WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Carnage on July 30, 2012, 04:43:40 PM
its easy your doing super sonic with FS eyes :P but i wonder unless you make a custom model changer i dont think you can make sonic normal quils disapear
Well, he DOES have FS eyes (and metal materials). But that's not the main difference.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 30, 2012, 04:52:05 PM
Custom PSA so you can have different Super Sonics? Is it like SMBZ Mario and Luigi where you do a taunt or something and you turn into Super SOnic and have different moves?
Nope. He uses Sonic's original Brawl moveset, and his original animations (I play on random wi-fi a lot, so I prefer using the default movesets.)

The Super Sonic quills make quite a few of Sonic's original animations look awkward (forward air, up throw, anything where he curls up without the sphere object, etc.)
The quills are changed using one-slot VIS0 animation edits. Any other Sonic model will look no different than they would using Sonic's original animation pac.

Also, he looks blue in Brawlbox because I'm using the textures, materials, and shaders from the Final Smash model. (As in, instead of getting yellow fur by recoloring the textures, the fur color is controlled solely by the materials and shaders. I even applied the effect to the sphere.)

To sum all of that text up: Final Smash materials + One-slot VIS0 mod that doesn't desynch wi-fi.
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Quote from: JoeTE on July 30, 2012, 05:31:20 PMTo sum all of that text up: Final Smash materials + One-slot VIS0 mod that doesn't desynch wi-fi.
Cool, it doesn't desynch wifi, something that doesn't really effect me since I use an emulator. :srs: Still Super Sonic probably looks better than before right? :D
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on July 30, 2012, 05:35:11 PM
Cool, it doesn't desynch wifi, something that doesn't really effect me since I use an emulator. :srs: Still Super Sonic probably looks better than before right? :D
Not so much "better than before." Think of it as "looks exactly like the final smash model."

I understand that not everyone cares about wi-fi compatibility, but I make sure all of my hacks work properly on wi-fi.

Besides, those VIS0 edits allow me to do stuff like this without having to move bones around (and it has the benefit of being one-slot!):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

Gettin old [censored] done lol
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Quote from: Dr. Pervy on July 30, 2012, 10:30:27 PMGettin old [censored] done lol
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I was wondering what happened to her.  :happy:

I was wondering what happened to her.

Lawl beat. Yay nonetheless.


Got it up and running in Brawl, all thanks to flygon and Nanobuds for pointing out the texture format I needed to use. In this case, CMPR, which worked after all other formats I tried.


Yet another "Add / edit parts on an otherwise unchanged Brawl model" idea I'm working on.
I just need to make the sunglasses darker (and less purple) and make (or find) a boombox stereo model to include with it.
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!


Quote from: JoeTE on July 31, 2012, 12:28:34 AM
Yet another "Add / edit parts on an otherwise unchanged Brawl model" idea I'm working on.
I just need to make the sunglasses darker (and less purple) and make (or find) a boombox stereo model to include with it.


I love you forever.

I couldn't find any models that looked like Diddy's stereo.
So I made do with what I had by using various parts from his Rocketbarrels.

I'm going to re-texture it and fix the scaling of the round parts, but it looks good nonetheless. And it replaces the Rocketbarrels (See the round parts underneath it? The exhaust flames will come out of those.)
JoeTE ~ Now copying lifeform data!

I've been working on the zero suit peach suit for the last week.

basically stripped peaches model, and projected the zero suit onto peach. Since I had used the existing UV layouts, I later had to wrap the texture UVs. the ineffective use of the UV space meant a 512x512 wasn't giving me the detail I needed.

so also re did the UV's and made model tweaks. including nips, capris, pumps, and an open collar.



once it was all settled I tried to incorperate the normal map shader I found on one of the thorpies.. however peach's model was already pretty cloes to the size limit. the largest normal map I was able to fit was 256x256.. too far from what would be required to show sutle detail such as seems etc.. Also later after testing I found that the shader doesnt work on some stages. in some cases the texture will turn black, or another radicale hue. not sure what causes this?

seems the mudbox reconstruction was really all for nothing :\


anyway this was scrapped, and now I have to decide on some creative weapon alternatives for this mod.

by default peach has a golf club, a tennis racket, and a frying pan. I cant think of any cool Zero Suit weapon ideas.. if nothing creative comes up, I'll release the mod as is...




One thing that worked out successfully was the resign of her shoe!



I think it looks miles better then the original, and I UV wrapped it to the original UV layout. so it's adaptable to any existing peach model.
Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
[Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

July 31, 2012, 05:09:03 AM #3627 Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:18:40 AM by Forté
http://i.imgur.com/an4Rf.png
http://i.imgur.com/s22tM.png

Creative and innovative, along with the material/one-slot VIS0 edit over sonic.

I'm liking it.

Also, mariokar64, the detail put into ZS Peach such as the collar, clip on the capris, and jewel is pretty nice. The heels are a nice touch too. As for the weapons, maybe something involving pieces the of Samus's suit?
- Forte

!!!!!

Do you have any [censored]ing idea how much I love you right now? You really don't.

I forgot you forgot about all my request, MarioKart64n.

not only did you do it, but you changed the color and gave her gloves and other things like fix the shoes man, love that extra mile work.

Very impressed and wouldn't mind having her with her regular weapons. Don't stress over it too much.

Hair and tits look great by the way.

Quote from: mariokart64n on July 31, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


God damn that Zero Suit Peach looks awesome.