WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 25, 2014, 02:52:31 AM #14460 Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:57:51 AM by Kyouma
Quote from: Tidus on May 25, 2014, 02:36:43 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Optimized at 50%

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Optimized at 25% (so that'd be 75% reduction iirc)

Going to bump it up (or down) to 35% and then see what I can do from there.




hey, the vertices count is 4, 447; thats an ok size though
be worried if it was 8000+ :v

for example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


this thing not crashing because of filesize is an actual miracle

in your case; you could try to separate parts of the body into more pieces and pro optimize each one; one by one to their limit good looking size, thats what I do on these cases; for example, we can see the arms are the most affected part, separate them and optimize the rest then

What would be an acceptable poly/vertex count for the model?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If I remember correctly, the in game lag begins after the 7000+



This is the closest I got with vertex welding all the different body parts/objects before it started to look like a complete mess.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Kyouma on May 25, 2014, 03:25:48 AM
If I remember correctly, the in game lag begins after the 7000+
yeah, that's probably a pretty safe amount of polys, I've heard 10,000+ as well though.

Quote from: Velen on May 25, 2014, 02:23:44 AM
I'm not gonna comment on that Protoman...
A little harsh, aren't we?
Quote from: Tidus on May 25, 2014, 01:57:16 AM
So I finished up Dark Link and I now finished this:



Upside - It's mostly rigged. Needs leg improvements

Downside - too [censored]ing high poly

Another downside - I tried using Tri-stripper and it did nothing. So it's either that o rme

Yet another downside - ProOptimizer doesn't do enough

:notimp:
Protoman.exe?
Nice.
Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on May 24, 2014, 10:54:50 PM


Colors and textures are subject to change. On the final 2 bosses of this game and I just love the design of these guys. I also plan to make the other one as well.
[censored] YES.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: Kyouma on May 24, 2014, 11:32:49 PM
Well, youre a game and Im a weaboo, we dont see this stuff the same way indeed
I guess so.
Quote from: br3compactor on May 24, 2014, 10:19:17 PM
Segtendo-chan baka dayo desu~~~
Sorry Seg, I had to xD
wat
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Tidus on May 25, 2014, 03:31:11 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


This is the closest I got with vertex welding all the different body parts/objects before it started to look like a complete mess.
a complete mess? well, pro optimizing by different objects can cause problems in the normals, you only have to fix the normals

About that protoman, when looked at from the front, his head looks rather odd. I'm not sure if it is the shape or the thin neck, but something is not right with his head. Other than that it looks good. Also, manually optimizing can get really good results. If time is an issue, carefully using the pro-optimizer can be good. Try optimizing different parts separately.



My 1st custom model!!! Good beginning for a beginner. Done his shoes and pants without much problems. Just need to add some more vertices before continuing or rigging might be very hard... Can anyone guess who's gonna be done?  :af2:
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: Tidus on May 25, 2014, 03:31:11 AM


This is the closest I got with vertex welding all the different body parts/objects before it started to look like a complete mess.
For dat Proto', I would suggest to use maybe few part from a model that isn't as high-poly, my idea would be to use the model from the port of MMBN5 on NDS, but when I tried to rip it, most of it had vertex deformation... (Body, head, hair), but I dunno, maybe you'd be interested in the model ?



His body is all done, exept for the head and his @£$%* of helmet  :>.>palm:   Yep, that IS a Wiimote in his hand, maybe I am giving too many clues about who he is  :af: I mean, WHO would use a Wiimote to slam people with if he was in any Smash series...?
I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! :(

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on May 25, 2014, 09:01:57 AM


His body is all done, exept for the head and his @£$%* of helmet  :>.>palm:   Yep, that IS a Wiimote in his hand, maybe I am giving too many clues about who he is  :af: I mean, WHO would use a Wiimote to slam people with if he was in any Smash series...?
Batman!?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Segtendo on May 25, 2014, 05:19:49 AM
wat

You shall not escape the loli waifus


[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]