WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

I DEFEAT BRAZILLIAN NIGHT

Woo! Where are you getting all these models? Are you making them yourself?


Also, I made an attempt at Oktavia's concert hall barrier in case you're interested. (You can find it in my model thread.)
Click for my stuff:


Quote from: iwantgames on September 27, 2014, 06:45:09 AM
almost done t-posing power suit samus brawl trophy. just have to fix the rubber connecting parts for the elbows, and then I gotta straighten out the hand.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
this and fusion suit are the only 2 i need.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Peardian on September 28, 2014, 02:48:24 AM
Woo! Where are you getting all these models? Are you making them yourself?
Also, I made an attempt at Oktavia's concert hall barrier in case you're interested. (You can find it in my model thread.)
I wish I was that good making custom models
actually, homuhomu78 has got for me those stage models; I know what stage youre talking about, its my current WIP btw



Hopefully my first import goes well...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I never thought I could do this, but I'm almost finished DIVA Miku. After DAYS and HOURS of work, I'm pleased with how she turned out.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I finished most of her rig, and all her expressions and FS eyes. This is the best right shoulder rig  I am humanely able to give her due to how the objects are separated. Now I just have to:

-Rig the fingers
-Add shines on clothes and boots
-Metals
-Set FS eyes and extra faces on their respective Visibility bones
-Edit the eye irises to be able to use moving eyes.
-In-game testing

you will probably have to make the other expresion faces yourself because I guess PD models has no rigged faces (you can check my tutorial to see how to make the expresions via PMD editor)

Quote from: LC-DDM on September 26, 2014, 04:16:29 PM
'better'

Wasn't aware the WIP Workshop was the new place for Mole Convention 2014.
I'm sorry, what? What is so criminal about the possibility of a fan model being better than the official? It can be done with enough work put it into it. For example: Project M's Ocarina of Time Link, that is the best model of OoT Link I've ever seen, even better than the 3ds and Melee models. Are they "Mole Convention 2014" for accomplishing such a task? Are you that [censored]ing dense?
Quote from: Miacis on December 10, 2013, 04:48:45 PM
Never underestimate the power of the ass.


Quote from: Gamidame_K on September 29, 2014, 02:57:55 AM
you will probably have to make the other expresion faces yourself because I guess PD models has no rigged faces (you can check my tutorial to see how to make the expresions via PMD editor)

It's okay, Gami, I made and vertexed them myself. ;)

And I'm having a HELL of a time rigging her fingers. Even when I rig them "properly", they stretch into spaghetti, kinda like the old Peach over Sonic moveswap. *shudders* Anyone have ideas?

I hate to partake in a conversation like this but...
Quote from: ShadowRockShoota on September 29, 2014, 03:02:35 AM
I'm sorry, what? What is so criminal about the possibility of a fan model being better than the official? It can be done with enough work put it into it. For example: Project M's Ocarina of Time Link, that is the best model of OoT Link I've ever seen, even better than the 3ds and Melee models. Are they "Mole Convention 2014" for accomplishing such a task? Are you that [censored]ing dense?
There's nothing wrong with a fan-made model being of higher quality than those used in a video game, especially if the game is on system that uses relatively low amounts of polygons. The Link example you give is true, because the original models are on the Nintendo 64 and GameCube, and the model in Ocarina of Time 3D is somewhere in between those in terms of quality.

It's also conceivable that a fan-made model could be more accurate to a video game's official artwork than a game model, especially if the game uses stylized character models or, again, low amounts of polygons. The overworld character models in X/Y have rather large heads compared to the official artwork. However, the official Yveltal model has none of these attributes. The model has more polygons than in any other previous Pokemon game, and was made by professional 3D modelers based on drawings by the official Pokemon designers themselves.

The main problem here is that the model is not more accurate than the official model. (No offense to the modeler, of course.) I pay attention to small details on things, and there are a number of points where the fan-made model deviate from the official design. To name a few: the legs bend the wrong way, the pointed marks at the base of each finger are missing, the nose is not pointed enough, and the hair is very wavy whereas the artwork has little waviness to it. I could go on, but I think you get the point. Besides the design inaccuracies, the texture is noticeably lower in resolution than the official model.

Is the fanmade model better in quality? Just on a technical level, no it is not. Is the model more accurate? No, it is not. Is the model bad? No, it's still decent and is possibly one of the best fan-made Yveltal models out there. Is it bad that someone likes the model better than the official model? No, it's just their opinion. Is it bad that someone thinks that the design is more accurate than the official model? Not really, though anyone who does might need to pay closer attention to details.

The other part of the problem is that a number of people here seem to lack manners when it comes to addressing others, but that is beside the point.
Click for my stuff:


Just thought I'd point out that Melee handles Brawl-quality models since the characters are about as detailed as Brawl except the eyes are just textures and when the character is off screen, a low-poly model is used in the circle thingy that says where that character is. Plus look at the trophy models, those things are high poly as f-!!
But what you're saying is true, tiny details are wrong, everyone has their own opinions, and some people are just rude on the internet. (Constantly have to explain my username when I post a comment on certain YouTube videos *rolls eyes*)
Also true is that fan-made models can be more accurate to the artwork than the ingame models, I've seen tons of amazing models on devianart that are both based on artwork and ingame. (A certain set of N64 Mario Party Artwork models come to mind. lol)
....yah this post was mainly just me agreeing with you, but hey atleast you know I get what you're saying. xD Anyways time to go to bed.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Peardian on September 29, 2014, 04:22:13 AM
The other part of the problem is that a number of people here seem to lack manners when it comes to addressing others, but that is beside the point.

It's not that LC lacks manners so much as it is that he has a great distaste for people who say things like that. To him it shows arrogance and some other rather unsavory words in other people.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

let LC be, some people dont come to this thread to actually show a Work in progress
btw I have remade the collisions!

Miku in-game. There are still issues I need to touch up in the rig, and figure out why the shoulders stretch the way they do, and why the fingers look like spaghetti when I try to rig and rotate them. D: But for a model broken up in such weird pieces, it came out great.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ah, uh...sorry, but her Blink eyes looks bad. Really, sorry. Anyways THIS.is the.havk.of the year for.me, she have mouth facials and all.about :3