WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Awww........I miss airplane Bowser already D:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: ChaosEpsilon613 on July 17, 2012, 06:55:07 PM
The top two posts are total win

Metal and Bowser are looking FANTASTIC
^this xD
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on July 17, 2012, 06:59:53 PM
Awww........I miss airplane Bowser already D:

lol, sadly i agree xDD

July 17, 2012, 11:55:01 PM #3153 Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:59:09 PM by the_randomizer
A little something I'm working on, now that I finally released the Krystal model hack; Shiva from Final Fantasy X!  Finally, my goal is coming to fruition!  I t-posed the model using 3DS Studio Max 2011 since the people at The Models Resource are incapable of doing it themselves.

I plan on porting this over Peach, since I found her bones to be relative easy to work with compared to Bowser's or Charizard's.  Obviously needs to be tweaked in some spots, and I can't seem to get rid of that stupid rope or whatever it is sticking out of the model's backside.  I know that the rope is part of some very vital section of the model, so I can't delete it without deleting the head and hair.  But it should be ready for submission pretty soon nonetheless.

Although it looks like the bones are sticking out of the model, they aren't, I edited the mesh to fit the bones as best as I could.

(I know, I'm not the best at rigging, but it is what it is).

3DS Studio Max Preview:


Brawl Box 0.66 -


Dat hair.....
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on July 18, 2012, 12:01:28 AM
Dat hair.....


It sure is epic lol  ;D

I can't fix it, though.

You can if you move the vertexes.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

July 18, 2012, 12:18:30 AM #3157 Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:05:08 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on July 18, 2012, 12:15:35 AM
You can if you move the vertexes.

Uh, not sure if I can do that since I already rigged the arms, legs, hands and feet.  Editing the vertices now would undo all I already rigged.  Sorry I suck at rigging. :(

Post Merge: July 18, 2012, 01:05:08 AM

I lack the skills to change the hair.  There, I said it.

Click the hair polygon and add a new "edit mesh" and move the hair vertices and when you finish, just drag and drop the new "edit mesh" under "skin"
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com


Quote from: Flygon on July 18, 2012, 01:45:45 AM
Click the hair polygon and add a new "edit mesh" and move the hair vertices and when you finish, just drag and drop the new "edit mesh" under "skin"

The model only has two polygons, body_main and hair_accessories.  The hair vertices are located on "hair_accessories" which already has both a skin and mesh mod on it, so wouldn't adding another mesh mod screw up the rotations I already worked on?  I really don't know how the hair is supposed to look, as I'm still relatively new at rigging.  I do, however, wish to delete or at least hide that rope coming out of the backside (which looks like a tail in a way).  As for dragging and dropping mesh mods, it never lets me do that, and when I click and drag, it shows a red circle with a line through it.  Maybe I should worry about the hair vertices when my imports stop sucking,.

Quote from: the_randomizer on July 18, 2012, 02:01:55 AM
I really don't know how the hair is supposed to look
this is what its suppose to look like:


hope that helps

You can edit it without losing the rigg. You can even detach it without losing the rig. You only need to uncheck "Always" deform before doing the changes.

I figured I'd post some updates on the steam train stage.
Slow progress, but it's progressing nicely.

(previously posted) Train:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


An arched bridge, leading into a mountain
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sailboat in the river below the bridge:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Power line- will be on the other side of the mountain/tunnel:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm planning to add a second passenger train, and I've yet to complete several models such as the wheels, and the machinery below the locomotive.
Obviously, I've hardly textured anything (just the rails, rail ties, part of the power line)

July 18, 2012, 02:33:42 AM #3163 Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:35:20 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: mr.mugenwii on July 18, 2012, 02:19:08 AM
this is what its suppose to look like:


hope that helps


Thanks!  I'll likely need outside help for that part.

Quote from: Iwvi on July 18, 2012, 02:25:26 AM
You can edit it without losing the rigg. You can even detach it without losing the rig. You only need to uncheck "Always" deform before doing the changes.

That makes sense, actually.  But like I said, I'm not 100% confident in my rigging abilities (or lack thereof) when it comes to rigging something so complex as the various sections of hair.  I suppose I could ask someone to help me with that, and give them collaboration credit when I submit it.  The rest I can rig just fine.  Where do I uncheck "always" deform?

Quote from: toastoftriumph on July 18, 2012, 02:25:42 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


An arched bridge, leading into a mountain
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sailboat in the river below the bridge:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Power line- will be on the other side of the mountain/tunnel:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm planning to add a second passenger train, and I've yet to complete several models such as the wheels, and the machinery below the locomotive.
Obviously, I've hardly textured anything (just the rails, rail ties, part of the power line)

(SFM) Yes! Yes!