Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 735294 times)
Zikkh
Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1965 on: July 13, 2014, 02:00:33 AM »

Even if (s)he was credited on say, the main website for specifically creating Roy, people all over the internet wouldn't say "OMG good job Thany, I love Roy in P:M."
    They'd obviously still be saying "(The) Project M (Team) did a great job with Roy, I love him."

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Ganon-Punch
    Extreme Kitten

I need help on rigging models in Blender

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1966 on: July 13, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »

3 Pages of Arguments and no answer to Marioking64ds question ._.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1967 on: July 13, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »

3 Pages of Arguments and no answer to Marioking64ds question ._.
    It sounds like you don't know how to read walls of text.

First, about mariokingds64's waluigi. The process of choosing which characters will be included in the future in Project M is very intrincate and a lot of factors must be considered. We unfortunately cannot disclose how the process exactly happens, but a lot depends on what our members are willing to work with, the technical limitations, concept construction and consideration if it will be appealling to our whole public, from competitive players to those who only play the game for fun.

As the game is a non-profit effort, and will always be, having members willing to work on a character is key to make sure that it will indeed go forward. We receive character requests every day, including other people who wish to see a certain PSA in the game. But we cannot answer questions about those in order to avoid trouble in future, as it is possible that we can be working on a character but hurdles during development might force us to drop it.

We as a team have not confirmed nor deconfirmed Waluigi, but, we will not use PSAs by third persons. A character is extremely important for the game and we prefer to develop them inside the team with possible collaboration with outside artists for their aesthetics, this way we can have a greater degree of control over its development. It is the most professional way to handle character development in our situation. We hope you understand.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1968 on: July 14, 2014, 11:11:47 AM »

I fail to see how the legal definition of theft enters into the equation. Neither the PMBR nor this very website have a legal legitimacy, and SSBB Hacking in general is most certainly not following the law. Whether money is made or not, all the stuff that needs to be done to simply make hacks and install them goes against a whole lot of legislation related to reverse-engineering and bypassing contructor protection. Following your logic, a thief stealing from a thief isn't stealing anything. What about the whole "honor among thieves", especially when the theft is very minor?

tl;dr
    we all as modders cannot truly steal content from another modder

Nobody should arrive to that conclusion unless their desire is to bully creators into relinquishing their work for their own selfish motives.

As for the credits list and it being adressed in the next release... and about respecting those you collaborate you. I wish to believe you. I really do.

Unfortunately, I have it known from a longtime PMBR member that the PMBR doesn't care about crediting as long as no individual complaint is made. And even if there was, it's not even certain that action would be taken.
    Considering nothing has evolved in the past month since I first asked, and all the answers I received focused on "who complained to you about the credits?" I'm inclined to believe that no, nothing is going to be done.

You say Thany showed interest in being credited for the model and animations... and yet she wasn't credited for the model. Either I've been looking at the wrong place this entire time, or even when someone asks to be credited, nothing is done.
    And apparently, there isn't even anything related to PSAers in that list.

All this is especially ironic, considering Shanus was affirming with a lot of confidence last year or so that all assets were very thoroughly reviewed and examined before being added. I guess only the content matters and the author isn't very important after all.

For content produced by Project M Dev Team members, if they do not request a direct mention. Crediting the team will do to credit them, they are part of the team after all. It is an inside agreement and we should have talked about before.

What. What even is the reasoning behind that? Do content creators even know about their name being hidden from the credits, or was that made up just a few moments ago? Because I've never heard of such an agreement.

And even then, it's only just displacing the issue. If "people on the team" aren't credited, then why are some still credited? Because they thought about asking, but others didn't?
    That sounds like an incredibly loopholey way to do some favoritism.

As for the topic of being busy, yes, I can definitely sympathize. I can't count the number of times I've had to ruin my sleep schedule too because of solving issues on this forum. And when ds22 and Dant's littly club decides to launch a vendetta against our users, it's surprisingly difficult to sleep in a relaxed state of mind.
    I'm sure there more than just the two of us who are very busy bees without needing monetary compensation, though.

Even then, my point still stands. If promotion and organizing tournaments counts as a much higher priority than the most basic of authorial aknowledgement, then there's kind of a big problem in the mentality of the PMBR. If this was a sold product, it would be the equivalent of putting "more sales" over actually paying your employees. The question of crediting does not even seem to have been raised until I went and asked.
    If the team screws up so early in development and you don't have time later to fix it, then find someone who can make time for it. Don't give us a vague "yeah, we're sorry we'll be working on it at some point perhaps"

Even if (s)he was credited on say, the main website for specifically creating Roy, people all over the internet wouldn't say "OMG good job Thany, I love Roy in P:M."
    They'd obviously still be saying "(The) Project M (Team) did a great job with Roy, I love him."

That is, only if you assume people who never look at credits. People who don't care about who did what are not my concern here.

Heck, even if nobody ever looked at credits. Like, ever. Does that make it right to credit the wrong people? No.
    But as things stand, just take someone who wants to mod the P:M assets and wishes to be respectful to whoever made the original asset. They cannot do that properly. So that one Roy recolor on the Vault will be credited to/collabed with... "Pik, StarWaffle, Nanobuds, Spex 130, jiang."

Or worse "the PMBR."
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:55:03 AM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1969 on: July 15, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

Project M Turbo Contest Announcement!

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1970 on: July 15, 2014, 02:13:43 PM »

Also:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/2askfp/project_m_art_tuesdays_dark_meta_knight_reveal/

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:14:53 PM by Nαno » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1971 on: July 15, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »

so how do we share replays anyway?

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1972 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:52 PM »

Save them to your SD card and send the file in.

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1973 on: July 15, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »

That looks sick. What's even more sick is that we're getting consistent updates on a weekly basis now, great stuff.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1974 on: July 19, 2014, 12:56:51 PM »

i have a important question, will there ever be a PAL version? if so, is it planned already?

also, why does everybody keep negating PAL's existance?

i mean, Europe is pretty big you know?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1975 on: July 19, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »

i have a important question, will there ever be a PAL version? if so, is it planned already?
    We're currently looking into it.

also, why does everybody keep negating PAL's existance?
    We're well aware of PAL's existence. Our codes are always updating. And since PAL codes are different than NTSC/J's codes, there will need to be two codesets that need updating, rather than one. It would be best to focus on just one codeset, then convert it when it's finished.
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:29:09 PM by KingOfChaos » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1976 on: July 19, 2014, 01:36:22 PM »

so, 'murican and japanese codes are the same?

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1977 on: July 19, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »

so, 'murican and japanese codes are the same?
    That's correct.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1978 on: July 19, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-lack-of-pal-support-is-laughable.358705/#post-16923566

yup.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1979 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »

oh nice, so that was posted a month ago, and no further reply on the specification questions, so yeah, do you guys have any idea of when it may be done?
    will it come with the next update, or will it come AFTER "any" update?

like U.S: "insert date here"
    EU: "insert later date here"

i would have no problem with the latter option, as long as i can get my PAL P:M Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: