Forward ThrowBack ThrowDown ThrowUp Throw
Back - 4 (11.8%)
Up - 6 (17.6%)
Down - 3 (8.8%)
Forward - 21 (61.8%)
None - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 158
Author Topic: Kage's Inner Sanctum: Using a Phoenix Down  (Read 602530 times)
Don Jon Bravo
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1965 on: March 01, 2013, 04:10:15 PM »

Kage send Wolvering my way, lemme see if i can get it working. If I get it working, I'll rig that for him.

That reminds me, I should probably finish Chun-Li.

I want this...

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

Afraid my dear? There nothing to be afraid of ...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1966 on: March 01, 2013, 06:37:53 PM »

Kage send Wolvering my way, lemme see if i can get it working. If I get it working, I'll rig that for him.

That reminds me, I should probably finish Chun-Li.

Yes, please do !
    _________________________________________________ ________________________

Speaking of which, Sorry for being late I just download the Chun-li PSA since i just recently found the time to install the homebrew channel and sh*t to finally test her out.

So although it may not be as usefu now since people probably stated everything that need to be stated, this is a project that's very close too me and i want share my thoughts.

Here we go (please read all):
    First of all, I want to point out that i really enjoy the moveset (more than Ryu in fact LOL) . It was really well done and it stay very true to what i requested too so that's quite awesome.

-Animation: The animations were pretty good as usual. Again, there some touch ups to do here and there but most of it is really well done. There some animation that are also just off when it comes to emulate the sprite but i talk about it as we go through.

-AAA combo: The two first slap and the lighning legs part look a bit odd but i can't quite put my finger on why it does though (maybe i'm just too picky too LOL). Anyway i think the major issues is how powerful the lightning legs part is. You can easily delliver 176 to 200% in about 10 seconds so it definatly need to be lower down. Some people might complain on how the move work all together. To be honnnest yes this move give way too much damages but unless your opponent stay completly still he can easily escape it (try spaming the move to a friend who skill at brawl  or even a CPU level 9, you'll see it's not that hot). Beside this move always been a little cheap in SF so yeah ... but i said myself i want something balanced (unique twist that can't be acheivie in regular brawl but balanced none the less) so if i'ts really that OP, i see 2 options. Either make it like Wolverine which push the opponent away a bit like most character in fact (but still a bit cheaper LOL) or add a finishing move to the combo (after giving a certain number of kicks, she end her combo with a final blow like in the Senretsukyaku) so it can't be as spamable and still stay true to her character legendary ass kicking ability:

This is the Senretsukyaku (if this is the option you're going for the stike to the stomach shouldn't stun otherwise it would be a little too OP, hell even as it is the fact that it stun may be a bit too much) :
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiB6Y6Pemgw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiB6Y6Pemgw</a>

-Sides-B: The animation look alright althought like stated previously she doing a vertical split in the games not a horizontal one.The recovery animation lack a bit smoothness too imho. Also, it's not as bad as the Hyakuretsukyaku (Lightning Legs) but still, if your opponent get hit by the entire attack (all 3 hits I think), it gives something like 57% . The properties of the move seems legit though just make each hit gives about between 5 and 10% instead of 20%.

A look at the leg position in the Spinning Bird Kick:

-Aerial backward attack: I don't know if it should be change all together or just it's properties cause it really hard to hit your mark with this move i belive. the animation look pretty spot on though.

-Down-b (air): Like i said back when it was in the beta phase, I think this move should suspended her in the air more effectively cause maybe it's just me but it seems barely noticable that it slow her falls down making this move kind of hard to perform. it would also be cool (though probably OP to some) if once she land she can keep on going like in MvC3. If not then let's forget about the "emprisoning ability" of this move and make it just slightly cheaper than the regular character "assault combo moves".

-Neutral-B: Pretty much perfect just wish it has more the properties of Falco  laser gun instead.

-Up-B: It gives something like 55% when all hits connect this is a bit much once again. The properties seems pretty legit but the demage given need to be lower down  make it gives something between 15% and 20% (at max). Also, the animation look very weird particualr move (i'm sorry). To be fair, l'm almost 100% sure it's due to the rigging. See, the whole hip area doesn't seems to be rig so it never move perfectly with the leg. You can see that even in her wait 1 that the area where her hip meet her tights is carved. On this animation it look like there and extra joint in there which make it look like she lack flexibility (which is unexusable for her J.K) and make her look like a not so well articulated action figure. The also seems to be something wrong with the trajectory and angle she fallowing but then again maybe it's just me. It just that, it lock you in  and you have no control unlike link for instance which have a similar type of attack.

-Up smash: same "action figure" issues as the Up-B move and maybe lower the poucentage to 26% instead of 29% i guess. Its knowback power and killing pothential is fine though.

-Down smash: Leg position in a vertical split, other than that the properties seems legit when it comes to knock back power and kiling pothential i think. Maybe it's a little too strong though even for a smash in term of damage given. I recall most characters giving between 20% and 25% so 39% seems a bit much. It gives 2 hits so i suggest each one should gives between 12% or 13%.

-Sides-smash: Pretty much perfect but sometimes, it seems it doesn't knock back the opponent. It also happen to me once and i can't do it on purpose but there one time i teleport in to the edge and kill myself so i don't know what this is about.

-Final Smash: It's obvious that it's not the final version of this move but there a few thing i notice here and there. I originaly thought you use the same animation as the side smash but it actualy different like you told me. This is overall very well done but i think the animation could use a few touch up here and there. For instance, the way she bend her back when doing the actual attack look a bit ... unnatural i don't know (again maybe i'm too picky). Also, this might sound stupid but i think the attack is a bit too fast. I not talking even talking about dynamic camera (cinematic final smash) here it's just that i think i doesn't feel much like an ultimate attack. I think the build up is lacking. There should be a little more emphesis on the charging animation imho. This is the only attack of Chun-li that weaken her for a brief moment so it should look like she putting everything in it. Speaking of this weakening animation, she actualy doing it while inside the ball. It should be after obviously and last a leat 2 full seconds. Anyway, another thing i don't know if it should stop or slow down time but i'm sure adding some build up would make it look way better. Also, the attack itself should last a full 5 or 6 seconds instead of 2 or 3 (like in SF and mvc3).

Chun Li Ultra II - Kikosho HD

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - CHUN-LI Special

-Taunts First of all, i did not even expect taunt to be there so i was pretty surprise LOL The Kung fu salute  is pretty spot on bu t the "Gomen-ne" taunt is a little off. I think the right foot goes slightly too far, the arm that goes behind her back look a bit stiff and she isn't suppose to be waving her hand (more like just once). Wish she will have facials expressions on day cause she so soul less right now it would be neat for the taunt and most importantly the victory taunt.

(There also more advanced version in SFIV and MvC3 since that the model you use you might want to check them out).

-Glitchs: There one like i told you that on the Sides-smash and there another one. Unfrtunatly this "other one" is not negletable. Basicaly the model polygons explode more or less randomly. At first, i thought it was activated by doing the Spinning Bird Kick a certain number of time but it happen one time and i didn't do it once. I thought it was because of the items but it happen in a game with none. My only theory so far is that it's possible to do one complete game with her but then the next one wi ll make her explode. I had the same experience with a Tails PSA that work fine only on the first game, after thhat it froze the game. I don't remember this Chun-li model to ever exploded like that (i remember the TvC one over Ness did but never the models over Zelda). I guess it the fusion of this model with that chun-li model if not unfortunatly i think it's the moveset who cause that.

I will probably update a few moves in the thread soon so be sure to look every one in a while (if nt i'll PM you).  Since i already update the thread when you realese Ryu v.1 there should'nt be that much change on Chun-li, anyway.

P.S: Speaking of Ryu, I found an interesting entry for him for when you'll start working on him again.
    Basically, he shoryuken himself out of the ground as Evil Ryu and than change back to his regular self. This is based on Evil ryu entry as a boss in SSFIV arcade edition:

P.P.S: Thank you VERY MUCH for making all these movesets and to give my movelist a try while others overlooked them. It is really appriciate man !    
    « Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:45:29 AM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1967 on: March 01, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »

Yes, please do !
    _________________________________________________ ________________________

Speaking of which, Sorry for being late I just download the Chun-li PSA since i just recently found the time to install the homebrew channel and sh*t to finally test her out.

So although it may not be as usefu now since people probably stated everything that need to be stated, this is a project that's very close too me and i want share my thoughts.

Here we go (please read all):
    First of all, I want to point out that i really enjoy the moveset (more than Ryu in fact LOL) . It was really well done and it stay very true to what i requested too so that's quite awesome.

