Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Codex-9 on December 06, 2014, 11:17:23 AM
I apologies if this has been asked before but whats the current situation with Lucina so far?

I asked Satoshi about it recently.

According to him, Vert is still working on/doing stuff/etc edits to Lucina. Vert's probably busy, so give him some time ;)


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 06, 2014, 05:06:08 PM
I asked Satoshi about it recently.

According to him, Vert is still working on/doing stuff/etc edits to Lucina. Vert's probably busy, so give him some time ;)

Thanks for the fast reply! And no worries! Take your time Vert! Good to hear about Lucina!

Updated the BV Link.

It's been tested to work with Brawl Minus, hopefully it will work with P:M now!

It still has the same issues as the last one (no metal, visibility bones are messed up, and trying to change/add transparent materials crashes), but I hope to fix them asap!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 07, 2014, 02:32:25 AM
Updated the BV Link.

It's been tested to work with Brawl Minus, hopefully it will work with P:M now!

It still has the same issues as the last one (no metal, visibility bones are messed up, and trying to change/add transparent materials crashes), but I hope to fix them asap!
Just tried it and it doesn't crash in PM anymore but it seems like his faces/hair transparency isn't working properly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit: Oh, I guess you addressed that with "visibility bones are messed up, and trying to change/add transparent materials crashes", my bad.

Quote from: Granfalloon on December 07, 2014, 04:18:36 PM
Just tried it and it doesn't crash in PM anymore but it seems like his faces/hair transparency isn't working properly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Edit: Oh, I guess you addressed that with "visibility bones are messed up, and trying to change/add transparent materials crashes", my bad.

looks like he's enjoying the fresh air :P

Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on December 07, 2014, 04:29:21 PM
looks like he's enjoying the fresh air :P

We all need some fresh air once in a while.

Especially Chrom, he hasn't seen daylight in almost half a year :V


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Great King of Evil - Ganondorf on December 07, 2014, 04:31:44 PM
We all need some fresh air once in a while.

Especially Chrom, he hasn't seen daylight in almost half a year :V
Being trapped in a Ball must be hard. :V
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Hey I've been reading this thread and coming back to it every once in a while and I've been wondering what's the progress on Awakening Roy? The pictures look so great and I've been looking forward to it. People didn't seem very active here anymore so I got curious.

So how's Lucina coming out? This thread has seem like a wasteland. Lol jk but seriously, how's progress doing?

Quote from: HomicidalToaster on January 10, 2015, 11:15:33 PM
Hey I've been reading this thread and coming back to it every once in a while and I've been wondering what's the progress on Awakening Roy? The pictures look so great and I've been looking forward to it. People didn't seem very active here anymore so I got curious.

Someone else is working on it, but he's also working on other things. So it may take a while.

Quote from: dream0 on January 24, 2015, 09:59:23 PM
So how's Lucina coming out? This thread has seem like a wasteland. Lol jk but seriously, how's progress doing?

Waiting for someone to make vertex edits to her before they will be able to finish her.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Man I love the work so far on Awakening Roy! If that project is ever finished, I'd put him in in a heartbeat :D

You guys have made some good works, nice job! Looking forward to seeing more from you!

Quote from: dream0 on January 24, 2015, 09:59:23 PM
So how's Lucina coming out? This thread has seem like a wasteland. Lol jk but seriously, how's progress doing?

Considering ripping models from the wiiU and the 3DS is almost possible, I don't feel like finishing that new version of Lucina. (What would be the point of finishing it if it would get replaced by her actual model of SSB4 in a few months? It seems like a waste of time and effort to me)

However if the people who follows this thread wants what I have done so far, I'll gladly upload it so others can actually finish what I won't. She's almost done anyway, she mostly needs some optimization.

Also relevant is that all the textures from Awakening have been ripped from the game.

I don't see why you need to stop. It's not like those models are going to be easy to get in game anyway with how high poly they are. But if you think it's a waste of your time. I won't argue with you. I just see it as a wasted effort for all the work you put into it.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on February 04, 2015, 08:40:14 PM
I don't see why you need to stop. It's not like those models are going to be easy to get in game anyway with how high poly they are. But if you think it's a waste of your time. I won't argue with you. I just see it as a wasted effort for all the work you put into it.
^
Also, while that model isn't like the one from SSB4, I think it would be really too bad for us not to see it completed, as it's also different from the SSB4 one.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

I'm a bit late to respond, but I'd much rather have your model, Vert, over the Wii U one.

Work done like the rigging and facial animations would prove useful regardless of which model was used, and since the current model was made specifically for Brawl/P:M in mind, it'll probably turn out better than back porting more complex resources.

Plus, you know, implementing something created by the Smash community feels more special than nabbing a model pre-made by Nintendo (and any special touches by Vert or Satoshi would provide something unique).