Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 85
Author Topic: Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!  (Read 558266 times)
Raikrom
Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #300 on: August 19, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »

Whoa, so the thread is finally updated, and what an update it is!
    Lucina looks fantastic, as I imagined, and other than the minor texture issue stated above, I'd say it seems ready for release/rigging.

So I'm assuming you'll be making another rig-request-thread for her?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #301 on: August 22, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »

You know who could use some love?  Fire Emblem magic users.  I wanna see a couple of these guys in Brawl.  Weapon users steal all the spotlight.  I'd quite like to see any of the following:

Lyon especially would be cool to see.  I've been recently playing through Creature Campaign in FE8 and unlocked him and maxed out his stats and stuff.  Wrecking everything without a second thought with Naglfar doesn't even get dull. 

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #302 on: August 22, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

Soren's my favorite Fire Emblem character, but his model pulls me off. I blame his model's face.=/

I plan on doing him, though, at some point, maybe with an edited face.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2012, 06:44:48 PM »

Soren's my favorite Fire Emblem character, but his model pulls me off. I blame his model's face.=/

Hi-five.

I'd do more with this stuff if I could get a blasted 3d program to work and find the time to learn to use it.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #304 on: August 22, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

Soren's my favorite character also. You know how he just destroys everything in FE9? I couldn't believe it when he destroyed that wyvern boss from halfway across the stage, but I made a mistake and he was attacking my weaker units...
    Yay Soren! Grin
    There is actually a Soren texture for Marth that seems to do him justice, but to have a full Soren import from FE9 would be awesome. I just don't know if that model exists anywhere...

Now available in blue.

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #305 on: August 22, 2012, 07:34:47 PM »

I'd do more with this stuff if I could get a blasted 3d program to work and find the time to learn to use it.
    [censor]ing this.

Really, I've had a few ideas spawn in my mind in the past, but I can never actually get them to 'materialize' because of my lack of resources...
    You really can't torrent 3DS Max, it just pretty much blows up every time its activated. And Blender is just... well Blender is just impossible for me.

What's this I hear about Soren? With a new face?  Want.

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #306 on: August 22, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »

[censor]ing this.

Really, I've had a few ideas spawn in my mind in the past, but I can never actually get them to 'materialize' because of my lack of resources...
    You really can't torrent 3DS Max, it just pretty much blows up every time its activated. And Blender is just... well Blender is just impossible for me.

What's this I hear about Soren? With a new face?  Want.
    Student version?

Do want more magic users. My Artur (he's in one of the GBA's, can't remember which) was my trump card. He'd just come along and then WHAM BAM ALAM SHAM (with those sound effects too) he'd kill the guy.
    Ahhhhh, good times.

But yes, do want Soren and maybe a Miciah over Zelda?

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #307 on: August 22, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »

Hi-five.

Why can't you get them to work? ._.

Soren's my favorite character also. You know how he just destroys everything in FE9? I couldn't believe it when he destroyed that wyvern boss from halfway across the stage, but I made a mistake and he was attacking my weaker units...
    Yay Soren! Grin
    There is actually a Soren texture for Marth that seems to do him justice, but to have a full Soren import from FE9 would be awesome. I just don't know if that model exists anywhere...
    Trust me, the FE9 model is just worse from close view. XD

And I have all the textures you're referring to, let me know if you want them. Cheesy

But yes, do want Soren and maybe a Miciah over Zelda?
    I eventually planned to do both, I've alrady ripped them both...

Here's Soren:

I just need to get to it, which will probably be after Ilyana and/or Volke.

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #308 on: August 23, 2012, 04:43:17 AM »

Whoa, so the thread is finally updated, and what an update it is! Lucina looks fantastic, as I imagined, and other than the minor texture issue stated above, I'd say it seems ready for release/rigging. So I'm assuming you'll be making another rig-request-thread for her?

That UV mapping issue is fixed, took me 30 seconds to do it. I also did some minor UV fixes to the belts and stuff:

Once I finish the Mia recolor I'll pack everything together and release her model. Then I'll open a request thread like I did with Marth.
    You know who could use some love?  Fire Emblem magic users.  I wanna see a couple of these guys in Brawl.  Weapon users steal all the spotlight.  I'd quite like to see any of the following:
    *Micaiah, Soren and lyon pics*
    Lyon especially would be cool to see.  I've been recently playing through Creature Campaign in FE8 and unlocked him and maxed out his stats and stuff.  Wrecking everything without a second thought with Naglfar doesn't even get dull.  

