DAE Model Importing for Dummies

Started by BlackJax96, February 24, 2012, 02:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DJ Lowgey on May 08, 2012, 10:37:48 PM
How did you fix that?
I´m having the same error with 3ds max 2010 and 2011.
I downloaded the service packs and the plugin from the op.
But always If I try to import my dae´s I get the same errors you got.

Please help
oh I didn't fix it, FallenKing gave me a working dae instead. I guess you should PM him asking for the dae of the character you want.
I made it through the whole process normally with 3ds max 2012 after that.

Hey, they say DAE importing is for dummies can do now? D:



I guess so :D

Quote from: Segab on May 09, 2012, 02:14:51 AMoh I didn't fix it, FallenKing gave me a working dae instead. I guess you should PM him asking for the dae of the character you want. I made it through the whole process normally with 3ds max 2012 after that.

Oh I don´t know that the dae was the problem :D
Do you know why brawlbox export "not working dae´s" for some people?

Ok I tried this again after a break. Everything went fine until the deleting polygons part. (not far at all) I deleted them and the bones turned invisible. I tried deleting all but one polygon and the bones stayed visible but when I deleted that polygon the bones vanished. I have done this before and the problem never occurred so what's up?
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: toonlink444 on May 18, 2012, 10:22:40 PM
Ok I tried this again after a break. Everything went fine until the deleting polygons part. (not far at all) I deleted them and the bones turned invisible. I tried deleting all but one polygon and the bones stayed visible but when I deleted that polygon the bones vanished. I have done this before and the problem never occurred so what's up?

That's normal. The bones like to be invisible when there are no polygons showing.
Just import your model and the bones will show up again.

It worked thanks. And thanks for the very quick reply
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

May 19, 2012, 10:07:57 PM #141 Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:10:00 PM by Swift Red
I am constantly getting an application error whenever I try to import a .dae file. I am trying to import pikachu but I am getting no where. I also tried selecting opencollada but when I do nothing shows up. I've been trying to get this for hours and I need help. (Using 3DS max 2010)
~Swift Red

Did you download the plugin in the OP?
Also, sometimes you have to run 3ds Max as the administrator to get it to import correctly.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: ExorcistRain on May 20, 2012, 12:26:25 AM
Did you download the plugin in the OP?
Also, sometimes you have to run 3ds Max as the administrator to get it to import correctly.
Thank you so much! Running as administrator fixed it. Thank you!
~Swift Red

No problem, happened to me at first. Looking forward to your hacks, whatever they may be.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

New problem. I finished rigging and now I exported and the mdl0 had all my textures into one big texture. So I went back and found that the materials were assigned in one slot. I deleted this slot and started adding the correct texture to each object, but the put material to scene button was grayed out. I tried it again, same thing. I created a new object and tried to assign one of the included textures, it was STILL grayed out. What's the matter? Google isn't helping.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: toonlink444 on May 20, 2012, 05:14:37 PM
New problem. I finished rigging and now I exported and the mdl0 had all my textures into one big texture. So I went back and found that the materials were assigned in one slot. I deleted this slot and started adding the correct texture to each object, but the put material to scene button was grayed out. I tried it again, same thing. I created a new object and tried to assign one of the included textures, it was STILL grayed out. What's the matter? Google isn't helping.
click that button on the left to assign a texture, then click that button on the right to make it show up in viewport.


Quote from: Segab on May 21, 2012, 04:12:40 AM
click that button on the left to assign a texture, then click that button on the right to make it show up in viewport.

I know that, it's the assign texture button that's not working. It's unclickable.
Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
[spoiler]
Quote from: Ricky (Br3) on June 25, 2014, 06:40:22 PM
[white]This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

Quote from: toonlink444 on May 21, 2012, 11:15:28 PM
I know that, it's the assign texture button that's not working. It's unclickable.
well you could always just drag the textures onto the object