-Animation: The animations were pretty good as usual. Again, there some touch ups to do here and there but most of it is really well done. There some animation that are also just off when it comes to emulate the sprite but i talk about it as we go through.

-AAA combo: The two first slap and the lighning legs part look a bit odd but i can't quite put my finger on why it does though (maybe i'm just too picky too LOL). Anyway i think the major issues is how powerful the lightning legs part is. You can easily delliver 176 to 200% in about 10 seconds so it definatly need to be lower down. Some people might complain on how the move work all together. To be honnnest yes this move give way too much damages but unless your opponent stay completly still he can easily escape it (try spaming the move to a friend who skill at brawl  or even a CPU level 9, you'll see it's not that hot). Beside this move always been a little cheap in SF so yeah ... but i said myself i want something balanced (unique twist that can't be acheivie in regular brawl but balanced none the less) so if i'ts really that OP, i see 2 options. Either make it like Wolverine which push the opponent away a bit like most character in fact (but still a bit cheaper LOL) or add a finishing move to the combo (after giving a certain number of kicks, she end her combo with a final blow like in the Senretsukyaku) so it can't be as spamable and still stay true to her character legendary ass kicking ability:

This is the Senretsukyaku (if this is the option you're going for the stike to the stomach shouldn't stun otherwise it would be a little too OP) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiB6Y6Pemgw#

-Sides-B: The animation look alright althought like stated previously she doing a vertical split in the games not a horizontal one.The recovery animation lack a bit smoothness too imho. Also, it's not as bad as the Hyakuretsukyaku (Lightning Legs) but still, if your opponent get hit by the entire attack (all 3 hits I think), it gives something like 57% . The properties of the move seems legit though just make each hit gives about between 5 and 10% instead of 20%.

A look at the leg position in the Spinning Bird Kick:

-Aerial backward attack: I don't know if it should be change all together or just it's properties cause it really hard to hit your mark with this move i belive. the animation look pretty spot on though.

-Down-b (air): Like i said back when it was in the beta phase, I think this move should suspended her in the air more effectively cause maybe it's just me but it seems barely noticable that it slow her falls down making this move kind of hard to perform. it would also be cool (though probably OP to some) if once she land she can keep on going like in MvC3. If not then let's forget about the "emprisoning ability" of this move and make it just slightly cheaper than the regular character "assault combo moves".

-Neutral-B: Pretty much perfect just wish it has more the properties of Falco  laser gun instead.

-Up-B: It gives something like 55% when all hits connect this is a bit much once again. The properties seems pretty legit but the demage given need to be lower down  make it gives something between 15% and 20% (at max). Also, the animation look very weird particualr move (i'm sorry). To be fair, l'm almost 100% sure it's due to the rigging. See, the whole hip area doesn't seems to be rig so it never move perfectly with the leg. You can see that even in her wait 1 that the area where her hip meet her tights is carved. On this animation it look like there and extra joint in there which make it look like she lack flexibility (which is unexusable for her J.K) and make her look like a not so well articulated action figure. The also seems to be something wrong with the trajectory and angle she fallowing but then again maybe it's just me. It just that, it lock you in  and you have no control unlike link for instance which have a similar type of attack.

-Up smash: same "action figure" issues as the Up-B move and maybe lower the poucentage to 26% instead of 29% i guess. Its knowback power and killing pothential is fine though.

-Down smash: Leg position in a vertical split, other than that the properties seems legit when it comes to knock back power and kiling pothential i think. Maybe it's a little too strong though even for a smash in term of damage given. I recall most characters giving between 20% and 25% so 39% seems a bit much. It gives 2 hits so i suggest each one should gives between 12% or 13%.

-Sides-smash: Pretty much perfect but sometimes, it seems it doesn't knock back the opponent. It also happen to me once and i can't do it on purpose but there one time i teleport in to the edge and kill myself so i don't know what this is about.

-Final Smash: It's obvious that it's not the final version of this move but there a few thing i notice here and there. I originaly thought you use the same animation as the side smash but it actualy different like you told me. This is overall very well done but i think the animation could use a few touch up here and there. For instance, the way she bend her back when doing the actual attack look a bit ... unnatural i don't know (again maybe i'm too picky). Also, this might sound stupid but i think the attack is a bit too fast. I not talking even talking about dynamic camera (cinematic final smash) here it's just that i think i doesn't feel much like an ultimate attack. I think the build up is lacking. There should be a little more emphesis on the charging animation imho. This is the only attack of Chun-li that weaken her for a brief moment so it should look like she putting everything in it. Speaking of this weakening animation, she actualy doing it while inside the ball. It should be after obviously and last a leat 2 full seconds. Anyway, another thing i don't know if it should stop or slow down time but i'm sure adding some build up would make it look way better. Also, the attack itself should last a full 5 or 6 seconds instead of 2 or 3 (like in SF and mvc3).

Chun Li Ultra II - Kikosho HD  

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - CHUN-LI Special

-Taunts First of all, i did not even expect taunt to be there so i was pretty surprise LOL The Kung fu salute  is pretty spot on bu t the "Gomen-ne" taunt is a little off. I think the right foot goes slightly too far, the arm that goes behind her back look a bit stiff and she isn't suppose to be waving her hand (more like just once). Wish she will have facials expressions on day cause she so soul less right now it would be neat for the taunt and most importantly the victory taunt.

(There also more advanced version in SFIV and MvC3 since that the model you use you might want to check them out).

-Glitchs: There one like i told you that on the Sides-smash and there another one. Unfrtunatly this "other one" is not negletable. Basicaly the model polygons explode more or less randomly. At first, i thought it was activated by doing the Spinning Bird Kick a certain number of time but it happen one time and i didn't do it once. I thought it was because of the items but it happen in a game with none. My only theory so far is that it's possible to do one complete game with her but then the next one wi ll make her explode. I had the same experience with a Tails PSA that work fine only on the first game, after thhat it froze the game. I don't remember this Chun-li model to ever exploded like that (i remember the TvC one over Ness did but never the models over Zelda). I guess it the fusion of this model with that chun-li model if not unfortunatly i think it's the moveset who cause that.

I will probably update a few moves in the thread soon so be sure to look every one in a while (if nt i'll PM you).  Since i already update the thread when you realese Ryu v.1 there should'nt be that much change on Chun-li, anyway.

P.S: Speaking of Ryu, I found an interesting entry for him for when you'll start working on him again.
    Basically, he shoryuken himself out of the ground as Evil Ryu and than change back to his regular self. This is based on Evil ryu entry as a boss in SSFIV arcade edition:

P.P.S: Thank you VERY MUCH for making all these movesets and to give my movelist a try while others overlooked them. It is really appriciate man !    

wait im confused, did Kagemaru ask you for your ideas? otherwise im wondering why your thanking him. Becuz, unless u pm him, i cant find a post of him saying he will do ur ideas xD i could be wrong though. Otherwise, this is spam and should of been in a pm to him...
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:05:21 PM by rax189 » Logged

KGN Nappdagg
    Extreme Kitten

I feel like quiting

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1968 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »

wait im confused, did Kagemaru ask you for your ideas? otherwise im wondering why your thanking him. Becuz, unless u pm him, i cant find a post of him saying he will do ur ideas xD i could be wrong though. Otherwise, this is spam and should of been in a pm to him...
    not impressed
    THIS WOULD BE SPAM. geez, the nerve of some..

REALLY not called for. seriously, he was only giving pointers (which is what prevents hacks from freezing, thus more download/less reports) I don't recall Kage saying that his ideas were dumb, so, the way I see it, Not spam, advice, GROW up, mind your OWN business
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:56:24 PM by TheGanonof@llG0dz81 » Logged

I'm addicted to Brawl.....HELP :\
    -I feel like calling it quits

Im srs here *BANG! BANG!*

P.A.I.N:Mixtape Link (Dat Piff): http://www.datpiff.com/Grey-Poupon-Pain-mixtape.457773.html

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1969 on: March 02, 2013, 12:05:52 AM »

.... a bit harsh man i was just saying, he could of put that into a pm or under the psa request section. I never said his ideas were dumb so your pulling this crap out of no where... Also, Giving pointers is ok but he has enough to pass it off as a full moveset, Your telling me to mind my own business when your defending somebody else? Let ppl argue for themselves. But look, im sry if i offended u so lets stop this conversation now before we really do spam his page k? U got a problem with me kindly pm me Cheesy
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:08:10 AM by rax189 » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1970 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:33 AM »

Before that goes any further...

Chun-Li and Ryu and Akuma's movesets are based on the requests of SU there. Thats why he's thanking me (You're welcome) Though I didn't fully take the requests, I based the movesets heavily on his suggestions... Chun-Li more or less almost followed his suggested moves 100%. Akuma and Ryu/Ken I put more of my own spin on them.

