WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 31 Guests are viewing this topic.

November 03, 2014, 05:29:01 AM #16875 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:33:03 AM by RandomTBush
So nobody bothers to acknowledge the fact that I had ripped those three Smash 3DS models in the first place (used for this and this), and that KTH gets all the credit for the work I did? I see how it is...

November 03, 2014, 05:35:03 AM #16876 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:38:21 AM by Velen
Quote from: RandomTBush on November 03, 2014, 05:29:01 AM
So nobody bothers to acknowledge the fact that I had ripped those three Smash 3DS models in the first place (used for this and this), and that KTH gets all the credit for the work I did? I see how it is...

Uhm. You're wrong, RTB. You didn't look hard enough.

EDIT: I take that back, nobody did.

Well, to be fair, you didn't exactly publicize you had ripped there anywhere but on the Steam Community.

Good job ripping them, dude.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

November 03, 2014, 05:39:44 AM #16877 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:41:25 AM by RandomTBush
Quote from: Velen on November 03, 2014, 05:35:03 AM
Uhm. You're wrong, RTB. You didn't look hard enough.

EDIT: I take that back, nobody did.

Well, to be fair, you didn't exactly publicize you had ripped there anywhere but on the Steam Community.

Good job ripping them, dude.
That's because I was going to wait until I had their low-poly models ripped before submitting them to The Models Resource (which wasn't going to take that much longer), for completeness' sake. The Garry's Mod ports Apoc and I wanted to get done sooner just because we didn't need those.

Quote from: RandomTBush on November 03, 2014, 05:39:44 AM
That's because I was going to wait until I had their low-poly models ripped before submitting them to The Models Resource (which wasn't going to take that much longer), for completeness' sake. The Garry's Mod ports Apoc and I wanted to get done sooner just because we didn't need those.
just wondering do you guys get the models with the bones or without?, it would be interesting to see if some chars like mario and the other veterans use the same excat bonetree.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on November 03, 2014, 10:03:42 AMjust wondering do you guys get the models with the bones or without?, it would be interesting to see if some chars like mario and the other veterans use the same excat bonetree.
With bones and rigging. The 3DS characters I know don't have finger bones, using hand sets instead.

Quote from: RandomTBush on November 03, 2014, 10:09:03 AM
With bones and rigging. The 3DS characters I know don't have finger bones, using hand sets instead.
so they saved on finger rig and made extra hands i see but besides that how is the bonetree? similar to brawl? same reference bones? thrown, yrotn, waistN and such?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

RTB, will you be uploading ALL ssb43DS character models to the models' resource?
that's awesome!

Quote from: Carnage on November 03, 2014, 10:13:58 AM
so they saved on finger rig and made extra hands i see but besides that how is the bonetree? similar to brawl? same reference bones? thrown, yrotn, waistN and such?

As for all I could tell, yeah. Exactly the same bone trees. Both Satoshi and I were pretty surprised about it, but hey, no need to fix what ain't broke.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 03, 2014, 04:23:13 PM #16883 Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:35:45 PM by RandomTBush
Quote from: Carnage on November 03, 2014, 10:13:58 AM
so they saved on finger rig and made extra hands i see but besides that how is the bonetree? similar to brawl? same reference bones? thrown, yrotn, waistN and such?
Goes straight from TransN to RotN to HipN, some of the extras are gone. Still has ThrowN and LHaveN/RHaveN and such, but yeah, same naming scheme.

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on November 03, 2014, 11:42:42 AMRTB, will you be uploading ALL ssb43DS character models to the models' resource?
that's awesome!
Perhaps eventually. Gonna need to refine my importer first, since some things are half-broken.

Quote from: RandomTBush on November 03, 2014, 04:23:13 PM
Goes straight from TransN to RotN to HipN, some of the extras are gone. Still has ThrowN and LHaveN/RHaveN and such, but yeah, same naming scheme.
Perhaps eventually. Gonna need to refine my importer first, since some things are half-broken.

Nice. Hope  they'll be released when they're perfected. ^^

Quote from: RandomTBush on November 03, 2014, 04:23:13 PM
Goes straight from TransN to RotN to HipN, some of the extras are gone. Still has ThrowN and LHaveN/RHaveN and such, but yeah, same naming scheme.
Perhaps eventually. Gonna need to refine my importer first, since some things are half-broken.
nice to know that the skeletons are mostly the same on the  special bones department.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So RTB, will you be importing the high poly models into Garry's Mod? My friend and I are dying for better Nintendo models, especially for Zelda since the only one out there is a rather "eh" model from Twilight Princess.

Quote from: Majora-Sama on November 03, 2014, 06:23:06 PM
So RTB, will you be importing the high poly models into Garry's Mod? My friend and I are dying for better Nintendo models, especially for Zelda since the only one out there is a rather "eh" model from Twilight Princess.

this remember, am I allowed to import those model in MikuMikuDance?


Quote from: RandomTBush on November 03, 2014, 04:23:13 PMPerhaps eventually. Gonna need to refine my importer first, since some things are half-broken.
Nice work though man. Once you're done with the characters, are you planning on ripping trophies and assist trophies as well?