Forward ThrowBack ThrowDown ThrowUp Throw
Back - 4 (11.8%)
Up - 6 (17.6%)
Down - 3 (8.8%)
Forward - 21 (61.8%)
None - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 158
Author Topic: Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down  (Read 602353 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 11:31:09 PM »

Wall Clinging will be done. However, I don't think actually climbing is possible. SDoom tried it with Spider-Man and it didn't work out so well.

But the animation for his wall cling will most definitely be what he does in most games.

Also, the model I'm using has no bones in the claws. So its impossible for me to mess with them. Because I originally wanted that middle-claw taunt he did in the first X-Men movie to Cyclops too.

And I'm not to keen on the overheat idea (no offense) because what I'm making him as is mainly a straight forward character who is good at dealing a lot of damage. It may sound strange, but I want you to have to get your opponent in the 80-100s and up before you have a REALLY good chance to get a kill off. Not counting meteors.

Basically a lot of his moves will have low kill potential or low knockback but have little start up or end lag. Which ever seems more fair when I'm animating it.
    =======

Also, as I lay in my bed to awake to sleep I thought of some moves I'd like to get opinions on. Cause again... the moveset isn't set in stone. So I'm way open for suggestions as long as I can see it in my head and make it look good.

Side Tilt ideas:
    1: A (very) short dash forward followed by a delayed stab then a dash back to the original position. The dash + delay is meant to cause opponents to think an attack is coming right then, so they dodge or block. And hopefully they dodge... so afterwards, they are left open for the actual attack.

2: A 3 to 6 or even 10 (haven't decided) slash flurry. The body wont move forward or anything... similar to the Attack100 but not continuous. Mainly good for racking up quick damage.

3: A 2 hit spin slash that moves him forward a bit. The first slash would be a left swing that turns his body backward and the second slash would be with the right arm coming backwards ending with him facing forward again. Moderate knockback. A semi-kill move.

---

Down Tilt ideas:

1: Standard MvC stab

2: A claw combo similar to Bowser's but with possibly 4 slashes instead of 2

3: A sliding claw attack that will end in a uppercut to knock the foe up a good amount

---

Forward-A Air:

1: A rolling claw attack that moves him forward in the air (not very far) that ends in a single slash downaward (meteor)

2: A forward swing with the left claw that turns him around in the air so he's facing the opposite direction. (If I do this, I will make the back-A air will also turn you around.)

---

Neutral A Air:

1: A tornado claw fury... Think Falco's attack100 but in the air. Good for approaching.

2: A 2+ hit swipe flurry that will be good for approaches.

So... opinions on what I should do? Its not that I can't think of anything, its just that I prefer to bounce ideas off people or hear what others have to say so i can make the best animations possible.

Oh, and I thought of some grabs too:

Grab Amination:
    A stabbing motion towards the opponents mid section with the left claw.

Pummel: Stabs in the face Smiley

Back Throw: An overhead toss with the opponent stuck on the tip of the claws. Good range

Down throw: Throws the opponent down on the ground, hops on him, stabs 3 times, jumps off. No knock back at all. The opponent will have to get up from where he was thrown.

Up and Forward throw I could use some suggestions on. I was thinking of having the forward throw be him jumping onto the opponent's knees, then stabbing them in the face, and kicking off.

or

Jumping behind the opponent, stabbing them in the head twice, and kicking off them, sending Wolverine technically backwards, and the opponent forwards.

Aside from moves, there are a few things that would be GREAT to aid in the badassery of this project.

1: A sound thingy
    2: Winning music (I'm thinking the original OLD X-Men cartoon theme music)
    3: An import model from Ultimate MvC3 (The model I'm using atm, I don't know who made it right now, but I'll credit them before I release anything)
    4: CSPs/Battle Portraits of the above models.

PS: If Wolverine comes out well, my next project will be Yoda. There is a cool looking model over Toon Link and I already have ideas for it. I'm not keen on posting movesets early, so I'll just do a few animations and get a video made for it like I did with Wolverine. Videos get more attention then movesets do xD

PPS: Bonus!

The Up-Taunt will be Regeneration!!!

He will basically hold his stomach and breath. 1% hp will be healed every second or so... the taunt will be REALLY long and you will be able to cancel it after about 3% hp is healed to keep it from being useless.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:34:15 PM by Kagemaru » Logged

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Leon Exodio
    Holy Kitten

Im back!!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »

i can make the CSPs/Battle Portraits, Winning music , and if you need a model i can try to get one if possible but i cant rig it because i dont know how lol

and also i like the taunt Regeneration also

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »

As of right now, the Side Smash is finished.  Its that X attack from MvC (I should really invest some time in finding out the names of these moves xD )

The charge animation has very few framses cause its going to be really fast. The move itself is going to be really fast. And after I test it in game, I may add a bit more end lag to it to make it fair. But the initial hit itself is going to be really fast.

