Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 ... 1331
Author Topic: WIP Workshop  (Read 4663545 times)
ShadowLuigi~NG~
Lol Kitten

I make mods and mod accessories

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Panic! Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12450 on: December 28, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »

Vertices don't matter, StupidMarioFan.

It's usually the Face count. Recommend ranges for high poly models are about 10,000 to 15,000. You'll begin to see lag with 16,000 faces.

Can it also be the face limits to certain character models and polygon count? Base Charizard has 2,936 faces while my Skeletal Charizard had 10,940 faces before optimization. The minute 3 characters were on the field, lag would commence. 

Post Merge: December 28, 2013, 10:54:25 AM

A few vertex changes to my Wii U Luigi, who was just a texture hack, to look closer to the Smash 4 version. Still not done as there are a few fixes I must do.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:54:25 AM by ShadowLuigi-NG- » Logged

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

Not as active as I used to be.

• Awards Star Hacker RAGE!! Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #12451 on: December 28, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »

Actually I think he wasn't that fat, all I did was just make him taller. The original model didn't have him with a huge belly or anything like that. xD
    So more rigging done.

The right should isn't finished yet, and neither is the poncho (or atleast that was the name the original model had), then unfortunately his mouth will not open for us nor will he blink for us because Ganondorf uses shp0 which is how he talks and opens his mouth without a MouthN bone. He uses extra vertex sets or something....here's a few pics to show what I mean.

Not sure if we're able o add those yet, and if so it's best to keep the lower poly count, and I already deleted the teeth objects which both had a lot of polys. Course I can still get them back since I still have the original model.
    So the face count is:
    Yah I'll go look at how to optimize the model. Tongue Well I guess I'll look and see what TurboSmooth does to the rig. Better not have to redo the whole or most of the rig. Mario Facepalm

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12452 on: December 28, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »

Give the King some legs.

The lack of legs will be really noticeable when using leg attacks.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #12453 on: December 28, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »

Not if the robe's bottom is see through. Really I just need to get the feet the right size so it doesn't look like it's just a disconnected foot, and yet not clip through the robe. I know some characters like Peach do this be default but it still bugs me. Probably need to mess around a little more with the robe rigging.

I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12454 on: December 28, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

I hope you used the wield already :v and yes, using Ganon's default hands is a good idea because it's a character with not visible wrists, even though using the model's hands can save you some file size due to the textures count.
    This.
    Actually I think he wasn't that fat, all I did was just make him taller. The original model didn't have him with a huge belly or anything like that. xD
    So more rigging done.

The right should isn't finished yet, and neither is the poncho (or atleast that was the name the original model had), then unfortunately his mouth will not open for us nor will he blink for us because Ganondorf uses shp0 which is how he talks and opens his mouth without a MouthN bone. He uses extra vertex sets or something....here's a few pics to show what I mean.

Not sure if we're able o add those yet, and if so it's best to keep the lower poly count, and I already deleted the teeth objects which both had a lot of polys. Course I can still get them back since I still have the original model.
    So the face count is:
    Yah I'll go look at how to optimize the model. Tongue Well I guess I'll look and see what TurboSmooth does to the rig. Better not have to redo the whole or most of the rig. Mario Facepalm

Use ganondorfs hands, but assign them the same material as the kings hands. Then apply an unwrap uvw modifier to the hands and click "edit parameters". From the drop down menu, display the kings hand texture. Then just move ganondorfs hand UVs over the kings hand texture. That will save you the trouble of a separate material and texture for his hands.

As for the shp0 expressions, you would have to create them in max using his original head as a base(just don't change the number of verts from your original face model.) Once you import him into brawl box, you can delete the objects, but when it asks you if you want to also delete the vertex set, say no. Then go to all of your different face vertex sets, and rename them exactly as they are in ganondorfs original file. If you've done it correctly, then the new shp0 expressions should work, though I will say, I have run into problems where just one of them doesn't work right no matter what. If that's the case, just get rid of that vertex set.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #12455 on: December 28, 2013, 12:45:50 PM »

I am using Ganondorf's hands, and will remap them when I begin making the actual textures because correctly they just have 32x32 solid colors for placeholders so he isn't grey in BrawlBox. And that's how you get shp0? Well, better import the teeth back in and try this out. Thank you in advance if it does work.
    @Captain Dubstep Actually it wouldn't save file size because the original hands were way higher in poly count than Ganondorf's, plus like Tormod said, I can just remap the hands which is what I planned on doing.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #12456 on: December 28, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »

Captain Skeleton is about to be my first Dry release. Any last pointers or suggestions? Also, would any of you have the time to take in-game pics for me? 

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #12457 on: December 28, 2013, 01:55:54 PM »

Any ideas on how to rig the Poncho? The arms keep clipping through it, and when rig it to the shoulders it doesn't look great, and when I rig it to the shoulder pad thing-ys it still doesn't look good. Should I leave it like this? Oh shi~

@ShadowLuigi-NG- I could take ingame pics for yah.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12458 on: December 28, 2013, 01:59:57 PM »

You could use skin wrap to get a starting point, and tweak from there.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #12459 on: December 28, 2013, 02:02:36 PM »

Any ideas on how to rig the Poncho? The arms keep clipping through it, and when rig it to the shoulders it doesn't look great, and when I rig it to the shoulder pad thing-ys it still doesn't look good. Should I leave it like this? Oh shi~

Try a mixture of ShoulderN and ShoulderJ on each arm with the ratio of ShoulderJ being higher. The poncho should fit and wouldn't look too wrong when his arms are raised. Also, thanks, I'll message the files to you.

StupidMarioFan1
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #12460 on: December 28, 2013, 02:06:38 PM »

I think part of the prob is that I wanted the back to be rigged to the cape bones, but that keeps messing with the other parts of the thing's rig...well maybe I can get it to work. I'll restart on it's rig since it is a small object and see what I come up with.

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12461 on: December 28, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »

I think part of the prob is that I wanted the back to be rigged to the cape bones, but that keeps messing with the other parts of the thing's rig...well maybe I can get it to work. I'll restart on it's rig since it is a small object and see what I come up with.
    If it is a separate object, try "skin wrap" modifier, It'll give you a decent starting point. If you are lucky it may even do the work for you.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12462 on: December 28, 2013, 02:34:14 PM »

Captain Skeleton is about to be my first Dry release. Any last pointers or suggestions? Also, would any of you have the time to take in-game pics for me? 

i can get some dolphin pics.

ShadowLuigi~NG~
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #12463 on: December 28, 2013, 03:59:26 PM »

i can get some dolphin pics.

It's cool, MarioFan had already offered, thanks though.

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12464 on: December 28, 2013, 05:55:39 PM »

Aye, you'll need a mixture. If you don't know how to skin wrap, just give the shoulder pads enough influence from the shoulderJ bone until they don't clip.

As for that dry captain falcon, he looks awesome! Nice work. It would be a cool touch if he had some tattered remnants of his leather clothes too. Like that dry Luigi's jeans.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Pages:  1 ... 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 ... 1331
    Print
    Jump to: