Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 736334 times)
Kage Ryu
Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #495 on: September 28, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

I also find the Sm4sh discussion interesting too, as there is already stuff in demo 2.6 that also appear in Sm4sh, so I'm hoping those don't go away.
    Pretty much everything that was also revealed in the fourth Smash game was revealed well after they appeared in P:M, such as Skyloft.

Besides, Skyloft is a completely different stage in P:M, fuction-wise. It's just a certain portion of the Hyrule Temple stage reskinned for a Skyward Sword look and the main island of Skyloft in the background. From what we've seen of the fourth Smash game so far, the actual fighting area isn't even comparable.

Not sure about the Castlevania stage, but it was based on the NES title, so...

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #496 on: September 28, 2013, 01:23:15 PM »

Pretty much everything that was also revealed in the fourth Smash game was revealed well after they appeared in P:M, such as Skyloft.

Besides, Skyloft is a completely different stage in P:M, fuction-wise. It's just a certain portion of the Hyrule Temple stage reskinned for a Skyward Sword look and the main island of Skyloft in the background. From what we've seen of the fourth Smash game so far, the actual fighting area isn't even comparable.

Not sure about the Castlevania stage, but it was based on the NES title, so...

I'm just worried about the Castlevania stage since Nintendo doesn't actually own Castlevania, Konami does. And also, the parts used to make the stage were taken straight from Castlevania Judgement... so meh.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #497 on: September 28, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »

To stay in Nintendo's good graces and to avoid attracting Cease & Desist letters from 3rd party companies, we are limiting our choice of new characters to those that Nintendo has already licensed for inclusion in Brawl.
    What.
    Did the P:M team recently receive the visit of a Nintendo official who told them they were doing a cool job?

I understand that there's no point attracting the attention of 3rd parties, but I doubt adding Nintendo characters that haven't already been licensed would change anything.  Undecided
    If they want to shut down the project, they will. They won't go "Oh hey, they were nice enough to care about licensing issues within our own brand. I guess we'll completely forget about that whole hacking the console and the game thing."
    « Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:43:18 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #498 on: September 28, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »

What.
    Did the P:M team recently receive the visit of a Nintendo official who told them they were doing a cool job?

I understand that there's no point attracting the attention of 3rd parties, but I doubt adding Nintendo characters that haven't already been licensed would change anything.  Undecided
    If they want to shut down the project, they will. They won't go "Oh hey, they were nice enough to care about licensing issues within our own brand. I guess we'll completely forget about that whole hacking the console and the game thing."

That yellow part. I don't even...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Kage Ryu
    Supreme Kitten

The Infrequent Modder

• Awards Heart Container Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #499 on: September 29, 2013, 02:55:18 AM »

What.

I would imagine it's more of a "they didn't receive a visit from a Nintendo official yet and they'd like to keep it that way" sort of thing.

But I'm not a PMBR member, so that's simply a guess.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #500 on: September 29, 2013, 03:59:23 AM »

What.

I agree with this post so strongly and tried to state the same thing at Smashboards in a different topic, but everyone is too damn paranoid to think straight.

They should just take the chances and try to get away with as much as possible until it actually looks like they have to back it up a bit. THEN they can worry.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »

I would imagine it's more of a "they didn't receive a visit from a Nintendo official yet and they'd like to keep it that way" sort of thing.

But I'm not a PMBR member, so that's simply a guess.
    This pretty much sums it up.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »

This pretty much sums it up.
    I was kinda just making fun of the ways it was formulated. You stay in one's good graces only when you already are in one's good graces. If not getting a boot to the head from Nintendo is called that, then I guess Nintendo loves a whole lot of hackers they don't even care about.

They should just take the chances and try to get away with as much as possible until it actually looks like they have to back it up a bit. THEN they can worry.
    Well, I wouldn't exactly say that either. The moment they "have to back it up a bit" will also be the moment when the hammer falls and they don't have to worry about their project at all anymore... Tongue
    I'm just saying that, if it ever does fall, it won't be because of unlicensed Nintendo, but simply because of everything that's unauthorized in the very process of creating and setting up the mod.

Same idea for KCMM, really, except we have 3rd parties to worry about too.
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:43:42 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #503 on: October 01, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »

Turbo Mario!
    Project M Turbo Tuesdays: Mario

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #504 on: October 01, 2013, 06:51:15 PM »

Holy [censored].

How was the Dr. Mario magic preformed!? o0o
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:52:23 PM by KingSexyPuff » Logged

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #505 on: October 01, 2013, 06:53:28 PM »

Even I don't know that. But yeah... he's an alt costume, but uses the Pill and Electric effects.

He isn't a clone.

Now you guys know what us modelers have been up too on the PMBR.

Ninka_kiwi
    Holy Kitten

Burn my Dread

• Awards 16-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #506 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:13 PM »

Wait, what, Alt costumes I'm assuming are working with cbliss, but how the [censored] does Doc have his pills...

You [censored]ing wizards

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #507 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:52 PM »

guys

Guys

GUYS

Mario confirmed for Project M!

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #508 on: October 01, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »

Holy [censored].

How was the Dr. Mario magic preformed!? o0o
    its an alt
    its pretty cool how they were able to transform from regular mario to dr mario, the method i know of does not do it simultaneously
    they could probably extend it as much as to change the moveset/psa too(which is possible atm but yet again not simultaneously), but they would have to figure out a way for it only to affect the player fighting, and not other of the same based characters
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:59:34 PM by FitMr.MW01.pcs » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #509 on: October 01, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »

Nah. He has the same stats. Just the aesthetics are different.

The "transformation" in the video is just an effect for the video. Same replay, different model, edited to look cool in the video.

The model wasn't switched mid-play.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:01:36 PM by Nanobuds » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: