[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Here's one thing I ask of you all, on a side note: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. (You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR) We're all separate people when it boils down to it. Stop treating us like we're part of a collective, it's only certain people who have a beef against KCMM. I just make the damn alt costumes, lol. That also applies to other people on the art team.

I don't know what kind of politics there are relating to PMBR vs KCMM, but they're irrelevant to me as a modeler.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]



Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
Here's one thing I ask of you all: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR)

The biggest reason I believe that people refer to individuals such as yourself as PMBR is because (at least to me), I have no idea who the hell works on it. I just found out that you do, quite recently. I've been aware that Nano works on them too. But aside from that, I have no idea who else does. So who am I to address?

I envy your talent, I really do. But I can't help feel that it was a lost opportunity, even though this model turned out beautiful.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I say we should just be glad we're getting alternate costumes in the first place.

Quote from: Captain Falcon on July 22, 2014, 11:18:39 PM
The biggest reason I believe that people refer to individuals such as yourself as PMBR is because (at least to me), I have no idea who the hell works on it. I just found out that you do, quite recently. I've been aware that Nano works on them too. But aside from that, I have no idea who else does. So who am I to address?

I envy your talent, I really do. But I can't help feel that it was a lost opportunity, even though this model turned out beautiful.
Agreed.
Smashboards has a completely different (more competitive) community. They're more tourney-based than the folks here at KC:MM are.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
Here's one thing I ask of you all, on a side note: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. (You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR) We're all separate people when it boils down to it. Stop treating us like we're part of a collective, it's only certain people who have a beef against KCMM. I just make the damn alt costumes, lol. That also applies to other people on the art team.

I don't know what kind of politics there relating to PMBR vs KCMM, but they're irrelevant to me as a modeler.
Well, you just said "we like hearing your feedback." After naming a few people who we both know really don't want to hear anything from me.

I mean, we're not your target audience. Just kind of a fertile ground to pluck your creative artists from. Our opinion matters little.

You're honestly not someone I have a problem with. In fact, I have little problem with most of the modelers animators and PSAers in the PMBR, despite how it's obviously not a mutual feeling. I could hold it against them, what I've heard said about me and this whole community. I don't, because I really don't care as long as you don't come [censored]ting on Programming like Dant and friends did.

But if you're going out of your way to go all "we" and cover people who really don't care a rat's ass about what anyone on KCMM would say (especially not me and my insolent "pressing the issues" attitude) then sorry, yeah you're gonna get assimilated into the group of the KCMM haters.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quotethen sorry, yeah you're gonna get assimilated into the group of the KCMM haters.

But I don't hate KCMM you dingus, so don't lump me there

Also, I guess I should clarify: "We" means Starwaffle, Nano, Spex, and I. And probably a few others. Point is, the modelers like to hear what KCMM thinks.

Just like how some PMBR members like KCMM, others don't. It's a large group with a lot of opinions.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: TurboChaos on July 22, 2014, 11:20:07 PM
I say we should just be glad we're getting alternate costumes in the first place.

So we shouldn't make judgements and give critical feedback?

@SOJ:

I really can't take you at your word seeing as I know you're being so disingenuous with that statement, man. Come on. Could you be any more transparent?

A lot of people on Project M's Facebook and such may like the project (It's kinda plainly obvious just by looking at it), all the power to them for liking the project as is their right. Those people however are probably not very much for good, decent critical feedback though, I imagine, the majority of the time.

I can understand you guys being agitated by Mia commenting on anything related to the PMBR though, given he's done it pretty much with every chance he gets, and very much not always in the nicest or any way that isn't a jab. When you take someone's honest critique as an attack (which Pik here is (awesomely) not doing), that's a problem that needs to be addressed.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Pik on July 22, 2014, 11:37:59 PM
Also, I guess I should clarify: "We" means Starwaffle, Nano, Spex, and I. And probably a few others. Point is, the modelers like to hear what KCMM thinks.

Thanks, I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the information. Even though I'm not a complete fan of the Hector alt, I do like it. Still hoping for Raven


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't get it, I think the alt looks great.

I think you guys are forgetting it's an Ike costume, not Hector himself. It looks like what it's supposed to look like, in my opinion.

Seriously, look at them scratches! They look amazing.

I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.

Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever

Quote from: Gravity on July 23, 2014, 01:05:42 AM
I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.

Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever
I probably would if I cared one thing about Metroid. .w.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I personally would've come off more impressed with the Hector alt if they had gone as far as giving Hector's haircut to Ike, now that I've had a good look at Hector.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Gravity on July 23, 2014, 01:05:42 AM
I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.

Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever

I don't follow, and haven't played Metroid, so I can't really complain about stuff I don't know about.

Quote from: Taiko on July 23, 2014, 12:59:55 AM
I don't get it, I think the alt looks great.

I think you guys are forgetting it's an Ike costume, not Hector himself. It looks like what it's supposed to look like, in my opinion.

Seriously, look at them scratches! They look amazing.

Look at the hyper accurate Sigurd and then back at the alt. That's what my beef is about. We all agree that the detail and design itself is awesome.

Quote from: Velen on July 23, 2014, 01:28:45 AM
I personally would've come off more impressed with the Hector alt if they had gone as far as giving Hector's haircut to Ike, now that I've had a good look at Hector.

Defonitely this. I really wanted to see its full potential.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looking back at it, I guess there are differences between the Sigurd figurine and the alt itself. I was using a wrong reference, so my bad about what I said earlier on it.

Jacket is open and there are new linings all over the place. So it's not a perfect replica, but still pretty dang close to it.
I still think it's a more effective costume by virtue on improving and adding detail to the existing material, instead of directly altering it.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.