's eyes to work like they should, simply copying the materials and shaders isn't enough, I've made them disappear and nothing seems to bring them back, but he looks better than with them behind the visor.

This poncho keeps pissing me off.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Some things I could fix by simply messing around with the vertices like make it taller, but other parts won't be solved unless with like bone edits or something. :rage:
The way the vertex/recolor worked was that the poncho was like half the size of what it should've been due to being a vertex and the main focus was probably getting rid of the jewelry and legs. :srs:
Besides minor issues with the bottom of the robe, the poncho is really the only part of the rig that isn't excellent. :notimp:
just because you want to make it wifi-safe, doesn't mean it's a requirement.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Tormod on December 29, 2013, 12:55:39 AM
Aye, you'll need a mixture. If you don't know how to skin wrap, just give the shoulder pads enough influence from the shoulderJ bone until they don't clip.

As for that dry captain falcon, he looks awesome! Nice work. It would be a cool touch if he had some tattered remnants of his leather clothes too. Like that dry Luigi's jeans.

Hm! That could work, I'll update it with that as an alternate along side the original. Release that as another full hack isn't necessary.


December 29, 2013, 03:12:56 AM #12468 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:25:10 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Quote from: Bad Box Art Gnorc on December 29, 2013, 02:36:17 AMjust because you want to make it wifi-safe, doesn't mean it's a requirement.
I don't care about WiFi because I use Dolphin, but I'd need to animate more bones for the poncho to make it look better if I did give it more bones. I like to keep things wifi safe so others who do use Wifi won't have to worry about it, and hate having to mess with the FitMotion.pac unless it's a animation/moveset hack because then I either feel the need to make the edits to popular moveset/animation hacks or get pestered with reports like my SM64 Mario.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 29, 2013, 03:12:56 AM
I don't care about WiFi because I use Dolphin, but I'd need to animate more bones for the poncho to make it look better if I did give it more bones. I like to keep things wifi safe so others who do use Wifi won't have to worry about it, and hate having to mess with the FitMotion.pac unless it's a animation/moveset hack because then I either feel the need to make the edits to popular moveset/animation hacks or get pestered with reports like my SM64 Mario.

Even people with Dolphin can go on wifi  :af2:


Anyone have any ideas on how to rig the poncho? It's bugging me and I'm losing interest and want to work on my SM64 hack since a new patch was just uploaded to get some custom objects in there, but I really want to finish this before New Years to celebrate.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Did you try the skin wrap?

Know a good tutorial? :srs:
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.



Skin Wrap is love, Skin Wrap is life.

December 29, 2013, 05:38:06 PM #12476 Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:34:24 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Hmm Flygon already did Funky Kong, might want to check his out and see what differences you were going to make to avoid it simply just being the same thing.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 29, 2013, 05:38:06 PM
Hmm Flygon already did Funky Kong, might want to check his out and see what differences you were going to make to avoid it simply just being the same thing.

I know he's already done Funky, but I wanted to make one closer to Brawl in detail and model. He used Funky's head from MKWii which is much lower poly than Brawl Kong. However, if mine does not come out as desired then I'll scrap this project.


December 29, 2013, 09:26:50 PM #12478 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:39:19 AM by SonicUnderground316
Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on December 28, 2013, 08:53:58 PM


Captain Skeleton is about to be my first Dry release. Any last pointers or suggestions? Also, would any of you have the time to take in-game pics for me?  :falcon:

 

Awesome concept but the these arms and legs bones don't seems to match that ribcage at all.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 29, 2013, 01:21:02 AM
This poncho keeps pissing me off.
Poor SMF1, he doesnt remember about the KataPad01N bones