Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Merry Christmas indeed. Brilliant work once again guys, looks fantastic.

Quote from: Shun_One on December 25, 2013, 03:42:10 PM
Merry Christmas.

Shadow Dragon Marth

This is fantastic.

Also, Vert, I used your Binding Blade Roy as a base to do this.

It retains a lot of the extra detail from the default Project M version, with some modified textures from yours, your model, lots of tweaks to lots of textures, and the colors are inspired by this art.

If you're cool with it, I might look into uploading it.
I once typed this sentence into my signature.

December 25, 2013, 08:04:41 PM #873 Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 08:49:37 PM by Amarythe
Speaking of which, I've used your new Roy to remake my old Nostalgia Roy hack. This one is 100% faithful to Roy's in-game colors. Additionally, his sword blade is slightly thicker and his sleeves are a little longer.

Some renders...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm not uploading it as a new hack on the vault, however I am updating my old submission with the new file. Do you have any preferences in terms of credit/collab status?

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Crixler on December 25, 2013, 07:45:02 PM
This is fantastic.

Also, Vert, I used your Binding Blade Roy as a base to do this.

It retains a lot of the extra detail from the default Project M version, with some modified textures from yours, your model, lots of tweaks to lots of textures, and the colors are inspired by this art.

If you're cool with it, I might look into uploading it.
Looks great! It looks somewhat better than my version.
And of course feel free to upload it, just give credit to the people who previously worked on the model and it's textures.

Quote from: Amarythe on December 25, 2013, 08:04:41 PM
Speaking of which, I've used your new Roy to remake my old Nostalgia Roy hack.

Some renders...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm not uploading it as a new hack on the vault, however I am updating my old submission with the new file. Do you have any preferences in terms of credit/collab status?

You based his colors on his sprite? Interesting choice, though I don't really like the style used in the GBA titles. I always preferred the SNES sprites and animations.
And about the credit stuff, same as above: just give some credit to all who previously worked in the model and textures.

December 25, 2013, 09:12:11 PM #875 Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:21:11 PM by Amarythe
Quote from: Vert092 on December 25, 2013, 08:39:37 PM
You based his colors on his sprite? Interesting choice, though I don't really like the style used in the GBA titles. I always preferred the SNES sprites and animations.
And about the credit stuff, same as above: just give some credit to all who previously worked in the model and textures.
Of course I did. Roy's sprite is basically his "official" appearance... It's only natural that I base the hack off of it, honestly (in tandem with his official artwork, of course). One of my biggest complaints about Brawl is that it's style doesn't do any justice at all to Nintendo... and that's what Smash is all about.

Actually, I'm really surprised that you didn't base his colors on his sprite work, or even his artwork necessarily. I was a little confused when I noticed how... purple-y you made his tunic/cape.

Man, now you've got me itchin' to kick my SNES Marth into gear... actually, what I should do is tackle all of my Marth hacks from scratch again...

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on December 25, 2013, 09:12:11 PM
Of course I did. Roy's sprite is basically his "official" appearance... It's only natural that I base the hack off of it, honestly (in tandem with his official artwork, of course). One of my biggest complaints about Brawl is that it's style doesn't do any justice at all to Nintendo...

Man, now you've got me itchin' to kick my SNES Marth into gear... actually, what I should do is tackle all of my Marth hacks from scratch again...

So semi-photorealistic textues were a bad thing?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

December 25, 2013, 09:32:02 PM #877 Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 09:43:41 PM by Crixler
Quote from: Amarythe on December 25, 2013, 09:12:11 PM
Of course I did. Roy's sprite is basically his "official" appearance... It's only natural that I base the hack off of it, honestly (in tandem with his official artwork, of course). One of my biggest complaints about Brawl is that it's style doesn't do any justice at all to Nintendo... and that's what Smash is all about.

Actually, I'm really surprised that you didn't base his colors on his sprite work, or even his artwork necessarily. I was a little confused when I noticed how... purple-y you made his tunic/cape.

Man, now you've got me itchin' to kick my SNES Marth into gear... actually, what I should do is tackle all of my Marth hacks from scratch again...

In my headcanon, Roy's Melee/Project M appearance (purple cape, more ornate armor, etc) is more or less what he'd look like after he promotes if his sprite were detailed enough to tell the difference. But that's just what I think, lol.

I'm not a huge fan of Brawl's approach to textures for characters like Mario, but I don't mind it for the more realistic characters, like Link, Samus, or the Fire Emblem ones. My philosophy is that the characters should generally tend to resemble their official art.

Edit: Holy grail, I just realized that Roy's armor design switches to his Smash design later on in Hasha No Tsurugi. My headcanon holds some weight after all. Sweet.
Except even then, his cape is still blue, not purple.
I once typed this sentence into my signature.

Quote from: Crixler on December 25, 2013, 09:32:02 PM
Edit: Holy grail, I just realized that Roy's armor design switches to his Smash design later on in Hasha No Tsurugi. My headcanon holds some weight after all. Sweet.
Except even then, his cape is still blue, not purple.
Woah woah woah woah woah, seriously? You mean his Character Portrait or his Battle Sprite from FE? If that's the case, I may have to rework this... xD

But in regards to what you said earlier, there are no purple-ish tones added to his cape upon promotion, haha. Every blue color in his sprite comes from the same 3 shades on the same palette.

Quote from: Velen on December 25, 2013, 09:14:48 PM
So semi-photorealistic textues were a bad thing?
You mean for the development of Brawl? Yes, in a strictly color-based sense it was a very poor choice on Sakurai's part. You can achieve realistic texture in a piece without sacrificing saturation... Sakurai has definitely fixed that mistake with Smash 4 and it looks beautiful.

Melee had worse texture than Brawl, obviously, but Melee blows Brawl out of the water in terms of color designs. This is my opinion, but it's far more eye-catching, and waaaaay more interesting to look at. Realism isn't the measure by which all art forms are compared to, you know.

That being said I'm not dissing Vert about it, because his focus was to make a Brawl style hack and he did a really good job. I'm just more focused on catering to Nintendo than to Brawl, that's all.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: Amarythe on December 25, 2013, 09:12:11 PM
Actually, I'm really surprised that you didn't base his colors on his sprite work, or even his artwork necessarily. I was a little confused when I noticed how... purple-y you made his tunic/cape.
Ah, but that's because the original texture was made by Pik, I just ported it over the different models released. I didn't change the colors because I thought it looked cool like that. The colors in Crixler's version are more accurate.

Quote from: Crixler on December 25, 2013, 09:32:02 PM
In my headcanon, Roy's Melee/Project M appearance (purple cape, more ornate armor, etc) is more or less what he'd look like after he promotes if his sprite were detailed enough to tell the difference. But that's just what I think, lol.

I'm not a huge fan of Brawl's approach to textures for characters like Mario, but I don't mind it for the more realistic characters, like Link, Samus, or the Fire Emblem ones. My philosophy is that the characters should generally tend to resemble their official art.

Edit: Holy grail, I just realized that Roy's armor design switches to his Smash design later on in Hasha No Tsurugi. My headcanon holds some weight after all. Sweet.
Except even then, his cape is still blue, not purple.
That's cool! I never knew that because I only read the first volumen of Hasha no tsurugi. Ah, and I think the logo on the back of his cape is Pherae's emblem (or maybe Lycia's?).

Quote from: Amarythe on December 25, 2013, 10:19:13 PM
Woah woah woah woah woah, seriously? You mean his Character Portrait or his Battle Sprite from FE? If that's the case, I may have to rework this... xD

But in regards to what you said earlier, there are no purple-ish tones added to his cape upon promotion, haha. Every blue color in his sprite comes from the same 3 shades on the same palette.

I'm referring to this, the cover for the last issue of Hasha no Tsurugi. I'm not that far into it yet, but I took a peek at some pages throughout it, and in earlier issues he wears his FE6 design, and then he wears this one in this issue. But, as can be seen on the cover, the cape is still blue, rather than purple.

Quote from: Vert092 on December 25, 2013, 10:20:28 PM
That's cool! I never knew that because I only read the first volumen of Hasha no tsurugi. Ah, and I think the logo on the back of his cape is Pherae's emblem (or maybe Lycia's?).

I just started reading it a few days ago, liking it so far. I'm not sure what the symbol on his cape is, but Pharae or Lycia would definitely make sense.
I once typed this sentence into my signature.

Just thought I'd share this from Marth development.

Fail Marth montage.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

December 27, 2013, 03:16:13 AM #882 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:41:25 AM by heavyd88
So those were the materials issues you guys were having I assume? Well the model and recolors came out nicely in the end. I started working on my own CSP's for him. So far I got his pose down and no background colors, I can show you if you want.

I was gonna do something like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've done this for all the recolors for both models. Just need to resize them and make em compatible with PM's style.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 27, 2013, 04:06:17 AM #883 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:22:11 AM by Shun_One
Yeah, those were the problems we were having.

That's a nice pose! Speaking of which, the ones we were planning are finally almost done. I'll update the pack with them (and a missing Marth alt) when they are all done.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FE11 Falchion
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Damn, that's WAAAAYYY better than mine, jesus!! Looks really nice man. You guys really have some amazing talent. I like how you matched the cape bones to the lower part of his tunic.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.