Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Vert092 on February 18, 2015, 10:51:22 AM
You mean kinda like what Project M did with Shadow Peach's cape? I don't know if it would be possible, but I made sure her hair doesn't clip as much as it did before. It's much shorter and lower-poly this time, since it works via transparencies.

Yeah, it definitely should be.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on January 24, 2015, 10:04:53 PM
Someone else is working on it, but he's also working on other things. So it may take a while.

So who's the person working on it? Does they have a progress thread? I'd really like to see how its going as Vert made it look incredible on his own. Crossing fingers so it doesn't change drastically.

Vert was the person working on it. I withheld his name so people wouldn't pm him


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ah ok. I won't send any pm's or anything, I'm just excited is all as there aren't any roy costumes that change his model at all, just palette swaps. Palette swaps everywhere.

Quote from: HomicidalToaster on February 20, 2015, 02:51:13 PM
Ah ok. I won't send any pm's or anything, I'm just excited is all as there aren't any roy costumes that change his model at all, just palette swaps. Palette swaps everywhere.

Oh whoops, it wasn't Vert. Quote was taken waaaay out of context.

And last I heard from the guy working on it, he wanted to get better at custom modelling before starting on awakening Roy.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: drogoth on February 21, 2015, 02:49:44 AM
Oh whoops, it wasn't Vert. Quote was taken waaaay out of context.

And last I heard from the guy working on it, he wanted to get better at custom modelling before starting on awakening Roy.

Did he leave an ETA? I'm sure it was a while ago that he was heard from. If its not trouble can you ask him yourself the whereabouts of the model? It'd be so unique. I'm truly awed that there's nothing but palette swaps.

Nope. No ETA was given.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: DSX8 on February 25, 2015, 07:50:10 AM
might as well show this here... :3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Great Work! Looks very close to the source material.

Anyway, I'm almost done with Lucina. I'd like to hear some constructive criticism before I upload the model, so that I can fix whatever people notices before release.
Some changes since last time include finished UV mapping (which took a lot of time), improved belt textures, texture fixes on the white part of the boots, narrowed the head a bit, and added a sheath (got lazy so it's from Chrom's WiiU model). Proportions look a bit weird to me, but I didn't want to modify them from the previous model so she fit's Marths bones without problem.












Ohhhh my. She looks fantastic!! can't say much else though... hm...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

From what I can see... I don't notice any glaring issues with her at all. Everything looks fine. The textures are great, the model looks great, and I see no problems. Nice job Vert, can't wait to use her in-game.

I would like to know if she's going to have a secondary sword model for when her sword is in it's sheath. Like for when she loses a match.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I love this model! Even if she looks pissed for some reason... Lol.
I just wanted to know... Doesn't her hair need to be a bit darker? Just want to make sure... Other than that, I think the model looks awesome.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Now that I'm seeing the side view, her leg does continue at an odd angle below the knees. It is pretty unnatural looking.

I'd also like to recommend making her arms just a bit thicker, as I would assume a proficient swordsman would have accumulated some muscle, but when compared to official art the model does seem dead on. Can't fault you on that one, but I think the LST's Lucina has arms that look especially thin in-game.

Lucina isn't a well built character. She's strong yes. But she's not full of muscles in any sense. I think she looks fine just the way he made her. Also... she's like, 15 or 16. She's not all that old and probably shouldn't be overly muscular to begin with. Having played Awakening three times, I'm sure it's safe to say that she looks perfect.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on February 26, 2015, 05:33:41 PM
Lucina isn't a well built character. She's strong yes. But she's not full of muscles in any sense. I think she looks fine just the way he made her. Also... she's like, 15 or 16. She's not all that old and probably shouldn't be overly muscular to begin with. Having played Awakening three times, I'm sure it's safe to say that she looks perfect.
I didn't realize she was so young, that makes more sense then. Well, regarding my other comment I believe the legs do still need some attention.


I think the model is over emphasizing the hind muscles and forming an irregular curvature in the front before reaching the shins.