Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

What the [censored] happened to Micaiah >.>
Dunno why but I REALLY don't like her redesign.
It reminds me of bad fanart or something.

Anywho it'll be cool to see how leaf turns out.
Also may I sugesst you guys put some of the pics in the OP in spoilers? They induce mad lag.

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on April 29, 2012, 11:33:44 PM
What the [censored] happened to Micaiah >.>
Dunno why but I REALLY don't like her redesign.
It reminds me of bad fanart or something.
This. :srs:

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on April 29, 2012, 11:33:44 PM
Anywho it'll be cool to see how leaf turns out.
Also may I sugesst you guys put some of the pics in the OP in spoilers? They induce mad lag.
This too.

I'll post Leaf previews when Shun sends me some textures.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: Ninka_kiwi on April 29, 2012, 11:33:44 PM
What the [censored] happened to Micaiah >.>
Dunno why but I REALLY don't like her redesign.
It reminds me of bad fanart or something.
That's pretty much why I think everyone is so outraged with hers. It looks like fan-art compared to the others.
Quote
Anywho it'll be cool to see how leaf turns out.
That it will ;)
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Whoa, now you got me hyped about Leaf. I really want to see how it's going, I bet he looks awesome.
I haven't made much progress on Marth, I'm making a new mask and the falchion, with the help of Shun and his awesome textures.
But the real thing of why I'm posting today it this one, look what arrived in my house today!

Mist approves, of course.

April 30, 2012, 03:28:30 PM #19 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 03:30:21 PM by Shun_One
Whoa...The original Mystery of the Emblem! That's super cool!

To keep this post on topic, I've gotten a few more of Leaf's textures up to a viewable standard. Classic Leaf will be pretty cool, I can tell you guys that.

Last thing, with Alm and Micaiah releasing on the 2nd, place your bets for the next DLC. Seeing how I've noticed a pattern of sorts (1 pre-GBA, 1 post-GBA), here's my guess:

1st. Marth (FE1/3/11/12)
2nd. Leaf (FE5) Roy (FE6)
3rd. Alm (FE2) Micaiah (FE10)
4th. Sigurd (FE4) Ephraim (FE8)

As much as I want the next one to be Ike so I can get to work on his update, he'll probably get revealed on his own. Otherwise, Ike and Celice/Sigurd together? That'd be neat.

Regardless, whomever we get, I may or may not jump at the chance to texture them (I probably will though)

Eh? My rank went up?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Weeee!


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Feedback?


burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Ah, I forgot to texture that portion of him. Ah well, I can color correct it after we get some feed-back. Got to say, I like the way it's looking thus far.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

May 01, 2012, 11:03:38 AM #22 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:09:44 AM by Vert092
Looks awesome!
I'd go for somewhat darker colours, with more contrast. I''d also get rid of some textures that make him looks reminiscent of Brawl Marth, for example his shirt, his belts or his sword.
Model wise try to get rid of Marth's tunic "golden borders", it's a pain to texture a model leaving that. I mean, just try to make it as short as posible so it can't be seen. I quickly made it so you can have an example:




Final Result:


Also the shoulder armor looks a bit plain, so you might want to retouch it as well.


May 01, 2012, 02:36:39 PM #23 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:38:21 PM by Shun_One
Thanks for the feed-back Vert. I'll most certainly add some more details to those shoulder pads and darken the rest of his colors up. This is where new Leaf comes in so I can borrow details from him. Not having the golden bad of Marth's tunic would be a god send. Texturing them to match the rest of his tunic is just not fun.

New Spirit Character is rather unexpected (and totally kills my pattern)

Elincia
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

That artwork is funny because Elincia can't even use lances in FE9 or FE10
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


This is what shocks me the most... The fact that these characters can use weapons they are not supposed to be able to... It's really strange... And Elincia is not the only one unfortunately... There are other characters who have a class that don't really fit them too...


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Quote from: Psycho Philia on May 02, 2012, 04:15:55 PM
This is what shocks me the most... The fact that these characters can use weapons they are not supposed to be able to... It's really strange... And Elincia is not the only one unfortunately... There are other characters who have a class that don't really fit them too...

It's more so due to the way classes have been tweaked than anything. A few key classes from past games have lost and gained weapon types (Falcon Knights lost swords gained staffs, Light magic is no longer a type) so they kind of go with the class closest to the utility of what a character had me thinks.

Anyway, I made some Brstrms from the new game. Should I upload them?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on May 02, 2012, 04:56:25 PM
Anyway, I made some Brstrms from the new game. Should I upload them?
I am interested in hearing them, sure.

Map Theme 1
Fire Emblem Theme

The soundtrack of this game is probably my favorite FE soundtrack to date.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Sometimes Shun One, I really wonder, when I take a look at Alvis for example, it was so much more simple to make him a sage, and despite of this, they made him a sorcerer... Anyway, it was the last word I will have about this, we're not on a fire emblem 12 debate. Ha ha. Anyway, about the models, the Leaf vertex interests me a lot! I hope it will be good!


Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!