I'd really like to see Micaiah and Soren in brawl, but not Lyon, I can't stand him. He's just the standar hero who became a villain for great justice, what an imaginative character! Well, like most of the cast from the sacred stones anyway.
    My favorite mage from the advance series was Pent, he was a great character overall, only surpassed by Nino. Lugh was very useful as well.
    Oh, and nice avatar by the way!

Hmm, it's not that bad...

The face used in his archsage version looks sightly better.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:45:39 AM by Vert092 » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #309 on: August 23, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »

It DOES looks stupid in 3dsmax with lighting, but [censored] it, I'll rig Soren after Ilyana.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2012, 07:27:46 AM »

I'd really like to see Micaiah and Soren in brawl, but not Lyon, I can't stand him. He's just the standar hero who became a villain for great justice, what an imaginative character! Well, like most of the cast from the sacred stones anyway. My favorite mage from the advance series was Pent, he was a great character overall, only surpassed by Nino. Lugh was very useful as well.

Aww but I like Lyon.  And he's no less exempt from fitting into a character archetype than loads of the characters in the FE series, including Nino.  And I like his design a lot (moreso than any other mage throughout the series).  Even his sprite was cooler than every other unit's sprite.  Dat critical hit man.  Dat critical hit...

I do agree though that the characters and story in Sacred Stones aren't as good as some of the other games, especially FE7.  I also didn't like how there was less player involvement with the story than in FE7.  Since the player had a tactician unit in FE7, and the main characters would occassionally talk to/about said tactician it made you feel more involved with the story.  Glad they're expanding that even further in FE13 with the whole My Unit thing. 

Oh and I forgot to say that Lucina looks phenomenal so far.  I eagerly anticipate her release, although I be sad that I will have to replace one of the Mia slots with her :<

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:12 AM »

@Albafika So maybe I got blender to work, but there are no blender tutorials and 3ds max was buggy last I tried it. I suppose I'll give them both a shot again soon. I blame my OS (Win8 RC)

@Vert - Sariya looks really cool. It does make me want to try my hand at doing actual redesigns for the other FE lords instead of putting them into normal classes.
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:07:46 AM by Shun_One » Logged

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #312 on: August 23, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »

Oh, Sariya.... I can fully understand why the game states she "has the nicest body in the entire army."

And student version? I can recall using it for some time, but I think I had issues with limitations because it's not the full version... But hell, I'll try it again anyway.

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #313 on: August 23, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »

I do agree though that the characters and story in Sacred Stones aren't as good as some of the other games, especially FE7.  I also didn't like how there was less player involvement with the story than in FE7.  Since the player had a tactician unit in FE7, and the main characters would occassionally talk to/about said tactician it made you feel more involved with the story.  Glad they're expanding that even further in FE13 with the whole My Unit thing.

I know; Fire Emblem 7 has got to be the best in the series, story-wise. It's what got me hooked on Fire Embelm in the first place.
    I heard that Fire Emblem 13 is going to be super easy, since they're trying to help newcomers come to the series and they're adding a couple features that veterans will abuse like nobody's business, but whatever; I'm still getting it when it comes out anyway.

Back on topic; if Soren is made, I will be very happy. But I might try to make a FE9 recolor for him, since that's what I'm used to him looking like...
    And on that thought, maybe I should collab with some people to make a PSA for him. If he gets made over someone like say, Marth, we could port him anywhere.

Post Merge: August 23, 2012, 04:27:16 PM
    Oh, Sariya.... I can fully understand why the game states she "has the nicest body in the entire army." And student version? I can recall using it for some time, but I think I had issues with limitations because it's not the full version... But hell, I'll try it again anyway.

You mean the student version of 3DS Max? It is the full version.

Sorry for double-posting.
    « Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:27:16 PM by Azure_Shadow » Logged

Now available in blue.

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #314 on: August 23, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »

lol yep, the only thing you can't do is sell what you make in it.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Pages:  1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: