WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on September 13, 2014, 03:00:59 AM
looks fine to me. he has the main noticeable detail (scales)
Stomach looks fine to me, but the pants do look out of place compared to the scales, depending on if it's a solid texture (probably is) and how the pants are mapped, could use an existing pants texture like Ness's pants or Luigi's overalls.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now in Both varieties!
*R.O.B.'s ACTUAL SSB4 grey color is 2bloo4me*

September 13, 2014, 04:19:55 AM #16247 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:22:14 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on September 13, 2014, 03:05:29 AM
Stomach looks fine to me, but the pants do look out of place compared to the scales, depending on if it's a solid texture (probably is) and how the pants are mapped, could use an existing pants texture like Ness's pants or Luigi's overalls.

Yeah, the textures I've used on King K. Rool and Kalypso, but the pants do need a better texture. Hopefully, I can find something decent to fix it up.

Quote from: TheSoraKid on September 13, 2014, 02:59:10 AM
You should give the stomach and pants detail as well.

Well, hopefully, I can find a means of fixing it up somehow.


Edit:  A possible finalized texture for the stomach and pants, still messing around some:



Edit 2: Trying to "texturize" it a bit


Quote from: the_randomizer on September 13, 2014, 04:19:55 AM

Edit:  A possible finalized texture for the stomach and pants, still messing around some:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit 2: Trying to "texturize" it a bit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Loving those textures man! I only have complaints about the pants. You should consider taking MarioFan's advice.


Hey, Pichi Hime. Can I take it?

OMG lol, you were a few minutes too late. I just finished her texture.
[spoiler]

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on September 13, 2014, 11:34:13 AM
Loving those textures man! I only have complaints about the pants. You should consider taking MarioFan's advice.

Look closer, I used Luigi's pants texture and blended it with brown to match the color while keeping the roughness, open the images in a new tab so it shows the full res, then compare it to the original earlier in this page. Trust me, I changed the pants and yes, I did take MarioFan's advice. Look closer/zoom in, I did change the pants from the flat look to using the Luigi one but blended with the brown.

Oh, Lol, It looks pretty good, pichi ;D I'd just change her collar color.... :)

September 13, 2014, 03:00:12 PM #16253 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 04:26:20 PM by StupidMarioFan1
Not exactly sure I like the second version of the scales, love the belly & pants, maybe if you still have the previous scales, that can be an alternate version so it matches with Tabuu's K Rool?
Also, you said he was over a character with a hunched back, don't remember if you said who, so is it Wolf? That's the first character that came to mind and I know you're familiar with his bone tree after doing lots of Wolf imports.

Post Merge: September 13, 2014, 04:26:20 PM

Not done yet, but I'm pretty sure you guys can figure out what this is supposed to be (if not for some reason, just read the name of the scene, also going to make the Project M outfit)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

September 13, 2014, 05:00:05 PM #16254 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:06:54 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on September 13, 2014, 03:00:12 PM
Not exactly sure I like the second version of the scales, love the belly & pants, maybe if you still have the previous scales, that can be an alternate version so it matches with Tabuu's K Rool?
Also, you said he was over a character with a hunched back, don't remember if you said who, so is it Wolf? That's the first character that came to mind and I know you're familiar with his bone tree after doing lots of Wolf imports.

Yeah, I have the first version (the King K. Rool textures, the darker one) alongside the belly textures as well as the improved slacks textures, that I can use ;)

Edit: Here it is, the better stomach texture, as well as the improved pants (need to open image in new tab to see the full view), and the darker scale textures I've used before  ;D


Quote from: the_randomizer on September 13, 2014, 05:00:05 PM
Yeah, I have the first version (the King K. Rool textures, the darker one) alongside the belly textures as well as the improved slacks textures, that I can use ;)

Edit: Here it is, the better stomach texture, as well as the improved pants (need to open image in new tab to see the full view), and the darker scale textures I've used before  ;D


not bad

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on September 13, 2014, 05:14:05 PM
not bad

Again, bear in mind that my texture "editing" skills are sub par at best (if you can call them "skills"), that being said, I'd rather do something than keeping the super bland original textures.

Quote from: the_randomizer on September 13, 2014, 05:15:31 PM
Again, bear in mind that my texture "editing" skills are sub par at best (if you can call them "skills"), that being said, I'd rather do something than keeping the super bland original textures.

Rather good start. Now it just needs shading.

Look up Layer Masks, and try copy and pasting the brighter green parts of the scales and adding a layer style to it and mess around with it some. You won't be disappointed.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

September 13, 2014, 05:24:25 PM #16258 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 05:34:44 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Velen on September 13, 2014, 05:22:47 PM
Rather good start. Now it just needs shading.

Look up Layer Masks, and try copy and pasting the brighter green parts of the scales and adding a layer style to it and mess around with it some. You won't be disappointed.

So combine the dark and light scales into a different layers? Then mess with layers' transparency/opacity?  Could you further elaborate? This better be worth it...

Hell yah!

Now to make the P:M outfit, and then recolors. :happy:
PS: Body & Clothes textures are normalized so they rotate with the camera in-game, this is what they look like in BB.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.