WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on August 19, 2014, 03:17:00 AM
Leaving this here, for those who don't know what the grey shape is behind him, it's a certain punching bag, and don't worry, it's not in the actual import, left it there in this pic so you guys will understand what this little item hack is. 8)

Also rig is stupid and lazy so his face stretches when punched, it's not bizarre or anything, but to be fair, only 3 bones that are almost ontop of each other, would have to do major bone editing to get a serious rig out of this guy. ;)


Now I can finally punch that darned owl after all of his nonstop talking in Ocarina of Time.

Quote from: superWaluigiSnarf on August 19, 2014, 09:41:14 PM
Now I can finally punch that darned owl after all of his nonstop talking in Ocarina of Time.
Exactly the reaction I wanted from this. :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 19, 2014, 06:40:39 PM
Here's a model you don't run across everyday:



I rarely work with Falco models, so here goes! ;D

Damn that's awesome man ! First time i saw that model out of Starfox Adventure. you most be the first one who ripped it.
お前はもう死んでいる。

Quote from: the_randomizer on August 19, 2014, 06:40:39 PM
Here's a model you don't run across everyday:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I rarely work with Falco models, so here goes! ;D
amazing model; who's he over?

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quick question, size mods desync wifi correct? Because of the renamed bone? Because it doesn't actually effect the hitboxes if I remember correctly, right?
I'm asking so I know how I'm going to be doing Child Malon here.

Instead of the bucket of food that she has as an adult, she has a bottle of fresh Lon Lon Milk. ;)
Also already made her recolors, they're the same as her adult recolors, you know, for consistency. lol
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

I dont promess finishing this soon; Im busy at school so ill just work on it for like 30 minutes periods when I have no homuwork
Gingishi's Remilia model is beautiful

Quote from: SonicUnderground316 on August 20, 2014, 03:36:51 AM
Damn that's awesome man ! First time i saw that model out of Starfox Adventure. you most be the first one who ripped it.

I didn't rip it, but was on a site with free models for download, I have the link saved so I give the dude who extracted it credit, but I so want to rig is ;D

A well done sizemod, shouldn't affect hitboxes. It'll as you said desync wi-fi.

Quote from: Iwvi on August 20, 2014, 05:25:26 AM
A well done sizemod, shouldn't affect hitboxes. It'll as you said desync wi-fi.
Alrighty, that's what I figured but I wanted to make sure so I didn't make four versions instead of two because I wanted to make bone edits to make the hair rig better, so I guess that'll just be with the size mod, and then wifi one will not only have a huge Child Malon, but also hair rig won't be as great due to where it is in relation to her hair bones.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on August 20, 2014, 03:45:38 AM
amazing model; who's he over?

Falco in his normal form, I personally am not a big fan of the Brawl design, notably his hands/fingers, they just look to weird to me lol.

Quote from: Iwvi on August 20, 2014, 05:25:26 AM
A well done sizemod, shouldn't affect hitboxes. It'll as you said desync wi-fi.
that sentence is a contradiction in itself...

if you size-mod a character, the hitboxes will adapt to it's new size, meaning that they will act different from a default costume, when playing online or reading replays, the game reads inputs, so if you take the modded costume away, the replay has certain inputs, that wouldn't work with a normal costume, and thus it desyncs, same on wifi, only that it's right away, because the other player's game is reading your input while it doesn't know that your character is a different size.

now, if you mean it'll mess up the hitboxes, as in, they'll be all over the place, then nah, it shouldn't happen as long as you leave the bone indexes untouched.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on August 20, 2014, 09:01:19 AM
It is MY job to port this model due to the fact that I reserved it from StupidMarioFan1.

lol

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on August 20, 2014, 08:37:20 AM
that sentence is a contradiction in itself...

if you size-mod a character, the hitboxes will adapt to it's new size, meaning that they will act different from a default costume, when playing online or reading replays, the game reads inputs, so if you take the modded costume away, the replay has certain inputs, that wouldn't work with a normal costume, and thus it desyncs, same on wifi, only that it's right away, because the other player's game is reading your input while it doesn't know that your character is a different size.

now, if you mean it'll mess up the hitboxes, as in, they'll be all over the place, then nah, it shouldn't happen as long as you leave the bone indexes untouched.

Don't do bone mods. Some bones are used for more than one thing. More often than not, bone mods of some characters tend to mess with certain bones they shouldn't which can cause glitches with not only the camera(One of the RotNs are used for camera stuff), but collision detection as well(Yes the game uses specific bones for that and messing with those or their parents is never a good idea).

I remember deleting a certain very popular size mod of D3 long ago because his collision detection was bugging out with that skin, causing warping and sudden SDs from said warping.

Quote from: TokoyamiTheDark on August 20, 2014, 09:01:19 AM
It is MY job to port this model due to the fact that I reserved it from StupidMarioFan1.
This made me laugh. A little. Kinda.