WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

June 27, 2014, 06:07:54 PM #15090 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:16:22 PM by the_randomizer
Heh, this model is a tricky bugger to rig properly :laugh: But, I'm getting there!



Despite the somewhat high polygon count, loads in-game just fine  ;D

June 27, 2014, 06:38:06 PM #15091 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:52:26 PM by ShadowLuigi-NG-
Quote from: the_randomizer on June 27, 2014, 06:07:54 PM
Heh, this model is a tricky bugger to rig properly :laugh: But, I'm getting there!
[spoiler]


Despite the somewhat high polygon count, loads in-game just fine  ;D

Renamon over Peach? Pretty interesting. I think she would also fit over Sheik too.

Meowser in-game

[spoiler]

This is before I will add the spec map.

More Bowsuh

[spoiler]


Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on June 27, 2014, 06:38:06 PM
Renamon over Peach? Pretty interesting. I think she would also fit over Sheik too.

Meowser in-game

[spoiler]

This is before I will add the spec map.

Either one works I believe, Peach's bones are a little easier to rig ;) :P Hence why I chose her over Sheik, but I can definitely rig over too.  Way  more familiar with Peach's skeletal structure and vertices lol.

Quote from: the_randomizer on June 27, 2014, 07:31:12 PM
Either one works I believe, Peach's bones are a little easier to rig ;) :P Hence why I chose her over Sheik, but I can definitely rig over too.  Way  more familiar with Peach's skeletal structure and vertices lol.

Keep up the good work!


Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on June 27, 2014, 07:53:58 PM
Keep up the good work!

Thanks, and likewise, that Meowser hack looks awesome!

i always thought renamon should go over lucario, but sheik seems like a nice choice as well, i can't really think of a good reason to put her on peach though tbh...

looking great nonetheless though :D

June 27, 2014, 08:11:17 PM #15096 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:21:21 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on June 27, 2014, 08:06:32 PM
i always thought renamon should go over lucario, but sheik seems like a nice choice as well, i can't really think of a good reason to put her on peach though tbh...

looking great nonetheless though :D

There is already this particular hack on Lucario (last year some time in fact), in fact I asked the original person who imported her over over Lucario for permission ( think his name is  D 3/\/\ 0 /\/  "Demon") or something like it), plus, I want to get better at rigging complex models over characters and choice. Odd choice, I know, and I probably look silly for doing so, but you know me, I do foolish things with character hacks :laugh: Yeah...on second thought....might not be a good idea to port her over Peach after all... All I have are lame excuses really.

To challenge myself to get better at rigging....?

I'm not terribly familiar with her bones and animations or that good porting characters over Sheik and well...

Looks great and all in BB,

Then this s*** happens!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'll try again in an hour or so because I've been trying to solve this for over an hour.
Never happened to me before, if I can't fix it today, I'm just going to have to settle with blaming 0.71. I'd import with 0.68d except this Windows 8 doesn't like it when 0.68d tries to import a dae because it makes the program give me a stupid error message. This never happened to me before with characters, and the two other times I made a stage it was before 0.71.
I still have to make the sky but I want to solve this problem first and just get it out of the way before doing the sky because that one I have to make the textures for.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on June 27, 2014, 06:38:06 PM
Renamon over Peach? Pretty interesting. I think she would also fit over Sheik too.

Meowser in-game

[spoiler]

This is before I will add the spec map.

More Bowsuh

[spoiler]


Doesn't Meowser have cat paws?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 28, 2014, 03:47:59 AM
Doesn't Meowser have cat paws?
It looks like a retexture for the hands.....currently? You could make big fat (and fluffy) hands and just not rig them or something since the cat paws didn't really move in 3D World so you could get away with it.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on June 28, 2014, 03:49:50 AM
It looks like a retexture for the hands.....currently? You could make big fat (and fluffy) hands and just not rig them or something since the cat paws didn't really move in 3D World so you could get away with it.

Yes, I double-checked. Meowser has paws, not Bowser's appendages. And they do move. Just not the "fingers"

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on June 28, 2014, 03:59:45 AM
Yes, I double-checked. Meowser has paws, not Bowser's appendages. And they do move. Just not the "fingers"
I meant ShadowLuigi's model, his is just retextured fingers, and I was saying that he could make big and bushy paws. If the paws do move they're not as noticeable because they'd big and bushy...hmm...maybe Bowser's is the only who has moving paws because he tends to be the only one with rigged fingers, all the other characters see to get either one set of hands or multiple hands (closed, open, holding something, etc). It happens in most of the Super and New Super Mario games. Not sure if lazy or just saving on memory when Nintendo does that. I know they were lazy with Playable Luigi in the Galaxy games, put his head on a green Mario while the one you talk to is taller.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

June 28, 2014, 06:59:09 AM #15102 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:12:01 AM by ShadowLuigi-NG-


Okay, I'll be honest. I've never played 3D World, I want to, and I never got to see Meowser's paws in google searches until looking more into the search. I knew I felt something was a bit off. I'll be sure to do that and give him a tail. Maybe Diddy's tail since monkeys and tom cats have similar tails anyway.

[spoiler]


I knew this head I ripped from MKWii would come in handy someday.


Getting super close to being done, doesn't look as bad as I thought it would :laugh:



The right foot needs some work to stop it from sinking. otherwise, it's not half bad ;D

this actually looks really good, mind showing some pics of her in some of peach' "weird" poses?