In any event, I know about the teleporting glitch and the exploding poly glitch. I have 0 idea why it happens. A model glitch caused by the PSA is beyond my comprehension... and the teleporting thing... thats totally strange to me.

That said, I may or may not get to fixing those things cause its no secret by now that I'm 1: very busy with life and 2: bored with brawl hacking cause I don't have anyone around me to enjoy it with.

I also have to remind myself to finish a favor for Kein and Omega cause I promised them I would.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1971 on: March 02, 2013, 08:09:38 AM »

small thing i noticed animating based on a SF sprite, the legs, make no [censored]ing sense at all in the sprites, you gotta work around that when 3D animating...

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1972 on: March 02, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »

@Kagemaru: Wow sh*t hit the fan there. I didn't expect to cause such troubles just by thanking you Kage, sorry about that Sad . I feel sadden  by the fact that you're getting bored of brawl hacking and that you don't have people who enjoy it. It probably doesn't mean much to you but I really appriciate the effort and time you put into these hack (no only the SF one but in general) thank you again .  

@rax189: Seach for the thread "Perfect Chun-li for Brawl" you'll see that Kagemaru left comments about him working on it in the "futur" (which is now the present). There also a link to the Ryu psa request thread as well as the Juri Psa request thread (this one kage never says he would work on it). Feel free to take a look and show your support.

@Joking: I don't know, they look fine to me beside i use sprites to illustrate my thoughts and gives the "main lines" of the moves  more than any thing else. You guy can use whatever source material works better to make the animation smoothers . Hell, I myself put some video in the original thread so that you can see the move in an actual full motion. Also, SF characters fortunaly appear in 3D games as well and there even model viewer in some so Idle for instance can be rework based on that. SSFIV:3D edition could also be rather helpfull to see the moves better cause it has a dynamic camera mode .
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:42:03 AM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1973 on: March 02, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »

seriously, look at some spinning kicks frame by frame, they are mirrored sprites, meaning the legs suddenly switch xD

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1974 on: March 02, 2013, 03:55:30 PM »

@Kagemaru: Wow sh*t hit the fan there. I didn't expect to cause such troubles just by thanking you Kage, sorry about that Sad . I feel sadden  by the fact that you're getting bored of brawl hacking and that you don't have people who enjoy it. It probably doesn't mean much to you but I really appriciate the effort and time you put into these hack (no only the SF one but in general) thank you again .  

@rax189: Seach for the thread "Perfect Chun-li for Brawl" you'll see that Kagemaru left comments about him working on it in the "futur" (which is now the present). There also a link to the Ryu psa request thread as well as the Juri Psa request thread (this one kage never says he would work on it). Feel free to take a look and show your support.

@Joking: I don't know, they look fine to me beside i use spites to illustrate my thoughts. You guy can use whatever. Also, SF characters fortunalyappear in 3D games as well and there even model viewer in some. Hell, SSFIV:3D could also be helpfull to see the moves better.
    Yo man u didnt cause any trouble by posting that i was just giving advise that you shouldnt have posted almost a full moveset here but i said i could be wrong and it could of been fine, then someone came and took wat i said COMPLETELY wrong and accused me of saying ur ideas were bad and told me to mind my own business which kind of got me upset so yea, it aint really ur fault
    p.s i just thought it looked weird that u thanked him without him even saying he would use your ideas Tongue but i said its possible he did and i didnt see it Tongue
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:57:01 PM by rax189 » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1975 on: March 02, 2013, 05:31:58 PM »

In any case... Yeah I based the movements heavily off the sprites of Chun-Li because watching videos on my computer is crap and its hard to pause when I need to when watching them on my phone (my phone plays videos better, but I need precision pausing and scrolling when watching for animation stuff)

Anywhoo... yeah the spirtes are often mirrored and you have to work around them. Something I was too lazy to do in some cases like the Side B, Down Smash, Up Smash and Up B.

Also, that special for her doing the lightning kicks... I may turn that into her ground FS cause I like that better... Its got the perfect set up for a FS imo... One initial kick, then the lightnning kicks, then one last powerful kick. Thats short enough to do.

Which I'll do eventually. For now, I've just started a new math class and based on the results of my pre test, its gonna take a lot more focus and time then I originally thought it would.

That said... even though I'm semi-gone, my work may still show up on some projects here and there as I occasionally help people by doing an animation or two for them if their project interests me enough or I just feel like it. Also a good way to get an animation out of me is trading a favor for a favor.

I need things like CSPs, BPs, and SSPs put into my brawl SD card that ish takes forever to do. Setting up things on my SD card pretty much.

So if you'd like some stuff from me and I haven't expressed any interest in your projects already feel free to ask a favor for a favor and we can talk shop. Just shoot me a PM. [/shamless plug]

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1976 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »

that sounds kool kage
    and ive got a question,
    i heard there was an update to the spidey PSA by another user in the vault,
    have u checked on it?

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1977 on: March 03, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »

@rax189: Making people upset and "insulting" each other (even though there light insults) sound like troubles to me. Also, Here Kage quote from the tread (+ the link to the thread):
    I like how complete this request is, and there was a Chun-Li just released for Zelda which makes me want to do this even more. So consider me down to do the animations. Smiley
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36396.0#quickreply

@Joking: You actually right but like i said, i put sprites in these thread to illustrate my thoughts and give the "big lines" of what the move should look like in game. Since these characters are rather iconic, i believe it's important to stay true to the sprite as much as possible cause when a bit off it really shows (especialy for big SF fan like me). With that said, i can understand that the animation of the sprite is more primitive than 3D animations and therefore it lack some frame i think it's just a matter of using common sense. If it look odd in 3D, i think no one will complain if a few frame are added (as long it doesn't change the core of the original animations and is not unnecessarily).

@Kagemaru: About the Final Smash change i'm not too sure. I originaly chose the Kikosho cause i think this is really Chun-li's ultimate attack while the Senretsukyaku is just a super and not as powerful. Also, i wanted something that gives damage rather than something that instantly kill for a ground Final Smash while the aerial one would be very leathal (notice that on Ryu tread i make it the opposite). I remember you said you will probably not gonna put the aerial final smash and making the Senretsukyaku the grond final smash (the lethal move i assume), it would kill a bit of the originality among the SF characters. I mean, i notice you're very good at making these kind of FS but we would have Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li with a deadly combo as a final smash ! That's would be kind of redundant don't you think ? Beside, although i don't approve this change of final smash, if you ultimatly decide to change it, you should know tht there a lot of better looking combo that would at least feel fill the "ultimate attack" spot better:

P.S: I think i forgot to mention the Up tilt in the feedback lastt time. I don't know remember how it look in the beta (i remember i said it look slightly off) but it still look odd today don't know why though. Hell maybe you leave it as it was LOL idon't know.

P.P.S: What do you think of my idea for Ryu entry?

お前はもう死んでいる。

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1978 on: March 03, 2013, 05:33:49 PM »

I'm still probably gonna change the FS. Its heavy on GFX that I don't like. And a physical FS looks a lot better then her just standing there with a giant ball of chii around her.

At any rate... thats something for another time. I may even have to give up on Chun-Li because of the two glitches I have no idea how to fix or even why they appear at all.

SonicUnderground316
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1979 on: March 04, 2013, 12:48:11 PM »

I'm still probably gonna change the FS. Its heavy on GFX that I don't like. And a physical FS looks a lot better then her just standing there with a giant ball of chi around her.

At any rate... thats something for another time. I may even have to give up on Chun-Li because of the two glitches I have no idea how to fix or even why they appear at all.

Guess I can't really make you cahnge you're mind on that huh? I'm still disapproving the change of FS but at the same time, i guess i don't really have much power on that descision, right ? Anyway, how about a compromise: a mix Final smash, if you will ? I mean, she could be doing a "Mega combo" (something even more brutal than the Senretsukyaku) but finish it with a Kikosho.  Something in this vein:

A New Challenge

Don't really like when she just running into Sonya to attack her but you get the idea i think, right? I might send a better video later

Wether or not this combo would be a lethal final smash is up to you. This combo would also be a great way to incorporate some of the move that didn't make it into her regular moveset. What do you say ? Then again i'm just throwing ideas here. Not to mention that this will depand if you figure out how to get rid of those f*cking glitchs. Hope you won't have to drop the project alltogether btw Oh shi~! I'll try the moveset with the TvC Chun-li model just to try to understand how this glitch work. Maybe you can try to find help with other animator if there not to busy (mostly ones that are more experienced than you).

Let me, know what do you think of the FS suggestion Wink !

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:35:17 PM by SonicUnderground316 » Logged

お前はもう死んでいる。

Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 158
    Print
    Jump to: