Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Amarythe on July 28, 2013, 03:35:28 PM
Y'know the glove/sheild thingy on Ike's left arm (non-sword arm)? In the RD model, it's smaller... in the RD portrait, it's pretty big.

If you guys aren't planning to do it, I intend on vertexing this model with the appropriate changes in size (stressing major credit to you cats, of course).

I wanted to keep it's radiant dawn in-game proportions, but I had to shorten his armor a bit because his arms had to match those of the brawl model (you might notice I also had to shorten his bandana). I also think his armor looked too big in his portrait, but since I'm adapting the in-game design I though it looked better like it is right now. Here are a couple of pics for comparison purposes, I think it looks really good the way it is right now:
Original:


My version:


Also, if you want to modify the model just a bit I don't mind as long as you keep it private. I don't want to end up having a lot of different releases in the vault, that would only confuse the people who wants to download the hack.

Quote from: Shun_One on July 26, 2013, 10:49:06 PM
Also, we should probably try to finish Roy at some point.

Quote from: Riku20xx on July 29, 2013, 11:49:09 AM
I'm really looking forward to Roy more than any other character at this point. If someone can provide maybe a tutorial or something, I would be willing to help out if necessary.

I'll try to finish Roy next. I actually started my version of lord class ike last week, but it can wait.
I want to redo Roy's whole upper body, the base I got was not good enough. I'll probably use RD's Stefan for it.

_____________________________________________

Aaaaand here's an update on the vanguard model, thanks to Shun_One! Please keep in mind that the cape texture is stll a WIP:







I also solved a major bug the original model had:  In the original model model there was a weird zone in his chest armor, near his right shoulder and below his cape, that had different texture mapping than the rest of his armor. I managed to fix it, which was the most notable flaw of the model.. This was even visible in some of the previous renders I posted, check it out:








Woah, that cape is starting to look great. Only thing that seems off is some of the shading, but you said it's a WIP so I won't go on about it. Really digging everything you're showing off there, armor looks loads better, textures look badace, can't really find any flaws to point out.
Getting more hype.

Looking great, the Tunic texture could use some more work and his feet look kinda big, but those are my only complaints on the matter, the rest looks beautiful.

Ike is looking really great, I love his cape things lol
I'm also glad to hear your picking up Roy again, definitely the model I'm anticipating the most.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Wow. I love it.
I guess this is another one I'll be using alongside Awakening Marth, whenever it's finished...
Now available in blue.


Everytime I check this page there always seems to be another update towards ike and it's looking great! I really can't wait for the release of these models :D

Updated tunic textures and cape:



I'm going to release 2 different versions f the cape, one with the original pattern and one without it.
Version without the pattern:


Version with the original pattern (I feel like it still needs some work):


I'm going to reduce the size of his feet as well.

I'm liking what I'm seeing, my only gripe is that the pattern looks like it could use a bit more clean up, looks a little jarring compared to the decorations on the tips of the cape. Doesn't look horrible though, I still like it.

Current Progress on Krom:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on August 10, 2013, 09:18:51 PM
Current Progress on Krom:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I love you and I really love what I'm seeing. Any recolors gonna be done when the model is finished up and before the release?

Very nice job on Chrom so far, other then some work that could be done to the texture/rigging fixes, it's looking great so far.

Chrom's hair looks weird in the first pic... but not the rest. I wonder why. :/

Ah, and the cape texture looks strange. Is this totally ripped from the Game? Maybe I'm just being nitpicky.

But keep up the awesome work! I really can't wait, and I'm glad you're rigging him over Ike.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Demon_of_Elru on August 10, 2013, 09:18:51 PM
Current Progress on Krom:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Looks good so far, though I feel the proportions could use a it more work. Also, his sheath looks huge. I'll add your Chrom previews to the first post to keep this updated.

_____________________

New WIP, needs a lot of work though:



*Whistle.* Nice job Vert!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302