Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 19, 2012, 04:59:08 AM #150 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:00:14 AM by Grand-Master Rufure
Ah, I see then. Now who to give Ragnell to... Well, I'll decide all this when I actually get my hands on this glorious game, soon hopefully.

Also, a question to Vert: How's progress on the custom Falchion going?

Finally. And I can add Spirit Ike to queue of stuff to get done.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Spirit Ike looks pretty interesting, kinda a mix of his armor and regular design.

And yeah Ike totally looks like he has a sword for an arm.... That would have been much cooler though :/
Anyone else think the proportions look super off in that drawing though?
Seems like the Path of radiance/Radiant dawn characters got the short end of the stick with redesigns.

I'm contemplating trying to get Spirit Ike done or Hero Ike (the only Ike not currently in Brawl) done next. I suppose Spirit Ike would look cool in Brawl's style (and with proper proportions)

He looks more like Vanguard Ike this time than his Hero or Lord incarnations. His art's proportions are off, that's for sure. The feet are the same size when they really shouldn't be.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM


Ike certainly looked better in his original designs. This one is a nice design, but the drawing itself looks off. I mean, the overall proportions make the artwork look like it has been made by a complete noob. And the sword-arm thing is the weirdest thing I've seen in a drawing yet.
However the artist did a great job with the face, it really looks like Ike.

I've been working more on Lucina and I'd say she's almost done. I have to close the gap between tha arms and the body and make some more minor things, but she almost looks complete right now. Have a look:

First, I fixed the boots, now the knee part is a model and not part of the texture. Someone told me to do this in this thread and I'm glad I did, it looks much better now:





Second thing are the belts, completely remapped to the new texture files and adjusted to fit her body, which obviously has been harder to do than in Marth's case because she's a woman.
The sheath is weird floating around, so I might add another belt to keep the sheath.



The Falchion looks slightly better now, guess the changes by yourselves:





As you can see, I added the cape as well, which means I had to reajust the whole hair. However I'm keeping l the original hair too because someone might want to rig a capeless version as well.
Here's how the whole thing looks right now:








I am in love.

Vert, you are awesome. I've finished off the minor texture edits I had done, but looking at it, you were right. I don't really need to do anything.

As for Ike, maybe I'll see if I can get someone to model my personal Ike design from when we first started getting these... *points at avatar for a tease*
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Wow, if I had to use one word to describe this, I guess it would be beautiful.

I'm very glad to see that the knee fold on the boots is now actually modeled, looks fantastic along with all the extra detail.
The proportions look very well done as well, only thing I'm wondering about is how you'll get the suggested extra belt to fit in there, but you're an amazing modeler from what I've seen, so I'm sure you'll get that done well. Plus it would give the model more realism, the floating sheath was one of my minor gripes with Spirit Marth, so I'm glad to see you'll patch it up on Lucina.

I'm also eager to see how expressions will appear in-game, as they look well done in here.

The Falchion is looking awesome, and I have to thank you personally for doing these 3D models. Right now I'm working on a spirit Marth cosplay, which you're model is making things a lot easier with that venture. Also I've decided I'll try and craft the Awakening Falchion, so even these preview images alone are helping with that. So once again, thanks for all this amazing work guys.

God, I'm so hyped up for her now, really looking forward to seeing this one.


-By the way Shun, I'm more interested in your Ike design than the official DLC one. I don't mean to bash the guy who came up with DLC Ike's design... But to it just looks so.. meh.

Quote from: Shun_One on July 19, 2012, 03:21:43 PMI am in love. Vert, you are awesome. I've finished off the minor texture edits I had done, but looking at it, you were right. I don't really need to do anything. As for Ike, maybe I'll see if I can get someone to model my personal Ike design from when we first started getting these... *points at avatar for a tease*
I'm kinda interested in ike, but I think I'll do Chrom next. Obviously I'll need some help with textures.
Quote from: Grand-Master Rufure on July 19, 2012, 03:34:43 PMThe Falchion is looking awesome, and I have to thank you personally for doing these 3D models. Right now I'm working on a spirit Marth cosplay, which you're model is making things a lot easier with that venture. Also I've decided I'll try and craft the Awakening Falchion, so even these preview images alone are helping with that. So once again, thanks for all this amazing work guys. God, I'm so hyped up for her now, really looking forward to seeing this one. -By the way Shun, I'm more interested in your Ike design than the official DLC one. I don't mean to bash the guy who came up with DLC Ike's design... But to it just looks so.. meh.
Hm, you're working on a spirit marth cosplay?  That's really interesting, this summer I'll make a new fire emblem costume as well, my problem is that I'm not sure which character I'll do. I have 3 options: the first one is Zelgius, which involves making a lot of armor. I could replicate the armor from his official radiant dawn model via papercraft with no real problems, since it just takes time and I have the whole summer to work on it. the real problem is that the armor is huge and I'd have trouble transporting it, which is what holds me back with that project.
The second option is Celice in his traditional design, since I have an identical wig I want to reuse. The problem is that... well, I have barely played seisen no keifu.
The last option, and probably my final decision is Chrom, I can reuse ike's wig, which lowers the cost. The only problem here would be the lack of references from the back, but it isn't such a great problem.
So, I'll start doing both a Chrom model and a Chrom costume right after I finish Lucina. This means that, like you, I'll have to craft the Awakening Falchion. I don't really know how to start doing it, maybe enterely from wood? I'm not really sure, if you think of something let me know, I'm very interested ^^
Some japanese guys cosplayed chrom and lucina, I found some progress pictures of them making the sword, but I don't know which materials they used. they sure made a fantastic job:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


They uploaded a clearer picture of their version of Lucina, might be useful for you, though the costume could use some improvements:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


However we can talk about this via PM, since it doen't have much in comon with brawl stuff XD


Lucina looks [censored]ing amazing Vert! I'm also hyped to hear you wanna work on Chrom next as I really like his design.

Also if anyone does spirit Ike, there better be a version where his sword is his hand...

I challenge you to guess who each of these recolors is based on (They are all based of a Fire Emblem character).
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

@Vert - Chrom? Count. