Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 728506 times)
Pik
Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2010 on: July 22, 2014, 05:15:10 PM »

Here's one thing I ask of you all, on a side note: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. (You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR) We're all separate people when it boils down to it. Stop treating us like we're part of a collective, it's only certain people who have a beef against KCMM. I just make the damn alt costumes, lol. That also applies to other people on the art team.

I don't know what kind of politics there are relating to PMBR vs KCMM, but they're irrelevant to me as a modeler.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:20:24 PM by Pik » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

SOJ
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2011 on: July 22, 2014, 05:17:45 PM »

Ok cool, thanks for the opinions.

Large Leader
    I'm shocked I'm allowed to still have this.
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2012 on: July 22, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »

Here's one thing I ask of you all: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR)

The biggest reason I believe that people refer to individuals such as yourself as PMBR is because (at least to me), I have no idea who the hell works on it. I just found out that you do, quite recently. I've been aware that Nano works on them too. But aside from that, I have no idea who else does. So who am I to address?

I envy your talent, I really do. But I can't help feel that it was a lost opportunity, even though this model turned out beautiful.

Quote from: Miacis
    In other words, LURK MORE.
    Quote from: LC-DDM
    In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    3. ... You seriously don't know who Clinton is?
    Quote from: Haseyo
    If only hacking Brawl paid bills.
    Quote from: Nanobuds
    O snap
    Quote from: DrPanda
    But you are in a Smash Bros. thread.
    You can't have an opinion here.

Turb0k
    Supreme Kitten

Something Stupid

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2013 on: July 22, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »

I say we should just be glad we're getting alternate costumes in the first place.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2014 on: July 22, 2014, 05:23:33 PM »

The biggest reason I believe that people refer to individuals such as yourself as PMBR is because (at least to me), I have no idea who the hell works on it. I just found out that you do, quite recently. I've been aware that Nano works on them too. But aside from that, I have no idea who else does. So who am I to address?

I envy your talent, I really do. But I can't help feel that it was a lost opportunity, even though this model turned out beautiful.
    Agreed.
    Smashboards has a completely different (more competitive) community. They're more tourney-based than the folks here at KC:MM are.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #2015 on: July 22, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »

Here's one thing I ask of you all, on a side note: Don't treat the PMBR 's opnions as one entity. (You say "your" as if I'm the entire PMBR) We're all separate people when it boils down to it. Stop treating us like we're part of a collective, it's only certain people who have a beef against KCMM. I just make the damn alt costumes, lol. That also applies to other people on the art team.

I don't know what kind of politics there relating to PMBR vs KCMM, but they're irrelevant to me as a modeler.
    Well, you just said "we like hearing your feedback." After naming a few people who we both know really don't want to hear anything from me.

I mean, we're not your target audience. Just kind of a fertile ground to pluck your creative artists from. Our opinion matters little.

You're honestly not someone I have a problem with. In fact, I have little problem with most of the modelers animators and PSAers in the PMBR, despite how it's obviously not a mutual feeling. I could hold it against them, what I've heard said about me and this whole community. I don't, because I really don't care as long as you don't come [censored]ting on Programming like Dant and friends did.

But if you're going out of your way to go all "we" and cover people who really don't care a rat's ass about what anyone on KCMM would say (especially not me and my insolent "pressing the issues" attitude) then sorry, yeah you're gonna get assimilated into the group of the KCMM haters.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2016 on: July 22, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »

then sorry, yeah you're gonna get assimilated into the group of the KCMM haters.

But I don't hate KCMM you dingus, so don't lump me there

Also, I guess I should clarify: "We" means Starwaffle, Nano, Spex, and I. And probably a few others. Point is, the modelers like to hear what KCMM thinks.

Just like how some PMBR members like KCMM, others don't. It's a large group with a lot of opinions.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 05:40:16 PM by Pik » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2017 on: July 22, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »

I say we should just be glad we're getting alternate costumes in the first place.

So we shouldn't make judgements and give critical feedback?

@SOJ:

I really can't take you at your word seeing as I know you're being so disingenuous with that statement, man. Come on. Could you be any more transparent?

A lot of people on Project M's Facebook and such may like the project (It's kinda plainly obvious just by looking at it), all the power to them for liking the project as is their right. Those people however are probably not very much for good, decent critical feedback though, I imagine, the majority of the time.

I can understand you guys being agitated by Mia commenting on anything related to the PMBR though, given he's done it pretty much with every chance he gets, and very much not always in the nicest or any way that isn't a jab. When you take someone's honest critique as an attack (which Pik here is (awesomely) not doing), that's a problem that needs to be addressed.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:11:07 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Diamond in the Rough Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2018 on: July 22, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »

Also, I guess I should clarify: "We" means Starwaffle, Nano, Spex, and I. And probably a few others. Point is, the modelers like to hear what KCMM thinks.

Thanks, I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the information. Even though I'm not a complete fan of the Hector alt, I do like it. Still hoping for Raven

In other news, birds fly, sun shines, fishes swim, and the sky is [censored]ing BLUE.
    O snap

Taiko
    Extreme Kitten

Taco++

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Active Contributor Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2019 on: July 22, 2014, 06:59:55 PM »

I don't get it, I think the alt looks great.

I think you guys are forgetting it's an Ike costume, not Hector himself. It looks like what it's supposed to look like, in my opinion.

Seriously, look at them scratches! They look amazing.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:00:46 PM by Taiko » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #2020 on: July 22, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »

I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.

Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #2021 on: July 22, 2014, 07:09:10 PM »

I think the issue is that they went out of their way to make a totally accurate Sigurd and took more liberties with Hector.

Which is totally petty since I don't see anyone complaining about Samus's Light Suit not being 100% totally accurate, but whatever
    I probably would if I cared one thing about Metroid. .w.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2022 on: July 22, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »

I personally would've come off more impressed with the Hector alt if they had gone as far as giving Hector's haircut to Ike, now that I've had a good look at Hector.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Large Leader
    Angel Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2023 on: July 22, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »

I don't follow, and haven't played Metroid, so I can't really complain about stuff I don't know about.

I don't get it, I think the alt looks great.

I think you guys are forgetting it's an Ike costume, not Hector himself. It looks like what it's supposed to look like, in my opinion.

Seriously, look at them scratches! They look amazing.

Look at the hyper accurate Sigurd and then back at the alt. That's what my beef is about. We all agree that the detail and design itself is awesome.

I personally would've come off more impressed with the Hector alt if they had gone as far as giving Hector's haircut to Ike, now that I've had a good look at Hector.

Defonitely this. I really wanted to see its full potential.

O snap

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #2024 on: July 22, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »

Looking back at it, I guess there are differences between the Sigurd figurine and the alt itself. I was using a wrong reference, so my bad about what I said earlier on it.

Jacket is open and there are new linings all over the place. So it's not a perfect replica, but still pretty dang close to it.
    I still think it's a more effective costume by virtue on improving and adding detail to the existing material, instead of directly altering it.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:08:32 PM by Miacis » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: