WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 01, 2014, 08:17:02 AM
Well ain't that a swift proverbial kick to the crotch.  I must thank you for the feedback.  r) I'll be certain to not upload WIPs that you disapprove of.  r)

You misunderstand.

It's not the fact it's Krystal that I disapprove of. It's the particular model you found. I've seen a lot of it around Furaffinity and DeviantART and suffice to say, for me it has a rather unsettling uncanny valley to it.

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself, it's late.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 01, 2014, 08:17:02 AMWell ain't that a swift proverbial kick to the crotch.  I must thank you for the feedback.  r) I'll be certain to not upload WIPs that you disapprove of.  r)
"Wahh. Wahh. Somebody doesn't like this model. I better not upload it just because some people don't like what they see. Wahh Wahh. :'("

Oh get over yourself. You're way too sensitive.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

August 01, 2014, 03:04:20 PM #15737 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:18:55 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Velen on August 01, 2014, 08:35:13 AM
You misunderstand.

It's not the fact it's Krystal that I disapprove of. It's the particular model you found. I've seen a lot of it around Furaffinity and DeviantART and suffice to say, for me it has a rather unsettling uncanny valley to it.

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself, it's late.

Eh, it happens. And you're right, the model does have a certain *ahem* notoriety that's tied to it. The fact that it's also super high poly makes it harder to work with. What I wish I could do is take the exist Krystal from Star Fox Adventure and somehow at least improve the textures. ;D

Quote from: KingOfChaos on August 01, 2014, 02:55:10 PM
"Wahh. Wahh. Somebody doesn't like this model. I better not upload it just because some people don't like what they see. Wahh Wahh. :'("

Oh get over yourself. You're way too sensitive.
learn from me, I have no shame at all(?)
Quote from: Gamidame_K on July 28, 2014, 05:42:04 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

plus that new krystal model is pretty yum (not into furry tho)

Quote from: Gamidame_K on August 01, 2014, 03:59:14 PM
learn from me, I have no shame at all(?)plus that new krystal model is pretty yum (not into furry tho)

As much as I'd love to use that model, it's not feasible, the polygon count is about five times the limit the game can handle. Even when optimized, it still way too high, so no chance in hell for me using that model :laugh: But that Peach model.....me gusta....

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 01, 2014, 04:27:12 PM
As much as I'd love to use that model, it's not feasible, the polygon count is about five times the limit the game can handle. Even when optimized, it still way too high, so no chance in hell for me using that model :laugh: But that Peach model.....me gusta....
Your Friendly Neighborhood Tristripper can help, dog. (Maybe.)

Quote from: TheSoraKid on August 01, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Your Friendly Neighborhood Tristripper can help, dog. (Maybe.)

In my past experiences, it doesn't do much to the extremely high poly models.

Then again, I could have been doing it extremely wrong.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 01, 2014, 05:24:57 PM #15742 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:27:19 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: TheSoraKid on August 01, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Your Friendly Neighborhood Tristripper can help, dog. (Maybe.)

If you want to take a look at it, that's fine, I can send it your way if you want to take a crack at it ;D

Quote from: Captain Falcon on August 01, 2014, 05:14:42 PM
In my past experiences, it doesn't do much to the extremely high poly models.

Then again, I could have been doing it extremely wrong.

Funny thing is, I got the poly count to around 65,000, which is a far cry from its originally-ridiculously-higher count of 150,000  r) A model custom-made for Brawl of Krystal would be awesome, but unfortunately, I lack the skill set to make models from scratch. The Star Fox Adventures model is all well and good, but the textures aren't that great.

Yah  Deviant Art modelers tend to make their models too f-ing high poly to be used in anything except a 3ds modeling program without lots of work. Second most popular is SFM models which aren't too bad but they're still a bit high poly compared to Brawl, the only advantage I see to them being so high poly is that they look as round as they can possibly be, but that's not a practical reason for over 100,000 vertices. :notimp:
So do you have the Stair Fax Temperatures model? (Couldn't help using that JonTron reference lol) I mean if you do, then you could ask someone in the Help thread to remap a better texture for you, just a suggestion.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 01, 2014, 05:50:33 PM
Yah  Deviant Art modelers tend to make their models too f-ing high poly to be used in anything except a 3ds modeling program without lots of work. Second most popular is SFM models which aren't too bad but they're still a bit high poly compared to Brawl, the only advantage I see to them being so high poly is that they look as round as they can possibly be, but that's not a practical reason for over 100,000 vertices. :notimp:
So do you have the Stair Fax Temperatures model? (Couldn't help using that JonTron reference lol) I mean if you do, then you could ask someone in the Help thread to remap a better texture for you, just a suggestion.

Most all of MikuMikuDance models has les polygons than Brawl models, doing them able to be used in brawl hack.

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 01, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
If you want to take a look at it, that's fine, I can send it your way if you want to take a crack at it ;D
I didn't say for you to send it over to me, I said you to try and use the Tristripper program to reduce the poly count so that it'll lag less than it should.
If you want to know how to do it, then download the latest Brawlbox v0.73 and follow this tutorial.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65007.0

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 01, 2014, 05:50:33 PM
Yah  Deviant Art modelers tend to make their models too f-ing high poly to be used in anything except a 3ds modeling program without lots of work. Second most popular is SFM models which aren't too bad but they're still a bit high poly compared to Brawl, the only advantage I see to them being so high poly is that they look as round as they can possibly be, but that's not a practical reason for over 100,000 vertices. :notimp:
So do you have the Stair Fax Temperatures model? (Couldn't help using that JonTron reference lol) I mean if you do, then you could ask someone in the Help thread to remap a better texture for you, just a suggestion.
I recommend you use the Tristripper as well when you model import. ;)

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 01, 2014, 05:24:57 PM
If you want to take a look at it, that's fine, I can send it your way if you want to take a crack at it ;D

Funny thing is, I got the poly count to around 65,000, which is a far cry from its originally-ridiculously-higher count of 150,000  r) A model custom-made for Brawl of Krystal would be awesome, but unfortunately, I lack the skill set to make models from scratch. The Star Fox Adventures model is all well and good, but the textures aren't that great.

My suggestion: Look up and follow some tutorials on modeling for 3DS Max. You'll learn the skill set needed fairly quickly.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 01, 2014, 05:50:33 PM
Yah  Deviant Art modelers tend to make their models too f-ing high poly to be used in anything except a 3ds modeling program without lots of work. Second most popular is SFM models which aren't too bad but they're still a bit high poly compared to Brawl, the only advantage I see to them being so high poly is that they look as round as they can possibly be, but that's not a practical reason for over 100,000 vertices. :notimp:
So do you have the Stair Fax Temperatures model? (Couldn't help using that JonTron reference lol) I mean if you do, then you could ask someone in the Help thread to remap a better texture for you, just a suggestion.

JonTron's hilarious :laugh: Yeah, I doubt the DAZ/Poser model isn't salvageable.  An artist named little_dragon made the model from scratch, I guess I could always ask him what he can do, but I doubt he can do much to optimize it. The SFA model I have lying around, and the textures too, and they could use some work, like, a lot of work. Ugh..stupid high poly model.

August 01, 2014, 07:35:13 PM #15748 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:38:59 PM by Gamidame_K
Quote from: Ashley and Red on August 01, 2014, 05:54:35 PM
Most all of MikuMikuDance models has les polygons than Brawl models, doing them able to be used in brawl hack.
its backwards

Post Merge: August 01, 2014, 07:38:59 PM

actually, 90% of MMD models has at least (and I mean a very small number in general) 20 000 vertices in total

Uhm, so the Mario MMD models have less polys... :P