[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mansta8 on October 30, 2013, 03:36:13 AM
I hope it's his mgs1 sneaking suit, that was my favorite outfit he had.

Yeah I'm thinking either MGS1 or Big Boss.

However, Pik did make an MGS4 Old Snake Texture a while back, so I doubt it'd be out of the spectrum to think an updated version of that would be his alt.

Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 30, 2013, 02:55:53 AM
I think it would be either Old Snake or Liquid Snake, or maybe even Big Boss, I'm wondering what Pit's or Adult Link's is going to be

Liquid wouldn't make sense, neither would Big Boss, since they made Snake a composite character. Only one that really fits -this- Snake is Old Snake.

Link's is obvious, either Fierce Deity or Skyward Link. Pit's is moot - I don't see anyone making Dark Pit a thing.


Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Are there going to be any Charizard alts?

Like Mega Charizard X and Y?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: BurgerKingJigglypuff on October 30, 2013, 03:20:41 PM
Are there going to be any Charizard alts?

Like Mega Charizard X and Y?

Nope. Too much of a legal issue, and we don't wanna risk being shut down. The Pokemon Company didn't even allow Sakurai to mention anything about X/Y until it came out.

Quote from: Nanobuds on October 30, 2013, 04:39:05 PM
Nope. Too much of a legal issue, and we don't wanna risk being shut down. The Pokemon Company didn't even allow Sakurai to mention anything about X/Y until it came out.
Then how come you're making a Mega Mewtwo Y alt?

Or is that a separate entity?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

My Mewtwo Y has nothing to do with PM. It's for my own personal use, which I'll release on the vault when 3.0 is released.

Quote from: Nanobuds on October 30, 2013, 04:54:13 PM
My Mewtwo Y has nothing to do with PM. It's for my own personal use, which I'll release on the vault when 3.0 is released.
Alright. Thanks for clarifying.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

October 30, 2013, 08:58:08 PM #772 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 08:59:28 PM by Miacis
Quote from: Nanobuds on October 30, 2013, 04:39:05 PM
Nope. Too much of a legal issue, and we don't wanna risk being shut down. The Pokemon Company didn't even allow Sakurai to mention anything about X/Y until it came out.
I'm probably repeating myself, but if Nintendo wants to shut P:M down, that's really not the kind of consideration that will stop them. Did Stack Smash inherit the lead of the project while I wasn't looking? oô

Also, that Mewtwo page is still flouting the English language, yet nobody dares to rise and smite its insolent bravado.
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: LC-DDM on October 30, 2013, 03:18:32 PM
Liquid wouldn't make sense, neither would Big Boss, since they made Snake a composite character. Only one that really fits -this- Snake is Old Snake.

Link's is obvious, either Fierce Deity or Skyward Link. Pit's is moot - I don't see anyone making Dark Pit a thing.


Alot of people said the MGS1 suit, which is pretty cool, but would look too similar to Brawl's default IMO, but Snake's Alt has alot of possibilities and so does Link's which Is why I said I wonder. Fierce Diety Link was in one game, and Skyward Sword Link would look too similar but I don't know who they'll pick

Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 31, 2013, 12:54:50 AM
Alot of people said the MGS1 suit, which is pretty cool, but would look too similar to Brawl's default IMO, but Snake's Alt has alot of possibilities and so does Link's which Is why I said I wonder. Fierce Diety Link was in one game, and Skyward Sword Link would look too similar but I don't know who they'll pick
Yeah, I think Old Snake is a better pick. He's still Snake (and not some genetic brother or something), but he's much more easily separated from Brawl Snake than MSG1's version.

Why not just an updated OoT Link? People love the game, and he'd look like the Melee model, too. That, and he'd fit better into the Brawl environment, since it's not as radical a change as Fierce Deity (who uses a giant sword and is intricately designed) while maintaining the art style (which is pretty different with Skyward Sword Link).

Quote from: Miacis on October 30, 2013, 08:58:08 PM
I'm probably repeating myself, but if Nintendo wants to shut P:M down, that's really not the kind of consideration that will stop them. Did Stack Smash inherit the lead of the project while I wasn't looking? oô

Also, that Mewtwo page is still flouting the English language, yet nobody dares to rise and smite its insolent bravado.
I can see the reasoning behind their objectives more as "not wanting to raise their flags high enough to thrust themselves into Nintendo's radar". As far as legal boundaries, however, they're already reverse-engineering Nintendo's software and distributing unofficial patches, so it's more a matter of keeping themselves from competing with current Nintendo products than not crossing legal boundaries.

Well, that would be my reasoning, but I'm not part of PM.


And I do love your way with words, Miacis.


I was also thinking link's alt could be either OoT link or the outfit that Link wore at the beginning of skyward sword. I just wonder what would characters like Diddy, Sonic, Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, and Donkey Kong's alt
costumes would be.

October 31, 2013, 01:14:09 AM #777 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:15:14 AM by Majin Ganonpunch
Quote from: Dmickolas on October 31, 2013, 01:03:20 AM
Yeah, I think Old Snake is a better pick. He's still Snake (and not some genetic brother or something), but he's much more easily separated from Brawl Snake than MSG1's version.

Why not just an updated OoT Link? People love the game, and he'd look like the Melee model, too. That, and he'd fit better into the Brawl environment, since it's not as radical a change as Fierce Deity (who uses a giant sword and is intricately designed) while maintaining the art style (which is pretty different with Skyward Sword Link).
I want OOT Link as well, but who knows theres alot of possibilties

Post Merge: October 31, 2013, 01:15:14 AM

Quote from: silver856 on October 31, 2013, 01:14:00 AM
I was also thinking link's alt could be either OoT link or the outfit that Link wore at the beginning of skyward sword. I just wonder what would characters like Diddy, Sonic, Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, and Donkey Kong's alt
costumes would be.
Yeah, I dont know about Sonics. It wouldnt be Super Sonic, or another character from the franchise, maybe Metal or Classic Sonic

Quote from: Majin Ganonpunch on October 31, 2013, 01:14:09 AM
I want OOT Link as well, but who knows theres alot of possibilties

Post Merge: October 31, 2013, 01:15:14 AM
Yeah, I dont know about Sonics. It wouldnt be Super Sonic, or another character from the franchise, maybe Metal or Classic Sonic
That's true. It's just my hope.

I think they said they won't do characters for costumes; just different forms or outfits. I personally would like Classic Sonic (assuming Metal Sonic can't work with that rule), but I don't think his proportions will work out. Plus, they'd have to remove his voice, which I don't think they can do with the alt costume engine.

Quote from: Dmickolas on October 31, 2013, 01:26:09 AM
That's true. It's just my hope.

I think they said they won't do characters for costumes; just different forms or outfits. I personally would like Classic Sonic (assuming Metal Sonic can't work with that rule), but I don't think his proportions will work out. Plus, they'd have to remove his voice, which I don't think they can do with the alt costume engine.
They might be able to, and I would be okay if they kept the voice, plus I could get the SatAM voicepack so he would sound awesome