[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Speaking of Apex, still nothing public anounced by the big wigs regarding the death threats sent to the Apex staff?
I've heard of some miscontent in the PMDT, but... well that's not exactly action.

Or did the release trailer seriously take priority there?
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


so, they successfully found out how to add reflecting collisions to characters huh? (unless they used someone else module base)
damnit, I was so close to find that reflecting collision too
Stupid Tinypic :C

November 12, 2014, 08:35:08 PM #2268 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:53:48 PM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: Yuuki Terumi on November 12, 2014, 08:29:29 PM
R.I.P Warlock Punch
This makes me kind of sad... but I guess floating is cool too. We'll have to see. I know that my friend that normally plays Ganon may be disappointed, but whatever.

Post Merge: November 12, 2014, 08:53:48 PM

So it comes out this Friday... 12:00am release?...


(You guys seriously don't think yourselves mature enough to answer my simple questions without flaming me? oô )
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Nαnobuds on November 12, 2014, 08:58:39 PM
Its still there. Just his as his F-Smash now.
That works then. I am so hyped for this release!!! It's like my late birthday present cause I didn't really get anything actually for my birthday the other day! :P Thank you PMDT.

Quote from: pikazz on November 12, 2014, 08:34:37 PM
so, they successfully found out how to add reflecting collisions to characters huh?

Yeah Magus figured it out


November 12, 2014, 09:35:13 PM #2274 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:51:13 PM by pikazz
Quote from: wiiztec on November 12, 2014, 09:18:45 PM
Yeah Magus figured it out
oooh o: tell me "what" it is, if it were a GCT code fix or only with modules? o:

trying to do only with modules under a long time, got everything covered with Methods and suchs except for 2-3 things, which is correctly impossible without a proper Module and PSA rebuilder D:

unless it is against the PMBR rules to tell what kind of fix it was D: really want to make defensive collision work with minimal gct codes on my own
Stupid Tinypic :C

OMG i just noticed stocks on stamina mode!
that is fricking awesome!!!

Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 08:29:52 PM
Speaking of Apex, still nothing public anounced by the big wigs regarding the death threats sent to the Apex staff?
I've heard of some miscontent in the PMDT, but... well that's not exactly action.

Or did the release trailer seriously take priority there?
When it comes to death-threats and the like, the best approach is to ignore them. Bringing attention to things like that just encourages people to continue to do those sorta things because they know they'll get a rise out of it. Also the PMDT don't really have an obligation to publicly address things of that nature when it isn't really related to them. They can't help it if some troll, person in a bad state of mind, or drunkard decides to do something stupid. The community in general has already taken action by showing their support towards Alex Strife via letters, messages, etc. I'm sure the PMDT has done something similar privately. I wouldn't expect or ask for much else tbh.

Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 06:57:10 PM
Lol, one week before SSB4. Aren't we getting a bit petty there...
I guess that's revenge for getting booted out of Apex in favor of the official SSB quadrilogy.
Quote from: Miacis on November 12, 2014, 09:00:18 PM
(You guys seriously don't think yourselves mature enough to answer my simple questions without flaming me? oô )
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.

November 13, 2014, 01:01:35 AM #2277 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:10:24 AM by Velen
Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.

That's funny, cause I've talked to him constantly for the past 3 years. He actually is a very nice person to talk to. Just don't talk Fire Emblem with him and you're good.

As for the death threats: The PMDT have the most sway toward public opinion about their project. Getting supportive letters from fans of P:M is nice, and all well and good, but a public denouncement of the death threats, and admonishment of those who performed the behavior would do more toward discouraging it than encouraging it. It would show the PMDT do not approve of such actions in the name of their project.

Making a blogpost dedicated to it as well would be more meaningful than making a simple reddit thread, as I imagine the majority of fan traffic at least travels through the blog to the Reddit, Twitter, Forums, etc.

Ignoring the issue would simply let the perception about the P:M fans by outsiders fester.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

November 13, 2014, 01:11:39 AM #2278 Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:12:46 AM by Miacis
You mustn't have been looking anywhere else than this very specific thread, then. Judging by your registration date a few months back, it would make sense. You probably haven't seen what I've seen either.
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that there are few unresolved contentions with the PMBR that were never really settled, so no, I'm not exactly putting on my tact gloves there. And seeing how maturely my interlocutors have reacted to my remarks, I... honestly don't see much reason to do things differently.

As for the death threats I'm... not sure how that would even work. You don't sweep things under the rug and hope everything goes away. Nobody's going to uproot the weed in the community for you if the guys in charge are just looking elsewhere in the garden.

Heck, just looking about the Reddit P:M, people still seem more concerned about setting up a P:M side tournament for Apex than the actual threats (because I'm sure the Apex staff would love to have to deal with that kinda stuff on top of the threats).
When I look at all the comments regarding the P:M exclusion decision, all I see is a lot of pent-up rage and overexaggerated indignation over a video game mod. With a situation neglected as it is, it's honestly no wonder Alex received that kinda [censored].
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Samusfan1 on November 13, 2014, 12:35:06 AM
Lurking this site for years has led me to believe that you aren't really a nice person to talk to :( Rhetoric like this speaks for itself.
You don't know Miacis, buddy. He just has his facts straight.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]