WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Looking forward to Darunia and Robin. Here is what I've been working on recently:
Carol Tea from a game called Freedom Planet (over Fox or Wolf). Enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would, might make a few more characters from this game later.

Speaking of Robin


Robin still needs some more modeling and texturing (and I also have to make his Levin sword still).

Hmm... Cool model! Looking forward to see it in action! (along with the female Robin :v)
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.


Quote from: Esdese/S3 on July 30, 2014, 12:27:03 AM
Hmm... Cool model! Looking forward to see it in action! (along with the female Robin :v)
Thanks, I'm not sure if I will do a female Robin though, maybe just because the two are similar I might, but I wasn't really planning on it.

Quote from: russmarrs2 on July 29, 2014, 08:36:32 PM
Speaking of Robin


Robin still needs some more modeling and texturing (and I also have to make his Levin sword still).
Why don't you just collaborate with the person who already made a levin sword?

I get that everyone likes making their own versions of things, but it always feels like a competition here of people trying to make the best model. There's so much talent that could be used better via collaboration D:


Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on July 30, 2014, 01:14:34 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

do you mind sending me that model? I wanna make it over samus too

Quote from: Riddler on July 30, 2014, 03:19:27 AM
Why don't you just collaborate with the person who already made a levin sword?

I get that everyone likes making their own versions of things, but it always feels like a competition here of people trying to make the best model. There's so much talent that could be used better via collaboration D:
lol, I'm not trying to compete, I just feel so much more proud of a model/mod I make knowing that I did it all myself :)

Quote from: Riddler on July 30, 2014, 03:19:27 AM
Why don't you just collaborate with the person who already made a levin sword?

I get that everyone likes making their own versions of things, but it always feels like a competition here of people trying to make the best model. There's so much talent that could be used better via collaboration D:

For there to be improvement, there must be competition. Personally, I say they should do their own thing. If one sees something the other did better, that person can work to do even better, and so on. Competition is healthy, when executed properly.


Quote from: ν•˜μ„Έμš” on July 30, 2014, 03:49:52 AM
For there to be improvement, there must be competition. Personally, I say they should do their own thing. If one sees something the other did better, that person can work to do even better, and so on. Competition is healthy, when executed properly.

lol that post gets so much more powerful thnks to your avatar xD

August 01, 2014, 06:54:24 AM #15730 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:58:56 PM by the_randomizer
Okay, really random question. So, I found this awesome custom-made model of Krystal a dude from Deviant Art made, which is freely available for anyone who wants to use it. It's in .dae format sound it loads into 3DS Max just fine (mostly used for programs like Poser and DAZ Studio). The only problem is the poly count is an anomaly, it's higher than what Brawl supports (which I believe Brawl can in theory support up to 20,000 or so before you experience crazy lag).




This is definitely a WIP, I need to find a way to reduce the poly count, possibly if I could remove her armor?  I'd love to be able to import this.


Most models made for posing programs are made with a bad topology, wasting lots and lots of polys. The models may be good and resemble the source material a lot, but they tend to not be optimal. You could try to optimize it yourself, or do as Kyouma and prooptimize it piece by piece to get the most without deforming it.

August 01, 2014, 07:08:25 AM #15732 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:09:25 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Iwvi on August 01, 2014, 07:07:13 AM
Most models made for posing programs are made with a bad topology, wasting lots and lots of polys. The models may be good and resemble the source material a lot, but they tend to not be optimal. You could try to optimize it yourself, or do as Kyouma and prooptimize it piece by piece to get the most without deforming it.

So, it is theoretically possible to get this working in Brawl, albeit with some trickery?  Would I need outside help to accomplish this? I mean, the model very well could be too far gone/impossible to optimize, but I should at least give it a shot.

the_randomizer,will be on Fox?? Might improve did you do that a while ago

Oh god it's that Krystal again.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302