[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

I need to admit, roy looks pretty sweet.
I am not quite into the ProjectM/vBrawl/Brawl+\- hacks cause I play hacks on normal play but what does turbo mode do?

also, I need to ask but, how do people get selected to the PMBR and why is it so holy? :/
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
I need to admit, roy looks pretty sweet.
I am not quite into the ProjectM/vBrawl/Brawl+\- hacks cause I play hacks on normal play but what does turbo mode do?
You can tell just by watching the videos...

Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
also, I need to ask but, how do people get selected to the PMBR and why is it so holy? :/
People apply on their website.

Quote from: pikazz on September 25, 2013, 05:26:52 PM
I need to admit, roy looks pretty sweet.
I am not quite into the ProjectM/vBrawl/Brawl+\- hacks cause I play hacks on normal play but what does turbo mode do?

also, I need to ask but, how do people get selected to the PMBR and why is it so holy? :/
Turbo mode allows you to cancel out of each attack to make some sick combos.

As Albafika said, you gotta fill out an application on SmashMods if you want in to the PMBR.

Looking at the video, and some of the other characters.

I think some of them could uses some new, completely custom graphic models to add more flavor to them. Unless Row has one for Flare Blade, it would be pretty cool to see a custom model for the move's "Slash".

Lucario I think could use a couple custom effect models too. Namely for his Shoryuken and Super Aura Sphere. It would take Project M to the next level in terms of dividing itself from Brawl.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 25, 2013, 06:21:23 PM
As Albafika said, you gotta fill out an application on SmashMods if you want in to the PMBR.
That is, if you haven't proven yourself to have godly modding skills and are abducted into the PMBR like Vaanrose was...
I kid about the "abducting" part. (;

Might I also guess that 3.0 is probably going to come out around November, seeing as Roy is going to be demoed in mid October as a pre-3.0 exclusive on Day 2 of some event?


Quote from: FitNanobuds06.pcs on September 24, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
Turbo Tuesday Roy
http://youtu.be/w36i1LkbvYM
Awesome job on Roy!
I didn't know that he could be so smexy!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Queen ~ Akeno-sempai on September 26, 2013, 07:29:37 PM
Awesome job on Roy!
I didn't know that he could be so smexy!
Well, then you don't know much about Roy.

In the game he starred in, all the girls were all over him. Like a boss, he was completely oblivious to it, and yet was still a complete gentleman toward them.


September 27, 2013, 04:10:15 PM #487 Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:17:24 PM by Queen ~ Akeno-sempai
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 27, 2013, 02:29:13 AM
Well, then you don't know much about Roy.

In the game he starred in, all the girls were all over him. Like a boss, he was completely oblivious to it, and yet was still a complete gentleman toward them.
Sorry for being an ignorant, I knew Roy in Melee ONLY (never played Fire Emblem). And he was my favorite character...
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Queen ~ Akeno-sempai on September 27, 2013, 04:10:15 PM
Quote from: FitKageRyuMotionEtc on September 27, 2013, 02:29:13 AM
Well, then you don't know much about Roy.

In the game he starred in, all the girls were all over him. Like a boss, he was completely oblivious to it, and yet was still a complete gentleman toward them.
Sorry for being an ignorant, I knew Roy in Melee ONLY (never played Fie Emblem). And he was my favorite character...
Oh boy.

September 27, 2013, 04:18:09 PM #489 Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:19:26 PM by Queen ~ Akeno-sempai
Quote from: Albafika on September 27, 2013, 04:12:13 PM
Sorry for being an ignorant, I knew Roy in Melee ONLY (never played Fire Emblem). And he was my favorite character...
Oh boy.
Lol... Didn't know that my "r" have been forgotten
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities

Theeeeere we go, that's what I was looking for. Interesting read. I figured they were using the dummy slots.

Kinda makes me sad that 7 is the limit, and that clones are likely to be favored over adding completely new characters, but whatevs, it makes sense. Looking forward to seeing who else may be added in the future.




On a different note, has anyone experienced a "bug" of sorts with Ivysaur's Neutral B? I've noticed that if you're holding B while a time-slowing event occurs (like Donkey Kong's Final Smash), he regains a ton of health in a short period of time.

Not game breaking, but it's there. :1

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
A little clone engine insight

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities
Thanks for posting that. It's pretty great how they answered basically everything people were asking without revealing any content. It's good to know about the 7 character limit and legal limitations, even if they are restrictions. It lets us know what's possible.

I'm still calling Mewtwo, as the next CE character.

Thanks for the blog post. So the engine works basically how I imagined it would.

Quote from: Gravity on September 27, 2013, 10:22:04 PM
On a different note, has anyone experienced a "bug" of sorts with Ivysaur's Neutral B? I've noticed that if you're holding B while a time-slowing event occurs (like Donkey Kong's Final Smash), he regains a ton of health in a short period of time.

Not game breaking, but it's there. :1
Try grabbing someone while time is slowed. Then laugh.

I dub it, "The Wiggle"
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on September 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
A little clone engine insight

http://projectmgame.com/en/news/clone-engine-blogpost-limits-restrictions-and-possibilities

Pretty interesting read,I'm still curious though, If the Project M dev team is worried about adding 3rd party characters due to legal issues, then does that mean that a stage like Dracula's castle would need to be cut?

I also find the Sm4sh discussion interesting too, as there is already stuff in demo 2.6 that also appear in Sm4sh, so I'm hoping those don't go away. It really is going to be interesting what the character selection is beyond the likes of Roy and (The extremely likely) Mewtwo.

It does bear to question of, will we see more new semi clones like say Dixie kong or will we get new characters like Ridley? It's very interesting to see what direction the clone engine will cause Project M to go.