WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Is it just me or does Mac's skin look too light?



Frankenbowser                                                        Sm4sh Bowser
(Sm4sh head + Brawl body)


So, I've decided to take an alternative route. That is to rig Sm4sh whole model. I messed up. Due to his upright position, Sm4sh bowser's upper body is wider than Bowser's. I assume his is to fit his more humanoid shoulders and chest as well as his rounded shell. Long story short, I extended his arms bones in 3ds Max. I thought of 4 solutions to this.

A) Rig the whole thing over

B) Shrink the bones width again, thus destroying his normals in the process. I tried "Normal" and "Edit Normals" with somewhat success. I may look into this one further.

C) Fiddle around with a custom FitMotion as editing the bones in BB did not help me much.

D) Use the Frankenbowser I made and make some vertex edits. Largest problems are the fact that the shells are very different and the neck...yeah does not look great behind the collar due to slamming those together.

More pics

[spoiler]





What about a combo of A&C?
Check out my Site!

Wanna play some Smash 3DS? PM me and we'll work out something

February 07, 2015, 11:31:04 PM #18048 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:34:16 PM by ShadowLuigi~NG~
Quote from: Boobsey on February 07, 2015, 04:53:35 PM
What about a combo of A&C?

I decided to rig his whole model over. He looks very slim. Now, when I widen his model, BB shows his model skewing/slanting in many animations. Most likely due to not all being even proportions. So I give up on that idea. Might as well release him as slim Bowser, messy wrists Bowser, or Skew Bowser.

*Old rig*

Custom Dark Bowser recolor



Zombie Ike



Rig almost done. Obviously needs lots of texture work.

Like I said before... White as a ghost. Still, nice job on the rig Nano. Looking good.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

finally, buff marth soon

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

Quote from: Nαnobuds on February 08, 2015, 12:00:29 AM
Zombie Ike

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Rig almost done. Obviously needs lots of texture work.
I l-Ike this. *gets shot.*

Quote from: Nao-chan on February 08, 2015, 12:08:44 AM
Like I said before... White as a ghost.
3spooky5me.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

all these wiiU imports have me hyped!
specially the characters that had a considerably better design in wiiU!!

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on February 08, 2015, 07:28:23 PM
specially the characters that had a considerably better design in wiiU!!
That's why I'm especially hyped for actual Wii U Sonic.

February 08, 2015, 08:57:27 PM #18055 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:20:53 PM by Pik
That is, if the textures can manage to look good. It's clear that they aren't built for this engine at all.

The only successful Smash 4 imports so far are the assist trophies, since their texturing is better suited for the Wii. (edit: stages are good too, though)
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


I'm sure with some editing (or complete redoing) they could be made to look good.

here's new progress on Wily's Castle... guess i forgot to fix the mountain bg that goes behind the castle xD  (ya i know i didnt show any previews of it here... xD )
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Quote from: DSX8 on February 08, 2015, 11:11:33 PM
here's new progress on Wily's Castle... guess i forgot to fix the mountain bg that goes behind the castle xD  (ya i know i didnt show any previews of it here... xD )

This looks beautiful. Will you be adding the platforms from the stage, too? Or will it just be the FD version?

February 08, 2015, 11:34:00 PM #18059 Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:35:38 PM by DSX8
Quote from: ledgerewskie on February 08, 2015, 11:29:49 PM
This looks beautiful. Will you be adding the platforms from the stage, too? Or will it just be the FD version?
if i have enough filespace after doing all the materials and spec map editing, then yes i'll add the platforms.

edit:
also fixed the yellow brightness on the sides.. mostly by the Wily icon
[spoiler]
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady