Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 166
Author Topic: [Official] Project M discussion: RIP  (Read 735724 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #675 on: October 16, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »

I think there's a limit you can expect, especially from a community based project. What I see right now looks very nice and I'm satisfied with it myself.
    When they make weekly videos, have an official website, get themselves interviewed in podcasts and on IGN, and overally take their role in the SSBB FGC rather seriously, then yes, I think people will expect a lot, and then some.
    If you create a project and act like a very serious modder, expect to be judged as such.

Speaking of which, are you guys going to fix that Mewtwo page? .w.

EDIT: Like I'm there to give any lessons. My finger slipped and I accidentally sent the topic to the Recycle Bin. I am so sorry for all the broken message icons. x_x
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:02:55 PM by Miacis » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Tttttsd
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #676 on: October 16, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »

I'm not saying to set a low standard, but reasonability is also pretty darn important. Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I could've been.

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #677 on: October 16, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »

I'm happy with the way his animations came out, personally. In my hardly objective opinion, he is the best animated Smash fan character there is while still also requiring more 100% custom animations than any other character. Any other character that has been successfully completed at this level of quality, that is. I will rest easy with that.

On the "if you think you can do better, go ahead" subject, if you go that route, it'd be great if you proved you can do better on a different character, because people still want more and I'm to ******* tired to will another character into existence.

As a side note, after Mewtwo is released with PM, his animations fall under my regular policy of "you can use my stuff without even needing to ask as long as you credit me." If you want to improve the animations, be my guest.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:35:17 PM by HaloedHero » Logged

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #678 on: October 16, 2013, 06:31:02 PM »

When was the last time you checked the page? It was tweaked on Tuesday.

It's because the usual writers of the character pages weren't available at the time the page was originally made and when Mewtwo was revealed that the original revision read like an NES era translation.

If it has further issues, lemme know so I can take a hand at fixing them.

PseudoTypical
    Extreme Kitten

Browsin' internetz

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #679 on: October 16, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »

I'm happy with the way his animations came out, personally. In my hardly objective opinion, he is the best animated Smash fan character there is while still also requiring more 100% custom animations than any other character. I will rest easy with that.
    As you should, I believe. It might even be smoother than Melee Mewtwo...

Why people are citing the animation/rigging work and saying it's only the best you guys could do (or worse, that it isn't) is beyond me. I think the PMBR should be held to a high standard, because that's what you want and it's what you give out. This seems like no exception.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #680 on: October 17, 2013, 03:01:23 AM »

On the "if you think you can do better, go ahead" subject, if you go that route, it'd be great if you proved you can do better on a different character.
    That still doesn't make much sense. You don't need to have practiced the art to be able to judge it fairly. A lot of people here have been on KCMM since the dawn of SSBB hacking, and are perfectly aware of the limitations of SSBB hacking and of what great model hackers can pull off.

Really, you don't need to be a producer to be a movie critic. No offense meant, but it's just a logic biased by pride, to try and discredit the opinion of a bunchof people. An artist and his peers have never the best judges of his own work. (see internet use of"circle-jerking")

If it has further issues, lemme know so I can take a hand at fixing them.
    I'm no native speaker, but I've been studying university English for 3 years now and I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with almost every sentence:

"we altered his stats that is befitting of Mewtwo" < If not grammatically incorrect, that sounds extremely clunky.
    "Some examples include, but not limited to," < Lacking a verb in the second clause.
    "Mewtwo struggled in approaching" < Struggled to approach?
    "his organic actions" < What exactly is an organic action? oô
    "adding their own finesse that will soon be unveiled" < Again, if not grammatically incorrect, that sounds extremely clunky.
    "Every single attack that Mewtwo had at his disposal [...] are restored" < That should be in singular form there.
    "his staple moves such as [...] have been restored to their former glory. " < That doesn't make much sense, considering those moves didn't change from Melee to P:M. There's nothing to "restore".
    "perform anything out of Teleport except for Air Dodge" < Air dodges? Air-dodging? An Air Dodge?
    "Incorporate this advantage to your gameplay" < Incorporate into?
    "Though, the inputs are familiar" < This comma shouldn't be in that sentence.

But that's only the tip of the iceberg, tbh. It'd be best to have a decent writer take a few minutes and rewrite the whole page into something more fluent and seamless. While not grammatically incorrect, it's just difficult to hold my chuckles when I read about Mewtwo's "increased stats", "elegant movements", "deep mix-ups", and other "vehicles" scattered across random sentences.

(Also, that thing about ROB is still kind of an insult to video game history.)
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:33:44 AM by Miacis » Logged

HaloedHero
    Extreme Kitten

Come and get me, haters.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector >9000 Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #681 on: October 17, 2013, 07:22:37 AM »

That still doesn't make much sense. You don't need to have practiced the art to be able to judge it fairly. A lot of people here have been on KCMM since the dawn of SSBB hacking, and are perfectly aware of the limitations of SSBB hacking and of what great model hackers can pull off.

Really, you don't need to be a producer to be a movie critic. No offense meant, but it's just a logic biased by pride, to try and discredit the opinion of a bunchof people. An artist and his peers have never the best judges of his own work. (see internet use of"circle-jerking")

Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:25:51 AM by HaloedHero » Logged

There is no power quite like the power of understanding.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #682 on: October 17, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »

Please notice that I put it in quotes for a reason, as it is extremely thin logic, and I was just using it to make a joke. The punchline of what was, I thought, obviously a joke seems to be missing from your quote.
    It's fine, we all love you, Haloed. <3

Now, that topic has been slive for 3 pages, and the one who stafted it hasn't said a word since then... Some people just [censored] for the sake of it.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #683 on: October 17, 2013, 08:51:47 AM »

The internet is tone-deaf man. What's obvious to you will not be obvious to everybody, so in order to get a joke across effectively, you need to be more explicit that it's a joke, or very heavily imply it. Otherwise, it will be lost on people who don' know you well.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #684 on: October 17, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »

So... How about dem turbo Mewtwo combos?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #685 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »

So... How about dem turbo Mewtwo combos?

Nano pls, how can you talk about combos when there are grammar errors to be fixed?

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #686 on: October 17, 2013, 10:33:50 AM »

I'm is very sorry.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #687 on: October 17, 2013, 11:16:50 AM »

lol who gave the middle schooler a thesaurus and told him to write the mewtwo page?

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #688 on: October 17, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »

Honestly, it took me 3 re-reads to see where the punchline was. And I'm still not sure if you were heavily sarcastic in the first paragraph or not. Regardless, my bad.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #689 on: October 17, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »

Nano pls, how can you talk about combos when there are grammar errors to be fixed?
    this, and a response from you to Tcll
    will get you several nominations this year...
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:42:30 PM by Don Jon Bravo » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 166
    Print
    Jump to: