[Official] Project M discussion: RIP

Started by nanobuds, November 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

All that really matters is that Project: M is being featured on a big name gaming website. Who cares about the site's credentials? That's beside the point.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Quote from: SJS on April 20, 2012, 02:44:15 PM
All that really matters is that Project: M is being featured on a big name gaming website. Who cares about the site's credentials? That's beside the point.

^ This. Publicity is publicity and in the case of IGN that is pretty damn big publicity. Especially consdering it's an actual full-lenght feature and not just a quick copy paste newsflash like it usually gets on other sites.

I'd also like to quote this from the comment section (which was suprisingly positive btw):

QuoteThis is not about competitive or not. This is about a group of talented folks seeing a space between Melee and Brawl, a space that held their ideal Super Smash Bros. game. They spent two years of their own time - for no pay - to create this.

Try the game. Respect the effort. Don't turn this into a silly debate about what type of gamer you are. That's just silly.

Eh, I guess it's alright. Still, I wouldn't put my trust on IGN for some articles.

But eh, good on ya for gettin' it on I guess.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.


I said wow at that. I had a feeling such madness could be pulled off, but I currently don't have the time to get good enough to dive into Lucario
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

April 20, 2012, 07:36:00 PM #95 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:37:14 PM by Flutterbombsexmachine
Project M got a shoutout on IGN Project M - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod Commentary
Guess this is gonna mean a lot more feedback.

Oh and MOAR: Project M - Hyrule Castle Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Mod

April 20, 2012, 07:46:00 PM #96 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 07:51:09 PM by Sky Grounder
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

April 20, 2012, 08:03:30 PM #97 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:10:12 PM by SmashClash
Project M - Final Destination Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod
Oh, you edited^
Yeah, they had a bit of ignorance in their speech when talking about Project: M.
They know almost nothing about Brawl hacks, it seems. >.>

Quote from: SmashClash on April 20, 2012, 08:03:30 PM

They know almost nothing about Brawl hacks, it seems. >.>

IGN, what do you expect? I liked how in the first vid they were like "OMC TRIPPING IS GONE IT'S AMAZING!", yeah and if you search "no trip code brawl hack" you'd get a 2 line code that did this too.

Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on April 20, 2012, 08:15:35 PM
IGN, what do you expect? I liked how in the first vid they were like "OMC TRIPPING IS GONE IT'S AMAZING!", yeah and if you search "no trip code brawl hack" you'd get a 2 line code that did this too.
What I thought was dumb was when they said: "Omg, a castlevania stage, now we know they can bring stages from different platforms." Just the way they reacted is plain retarded.

Quote from: SmashClash on April 20, 2012, 08:39:26 PM
What I thought was dumb was when they said: "Omg, a castlevania stage, now we know they can bring stages from different platforms." Just the way they reacted is plain retarded.
Speaking of Castelvania stage...

Project M - Dracula's Castle Gameplay - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mod
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

April 23, 2012, 01:47:00 AM #101 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:18:28 AM by KingJigglypuff
>.>
<.<
I decided to try Project M for myself and I am liking it. There is one problem though, the Fountain of Dreams .brstm is faulty. It's all loud static in my game.
Edit: The Saffron City .brstm also has the same problem.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

PROJECT M IS BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL BRAWL, me and my friend play ssb competitively that means that on ssbm you could learn and practice things such as L cancling, wave dashing, moonwalking and other crap that ssbb took away from us.

Brawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques because they are no longer in the game making it much easier just to swing around and try punching the whole match.

Project M is a good thing they brought back all of those techniques that us competitive gamers used. I like games ment for competitive play not just noob friendly games were anyone can pick up a controller than beat you down.

Brawls graphics are great but they should have kept the fighting like melee and project M brought that back.

So look we got, L cancling, wave dashing, mooning walking, we got all of that great stuff back from melee, the only people who will complain are the noobies who arnt good at it, we still have the good graphics from brawl now.

IMO project M should have been how ssbb should have been in the first place.
You can't just take away things from the game just because a noob gets mad that he didnt put in time to get better than a certain player.

One thing, can you put texture hacks on PROJECT M?

April 23, 2012, 07:25:35 PM #103 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:27:04 PM by KingJigglypuff
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
One thing, can you put texture hacks on PROJECT M?
Yes you can. You just need to have Homebrew. It's just like any other mod. Just put the texture in the specified folder.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

April 23, 2012, 07:30:48 PM #104 Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:39:28 PM by Albafika
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PMBrawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques
Have you won a SSBB tourney? If you haven't, you can't really say it's noob friendly.

Also:
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PMBrawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques because they are no longer in the game
So that's why I can't learn L-Cancelling in Brawl... I should've known it was because it wasn't in the game to begin with. Thanks for sharing your logical wisdom!

Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
Brawl is too noob friendly because you dont have to learn these techniques because they are no longer in the game making it much easier just to swing around and try punching the whole match.

Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
Project M is a good thing they brought back all of those techniques that us competitive gamers used. I like games ment for competitive play not just noob friendly games were anyone can pick up a controller than beat you down.
Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
You can't just take away things from the game just because a noob gets mad that he didnt put in time to get better than a certain player.
I can see you have a problem with the word "noob".

Quote from: ICEN on April 23, 2012, 07:13:28 PM
Project M is a good thing they brought back all of those techniques that us competitive gamers used. I like games ment for competitive play not just noob friendly games were anyone can pick up a controller than beat you down.
If this has happened to you, then you can start calling yourself a noob, sir.

Before bashing a game this badly on a board, you have to base your claims. Most of what you said (With the exception of the bottom line) have been dumb.