[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.



Quote from: Spex130 on October 03, 2013, 01:53:52 AM
But, will there be alts for every character?

That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.

Quote from: Dmickolas on October 03, 2013, 01:54:44 AM
Wait, how much is intended to be added? I have cBliss+CSE+P:M2.6b running right now at about a gigabyte. lol
You have to keep in mind Roy, and the possible chance for more clones in the future.

We need more CSPs, BP, stock icons, some SFX (Roy/Dr. Mario), and all the moveset data for each character.

Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:03:16 AM
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
You have to keep in mind Roy, and the possible chance for more clones in the future.

We need more CSPs, BP, stock icons, some SFX (Roy/Dr. Mario), and all the moveset data for each character.
That's awesome!

That's true, although I didn't know it would take up that much space...

We also have to take in hitboxes/hurtboxes.

So not all possible alts will be possible.

You guys could probably put a lot in... I use 3 custom builds on one SD (one with all music,characters, and stages replaced) and it only runs me about 800mb/2gb
Personally I would like to see:
Ness have Ninten (earthbound)
Lucas have Claus (even moar)
Marth have Awakening Marth (the Vault model?)
and
Mewtwo to have X&Y (if you ever confirm him  :P )


Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

You know what.
I wasn't normally gonna spring for Project: M, but I ahve a spare 2GB SD card I can use to play P:M (cuz I don't feel like tampering with my setup on my main SD card).

And that Dr. Mario I saw recently. Hoooooly [censored]. Legit. And latex gloves for even more legitness.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:03:16 AM
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
You have to keep in mind Roy, and the possible chance for more clones in the future.

We need more CSPs, BP, stock icons, some SFX (Roy/Dr. Mario), and all the moveset data for each character.

Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:20:22 AM
We also have to take in hitboxes/hurtboxes.

So not all possible alts will be possible.
Saying 2GBs isn't enough for that might be your personal estimate, but it can't be true. Better re-count the size again, I'd suggest.

Don't know if you guys have been asked this, but are you guys gonna include cBliss in the next build?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on October 03, 2013, 05:03:21 AM
Don't know if you guys have been asked this, but are you guys gonna include cBliss in the next build?

...

We have our own alt engine. It's literally been the entire topic of discussion the past couple of pages :V

Quote from: Spex130 on October 03, 2013, 01:53:52 AM
But, will there be alts for every character?
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 03, 2013, 02:03:16 AM
That's the plan. We may not have alts for every character by 3.0 though.
Well then, I know who I'm putting as my Ness alt in my own copy of P:M.
Even though he's already one of the costume slots in my copy...


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 03, 2013, 07:21:22 AM
...

We have our own alt engine. It's literally been the entire topic of discussion the past couple of pages :V
I was just asking, dude. I just joined the conversation :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



I don't mean to continually ask questions, but they keep coming to me. lol

* Do you guys know the limit for added slots for each character?

* How do SFX work for the alts? Are they entirely separate files from the base character's SFX? I run Melee ones for Mario, for instance, so I want to know if it will interfere.

Marth should have Fire Emblem 12/13 Marth, Sonic should have the Robo-Sim-Sonic, Link - Skyloft costume, Fox- Comand outfit(Brawl Face), Wolf- Starfox64 wolf. The possibilities are endless!