[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: silver856 on October 05, 2013, 08:29:38 PM
Marth should have Fire Emblem 12/13 Marth, Sonic should have the Robo-Sim-Sonic, Link - Skyloft costume, Fox- Comand outfit(Brawl Face), Wolf- Starfox64 wolf. The possibilities are endless!
Personally I would like them to get a little more creative with it and give us characters that look astonishingly different while acting the same.

ex: Metal Sonic over Sonic (I assume you were referring to something else). He could use all sorts of mechanical SFX, change the spin moves to his Black Shield, etc. He's similar enough to Sonic to make it work without it being uninteresting. Here's the Black Shield, best known from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Honestly, I'm not quite sure which direction they're gonna go with the characters after Mario, but I hope it's like the above. Replacing textures is really easy, and while it'd be nice to have things that are well rigged like Dr. Mario's coat, I would rather have things that also incorporate other differences like GFX and SFX that aren't possible without their engine (or overriding something else).

EDIT: quick changes for clarification

I was thinking Metal Sonic at first, but then  I thought I metal sonic with Sonic's voice. Wait a sec, can they change sfx?

Quote from: silver856 on October 05, 2013, 11:16:45 PM
I was thinking Metal Sonic at first, but then  I thought I metal sonic with Sonic's voice. Wait a sec, can they change sfx?
Yup! Doc had his pill SFX, and Nanobuds confirmed it here, too. That's why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to go a little further with it.


Quote from: Dmickolas on October 05, 2013, 11:28:31 PM
Yup! Doc had his pill SFX, and Nanobuds confirmed it here, too. That's why I thought it'd be a good idea for them to go a little further with it.

We used SFX for doc's separate attacks, but I never confirmed giving a single alt a whole soundbank makeover.

Quote from: Nanobuds on October 06, 2013, 12:36:15 AM
We used SFX for doc's separate attacks, but I never confirmed giving a single alt a whole soundbank makeover.
Oh. I'm not saying that you guys would do a full overhaul, but I presumed that it was possible, considering how normal SFX works. It isn't, then?

Each character has a handful of empty SFX clips.  Enough for a few changes such as with Doc's pills but not enough for an entire character soundbank. 

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 06, 2013, 01:07:06 AM
Each character has a handful of empty SFX clips.  Enough for a few changes such as with Doc's pills but not enough for an entire character soundbank.  
Ah, okay; now I understand. You guys are just modifying the original .pac file to put in more sounds, and then rerouting it to your alt slots. Something like the example I gave wouldn't require too many different sounds, though (at least with how I envision it). Theoretically, would you guys consider making an alt character with a moderately unique soundbank, assuming you could make it work with the slots open on that character?

Can't wait for 3.0, this is promising to be the biggest update yet. I was kind of disappointed when 2.6 didn't have turbo mode, but there's so much being added now that I don't really care anymore.

Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
:srs:

Im not sure if im understanding this sfx converstion
but sfx loading for alternate costumes does not break file size
because the game is loading the soundbrsar only once, but it loads dfferent sfx per character whenever the alt costume code is executed
its possible to have a complete different sfx for alternate costumes with fp 3.5.3 by the way

Quote from: Rage83 on October 06, 2013, 05:05:55 AM
Does beating level 9 CPUs qualify me as "TOURNAMENT-CALIBER SKILL" for a PM application?
:srs:
No.

CPU =/= Human. Human > CPU.

A lot of people can easily beat Lv 9 CPUs, but have a Hell of a time against Human players.

The PMBR would not be impressed.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

^ Right. What I was asking is whether or not they would hypothetically consider filling up the empty slots for the character in the brsar, and use those (if there's enough slots) to make an almost unique soundbank for the alt character. I realize you can't place in too many sounds, but I assume it'd be enough for characters that don't speak or are otherwise simple in design. (and I haven't heard of them using 3.5.3, so that's not an option as far as I know)

Quote from: Dmickolas on October 06, 2013, 01:59:59 PM
^ Right. What I was asking is whether or not they would hypothetically consider filling up the empty slots for the character in the brsar, and use those (if there's enough slots) to make an almost unique soundbank for the alt character. I realize you can't place in too many sounds, but I assume it'd be enough for characters that don't speak or are otherwise simple in design. (and I haven't heard of them using 3.5.3, so that's not an option as far as I know)
i think they are swapping sfx and costumes(instead of adding), therefore filesize is not a problem

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on October 06, 2013, 04:26:56 PM
i think they are swapping sfx and costumes(instead of adding), therefore filesize is not a problem
Oh. So you think it's like 3.5.3, but just for characters, and with no SFX and GFX glitching?