[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 17, 2013, 12:01:17 AM #675 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:02:55 AM by Miacis
Quote from: Tttttsd on October 16, 2013, 11:21:13 PM
I think there's a limit you can expect, especially from a community based project. What I see right now looks very nice and I'm satisfied with it myself.
When they make weekly videos, have an official website, get themselves interviewed in podcasts and on IGN, and overally take their role in the SSBB FGC rather seriously, then yes, I think people will expect a lot, and then some.
If you create a project and act like a very serious modder, expect to be judged as such.

Speaking of which, are you guys going to fix that Mewtwo page? .w.

EDIT: Like I'm there to give any lessons. My finger slipped and I accidentally sent the topic to the Recycle Bin. I am so sorry for all the broken message icons. x_x
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I'm not saying to set a low standard, but reasonability is also pretty darn important. Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I could've been.

October 17, 2013, 12:26:20 AM #677 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:35:17 AM by HaloedHero
I'm happy with the way his animations came out, personally. In my hardly objective opinion, he is the best animated Smash fan character there is while still also requiring more 100% custom animations than any other character. Any other character that has been successfully completed at this level of quality, that is. I will rest easy with that.

On the "if you think you can do better, go ahead" subject, if you go that route, it'd be great if you proved you can do better on a different character, because people still want more and I'm to ******* tired to will another character into existence.

As a side note, after Mewtwo is released with PM, his animations fall under my regular policy of "you can use my stuff without even needing to ask as long as you credit me." If you want to improve the animations, be my guest.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

When was the last time you checked the page? It was tweaked on Tuesday.

It's because the usual writers of the character pages weren't available at the time the page was originally made and when Mewtwo was revealed that the original revision read like an NES era translation.

If it has further issues, lemme know so I can take a hand at fixing them.

Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 12:26:20 AM
I'm happy with the way his animations came out, personally. In my hardly objective opinion, he is the best animated Smash fan character there is while still also requiring more 100% custom animations than any other character. I will rest easy with that.
As you should, I believe. It might even be smoother than Melee Mewtwo...

Why people are citing the animation/rigging work and saying it's only the best you guys could do (or worse, that it isn't) is beyond me. I think the PMBR should be held to a high standard, because that's what you want and it's what you give out. This seems like no exception.

October 17, 2013, 09:01:23 AM #680 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:33:44 AM by Miacis
Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 12:26:20 AM
On the "if you think you can do better, go ahead" subject, if you go that route, it'd be great if you proved you can do better on a different character.
That still doesn't make much sense. You don't need to have practiced the art to be able to judge it fairly. A lot of people here have been on KCMM since the dawn of SSBB hacking, and are perfectly aware of the limitations of SSBB hacking and of what great model hackers can pull off.

Really, you don't need to be a producer to be a movie critic. No offense meant, but it's just a logic biased by pride, to try and discredit the opinion of a bunchof people. An artist and his peers have never the best judges of his own work. (see internet use of"circle-jerking")

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 17, 2013, 12:31:02 AM
If it has further issues, lemme know so I can take a hand at fixing them.
I'm no native speaker, but I've been studying university English for 3 years now and I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with almost every sentence:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


But that's only the tip of the iceberg, tbh. It'd be best to have a decent writer take a few minutes and rewrite the whole page into something more fluent and seamless. While not grammatically incorrect, it's just difficult to hold my chuckles when I read about Mewtwo's "increased stats", "elegant movements", "deep mix-ups", and other "vehicles" scattered across random sentences.

(Also, that thing about ROB is still kind of an insult to video game history.)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM #681 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:25:51 PM by HaloedHero
Quote from: Miacis on October 17, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
That still doesn't make much sense. You don't need to have practiced the art to be able to judge it fairly. A lot of people here have been on KCMM since the dawn of SSBB hacking, and are perfectly aware of the limitations of SSBB hacking and of what great model hackers can pull off.

Really, you don't need to be a producer to be a movie critic. No offense meant, but it's just a logic biased by pride, to try and discredit the opinion of a bunchof people. An artist and his peers have never the best judges of his own work. (see internet use of"circle-jerking")

Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.


There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
It's fine, we all love you, Haloed. <3

Now, that topic has been slive for 3 pages, and the one who stafted it hasn't said a word since then... Some people just [censored] for the sake of it.

Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.

The internet is tone-deaf man. What's obvious to you will not be obvious to everybody, so in order to get a joke across effectively, you need to be more explicit that it's a joke, or very heavily imply it. Otherwise, it will be lost on people who don' know you well.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302


Quote from: Nanobuds on October 17, 2013, 02:56:51 PM
So... How about dem turbo Mewtwo combos?

Nano pls, how can you talk about combos when there are grammar errors to be fixed?



Quote from: HaloedHero on October 17, 2013, 01:22:37 PM
Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
Honestly, it took me 3 re-reads to see where the punchline was. And I'm still not sure if you were heavily sarcastic in the first paragraph or not. Regardless, my bad.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

October 17, 2013, 09:12:53 PM #689 Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:42:30 PM by Don Jon Bravo
Quote from: Gravity on October 17, 2013, 03:56:08 PM
Nano pls, how can you talk about combos when there are grammar errors to be fixed?
this, and a response from you to Tcll
will get you several nominations this year...