[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM #810 Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:19:13 AM by Velen
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.

Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?

Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.

Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?

Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?

Fierce Deity doesn't have a shield as well as has a bigger sword, as well as the design that was picked being popular for appearing in OOT, Soul Calibur 2, and Melee.
Fox's design was probably picked as it's based off of Star Fox 64, the most popular Star Fox game in the series.

Honestly they make the most sense in my mind, and they look nice so I'm not complaining.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on November 06, 2013, 12:21:53 AM
Fierce Deity doesn't have a shield as well as has a bigger sword, as well as the design that was picked being popular for appearing in OOT, Soul Calibur 2, and Melee.
Fox's design was probably picked as it's based off of Star Fox 64, the most popular Star Fox game in the series.

Honestly they make the most sense in my mind, and they look nice so I'm not complaining.

Not saying they look bad. They look great. I'm just saying they could've gone for larger nostalgia appeal by going for the oldest iterations possible.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.

Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?

Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?

Because Melee. ¦D

Oh wait, this isn't Smashboards. No ones gonna get that joke. XD


Quote from: Velen on November 06, 2013, 12:10:15 AM
Okay. I'm going to bite on those two alts you just showed.

Why Melee Fox and OoT Link? Why not any other iterations? Like Adventures or Assault, or hell, SNES Fox for example? Why not do Fierce Deity, or even LoZ1 Link?

Why both of the ones that were in Melee? Why are they so important?
Bcuz Melee.

And I really like their designs. OoT Link by far looks the best out of the Link designs in my opinion.

And by the way, Pik made OoT Link, and Star did Melee Fox.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on November 05, 2013, 09:05:20 PM
So new costumes I thought I saw.

MGS1 Snake at the beginning (not sure about this as Lucario's Aura got in the way, thought I saw a vest though)

Shadow Queen Peach

Dry Bowser

Mr. L

Melee Fox

Melee/OOT Adult Link

Party hat Pikachu

Virtua boy ROB
And Squirtle Squad Squirtle. (:


Quote from: Kage Ryu on November 06, 2013, 02:15:06 AM
And Squirtle Squad Squirtle. (:
Nope. He's always been an Easter egg. ;)

He's not an alt costume.

Okay. I have to slightly nitpick something here...

I notice that your all's version of Shadow Queen has red eyes... Like every other DA incarnation of her.

She only had red eyes when she struck Grodus with lightning.

Why not make her eyes purple? And have her eyes change to red during some moves? Or for the Final Smash eyes?

Shadow Queen herself is purple... And seems to be made up of stars. Why not reflect that in her eyes? It would even make her look more... Possessed. Since in Paper Mario 2. She's just using Peach's body.

Quote from: Nanobuds on November 06, 2013, 03:00:42 AM
Nope. He's always been an Easter egg. ;)

He's not an alt costume.
Does that mean I get a prize for finding him, then? 8D


Good concern, Data Drain, but the purple eyes would be too monochromatic with her dress and lipstick. They just wouldn't stand out.
On the other hand, the red eyes work with her red jewels, design-wise. It helps that red is a really fierce color, too.

Normal Peach has a similar design choice-- her jewels and eyes are both blue, while the rest of her is pink.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Pik on November 06, 2013, 03:13:34 AM
Good concern, Data Drain, but the purple eyes would be monochromatic with her dress and lipstick. They just wouldn't stand out.
On the other hand, the red eyes work with her red jewels, design-wise. It helps that red is a really fierce color, too.

Normal Peach has a similar design choice-- her jewels and eyes are both blue, while the rest of her is pink.
I suppose that's a good point...

Still, it would be kinda nice if there was some hint in her eyes that she's possessed.

I understand that red eyes are out of the norm. But it kinda invokes an image of a vampire. However Shadow Queen is a demonic witch.

Composed of shadows and whatnot.


Anyway though...


I gotta say. This completely blows my collab out of the water.

Are there any plans to release these separate from P:M itself? I for various reasons don't have any interest in P:M itself. But some of these alts look pretty nice.

Nahhh they're gonna stay with PM.

At least I don't plan on releasing any to the vault.

Thanks, lol. Glad you liked it, man. I was suprised you could see her eye color from that distance. Anyway, I'd say red is a pretty possessed looking eye color, right?

If we don't end up releasing them to the vault, I'm sure you could still get your hands them somehow.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


Quote from: Pik on November 06, 2013, 03:31:47 AM
Thanks, lol. Glad you liked it, man. I was suprised you could see her eye color from that distance. Anyway, I'd say red is a pretty possessed looking eye color, right?

If we don't end up releasing them to the vault, I'm sure you could still get your hands them somehow.
Like by downloading P:M and just pulling the files out of there? (;


Anywho, I will say that I enjoyed this Turbo Tuesday quite a lot. I've been waiting quite a while for Turbo Charizard, and that part was beautiful.


I'm glad you guys have been enjoying our promotional videos and images! <3