WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

im still fine with wolf; i just like different movesets

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

February 15, 2014, 01:17:14 AM #13171 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:20:11 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on February 15, 2014, 01:16:23 AM
im still fine with wolf; i just like different movesets

Whoops, I got ninja'd after I sent the PM, my bad :laugh: But yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do.  I pick certain skeletons for the sake of making a good match with the model when I rig, but that's just me.

You could either use bone edits, Rig head only to the first neck bone, or leave it rigged to bust N.

February 15, 2014, 01:28:23 AM #13173 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:30:07 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Iwvi on February 15, 2014, 01:23:36 AM
You could either use bone edits, Rig head only to the first neck bone, or leave it rigged to bust

Never done bone edits before, and I don't want to screw around with them as there are no tutorials on doing that safely, or at all, I wouldn't know the first thing about doing it. The torso is way too short relative to the head/neck length for the model, I'd have arms poking out at weird places.  The other option, first neck bone, might be the most viable. '

So far, no one has been able to tell me what to do about the wing bones, you can't not rig them otherwise the .dae won't extract without getting an error.   What can I do about the wing bones, do I still rig them, hide them, or what?  :-\

bet buds can help you. his charmander and charmeleon hacks are pretty decent

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on February 15, 2014, 01:32:04 AM
bet buds can help you. his charmander and charmeleon hacks are pretty decent

For bone edits? I don't know how busy he is, that could be an issue. Ugh. Shows what I know about rigging lol :laugh:

Are there any videos that show the whole process of rigging?

February 15, 2014, 03:01:19 AM #13177 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:04:25 AM by Bad Box Art Mega Man
i have a wacky idea for her... diddy kong XD jk

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524


Almost done T-posing

Just gotta focus on the lower half now. Might not do Yoshi, not sure yet

February 15, 2014, 03:32:34 AM #13180 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 03:38:24 AM by Bad Box Art Mega Man
darn... but charizard could always work
EDIT:
and here's an image. i know you have them covered, but i just like adding more content.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

February 15, 2014, 04:15:28 AM #13181 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:16:24 AM by the_randomizer
I guess that Lizzie is no longer a viable candidate for hack, since we never did determine how she was to be rigged. Charizard will be a PITA due to the bone structure and where its arms are places and the splayed/spread out legs. I was told bone edits, but, I wasn't told how they are done or what that entails, hence I chose Wolf for a variety of reasons (fire breath aside). Ugh.

So bloody conflicted about the whole idea now.

if only you knew DK better. she could work well on him

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

February 15, 2014, 04:34:09 AM #13183 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:38:59 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on February 15, 2014, 04:27:35 AM
if only you knew DK better. she could work well on him

Which I don't unfortunately, I don't know if his skeletal structure would be worse or better than Charizard's when it comes to lining up the model and rigging in general....sorry I'm not that good :(

I reiterate the point that Wolf's skeleton matches the model more naturally, but I digress  ;D


i completely forgot about the arm rigging in terms of charizard. like i said, i'd still take her over wolf. im only one person with opinions; what others think is also important

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524