It took SOOOOOOO long for it to look decent. And I'm still kinda meh on it. Mainly because Captain Falcon's bones don't really agree with the width of Wolverine's body... so an animation like the side smash had a lot of over lapping. So I had to tweak it to where it looked somewhat decent. It isn't an EXACT replica. But its pretty darn close.

Leon, I may be calling upon you to make an update video in the near future. But as of right now, I have to start getting ready for work xD

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Boygos
    srs kitten

If you remember me, you've been at this too long

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 05:38:18 AM »

I would LOVE to do the recolors for you to include on release Wink I'm thinking X-Men Evolution costume, Jim Lee Costume (90s Show), Wolverine and the X-Men Costume, X-Force Costume, Blood Red Costume (Hunted) or maybe a battle damaged costume? Idk, he has so many SWEET costumes. Oh, ot then maybe a Secret Wars costume? ^_^

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 06:32:46 AM »

Scrap the regeneration for a taunt.

For a down special, give Wolverine the "X Factor" ability from U/MvC3 but it'd have to be built up over a large amount of time, maybe after accumulating about 300% of damage?

It would increase wolverine's Attacking Speed (you'll just change the frame speed modifier, of 1.3 imo, in PSA for that), he'll be stronger with the same knockback and will heal over a time of 10 seconds(?)

When 300% of damage has been accumulated, then Wolverine will start to tint a light red color. But when active, he will be tinted dark red while flashing red. To made the effect more dramatic.

And if it's not ready at the time you press down B, then still do the action, but nothing will happen.

Just an idea. Plus, it very fitting for Wolverine to have this.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 08:17:01 AM »

Royal blade, if that is actually possible... Consider it done.

But now I need ideas for two taunts, wait animations, and up smash

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »

I suggest moving this project to wolf when the mvc3 wolverine model is released for him.

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »

If he does that then maybe from there it should be ported to someone else because lots of people want vegetate on wolf

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 01:13:51 PM »

That doesn't work out to well for me since I plan to be using Vegeta...

There is already a model of Wolverine over Captain Falcon... I think its a waste to port Wolverine over Wolf when Captain Falcon already has a base o.o

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »

I think the falcon model needs an import that has bones in the claws

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

SSJ Is Clueless!
    Heroic Kitten

Hey look it's a-a.... i...i...don't.....know....

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 01:39:36 PM »

this is gonna be cool we can finaly have an x-men character in brawl(was gonna have gambit but it got thrown away)

SSJ - The guy that can, but won't.

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

Well, the model isn't too good, and dsx8 is rigging the mvc3 model on wolf's bones, so he'd probably work better on wolf, also, he can probably be ported for those dbz fans. Also, many people already have viewtiful joe, so I'd suggest porting whichever character this ends up on.

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:35 PM »

I already port V.Joe onto Yoshi... so Its not really a problem for me. :/

But if someone wants to port it or w/e... I'm cool with that.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: February 14, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »

It really doesn't matter if it's over Captain Falcon, it's been shown that it can be ported, so that's not that big of an issue.

Now for moveset suggestions,

move Tornado Claw to his Up Smash. It'd work like the Kyuubi Naruto's Up Smash in the Naruto PSA. (But with necessary charges.)

give him Drill Claw as his Up Special. It'd work like a mix of Falcon Dive and Fire Fox/Bird (NOT Fire Wolf). Meaning that Wolverine can travel in 8 directions and if it hits someone, he can perform another action following the succession hit of Drill Claw. And If it misses, he'll be put in a spinning helpless state.

And give him Berserker's Rage, somewhere... I don't really know what's up for auction...

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 08:24:55 PM »

All those things you just suggested... I have no idea what they are or where they are from... besides Tornado Claw.

Pictures, videos... those help.

Also, as for the Weapon X thingy you suggested, If I do that, I'll probably have it trigger at 100% since 300% hardly ever happens enough for it to be useful.

Good ideas, and I like them. I just need images for me to see them xD

Oh, and KingJigglyPuff agreed to PSA it for me. Huzzah!!!

Post Merge: February 14, 2012, 08:30:00 PM
    All those things you just suggested... I have no idea what they are or where they are from... besides Tornado Claw.

Pictures, videos... those help.

Also, as for the Weapon X thingy you suggested, If I do that, I'll probably have it trigger at 100% since 300% hardly ever happens enough for it to be useful.

Good ideas, and I like them. I just need images for me to see them xD

Oh, and KingJigglyPuff agreed to PSA it for me. Huzzah!!!
    « Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:30:00 PM by Kagemaru » Logged

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 158
    Print
    Jump to: