WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Chaos_Knight on December 30, 2013, 03:35:10 AM
Why else would that picture be here?

Hahah im just expressing my happiness :P

I'm also waiting intently for a better Fusion Zerosuit samus as well as some better Samus models (dark samus, light suit samus, fusion suit samus etc).

Oh and of course Fierce Diety Link. I've been waiting for that forever!

Not sure if Nano is still working on his Charizard Y.



not bad, but the wings, arms and lower jaw still need to be properly done

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Now my desire of having all the Kongs over DK will sucessfully become true e u e
(I made diddy over DK so yeah)

December 30, 2013, 08:47:01 PM #12499 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:55:02 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Still a lot of work to do with normals and then resizing/vertexing and then rigging and testing, but I have two theories about this model.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 30, 2013, 08:47:01 PM
Still a lot of work to do with normals and then resizing/vertexing and then rigging and testing, but I have two theories about this model.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Normals... DJLowgey always spoke about them when having an MKWii rig to have the ref of in game characters. I have no idea on how to go about editing normals, are you willing to help? Also, how do you make such good Bowser rigs like Galaxy? My Mecha....well his shell is the largest problem and I don't even want to speak about Haxorus and Krookodile. Well, I lean towards the third option that Mario was going to be playable, but to make sense of the story, he was trapped before hand into the painting meaning he met with Professor E. before Luigi. Now, that could have been the Beta story


Oh wait of course! Before Luigi's Mansion because Luigi's Mansion, it was about Mario in some Japanese house, maybe the model was left over from that.
Now Nanobuds helped me on the rig for Galaxy Bowser (which both of us are planning to update the rig and make it not lag as much), for Mecha Bowser, I'd say to rig the Shell just to the WaistN bone, or one half to the WaistN and the other have to the BustN if he has two parts, it's how I did my SM64 Bowser since in that game their bodies didn't bend, I just had his shell rigged to the WaistN bone and it looks fine in most animations.
Also finished fixing the normals and adding the textures...or atleast half of the textures since there's a max of 24 texture slots for my 3ds Max, so I'll need to make more material files in the .pac and .pcs. :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

the easy way to fix the normals is

1# rig the model to one bone

2# export it from 3ds max

3# import it into brawlbox

4# export it from brawlbox

5# import it into 3ds max

then you can start rigging the model to a bone tree

Well it wasn't hard, just took a little bit of time, but that doesn't always work, plus I'm done with the normals and just need to fit the bones and then rig.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

yes, more of those
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I thought I was finished, I guess not. lol No and not's the stage's fault.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

What if you put the Poltergust over FLUDD?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


December 31, 2013, 05:24:38 AM #12507 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:45:57 PM by StupidMarioFan1
That is an interesting idea, course that would require bone edits to avoid it looking more sloppy than it is now...okay let me rephrase that only the straps look a little sloppy, but I could get that to work, yah and have it shoot water out of the thing. Actually I'd rather save that for a tiny PSA and like port Luigi over Mario again for it so I could have better animations for Mario and have the Poltergust always out.
So yah it turns out it wasn't an error in the rig, that one face was backwards and it looks correct in 3ds Max so I just set the cull to none for that polygon. Also this guy is practically done, just one or two things left before release.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 31, 2013, 05:24:38 AM
That is an interesting idea, course that would require bone edits to avoid it looking more sloppy than it is now...okay let me rephrase that only the straps look a little sloppy, but I could get that to work, yah and have it shoot water out of the thing. Actually I'd rather save that for a tiny PSA and like port Luigi over Mario again for it so I could have better animations for Mario and have the Poltergust always out.

Post Merge: December 31, 2013, 06:41:48 AM

A little teaser since I realized that I missed a hole in the rig and have to fix the rig, then go through the horrible process of adding in 15 to 20 more materials because I don't want to remap and plus they're small textures so file size isn't an issue, which takes like 20 to 30 minutes. *facepalm*

Incase you're wondering where the hole is.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This may or may not be my New Years hack, depending on when The King is finished.

:srs:


December 31, 2013, 09:46:03 PM #12509 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:56:07 PM by Flygon
Quote from: Captain Pillow on December 31, 2013, 01:22:47 AM
yes, more of those
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Awesome!
I can make brawl (aka dull and pseudo-detailed) textures if you wish.

Oh yeah, I'm not death just sick :P

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Gotta love them normals.
Rig is almost done, just needs tweaks on the shoulders, dress and neck, plus hands of course. Goes over samus and I'll null the normals in-game.
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com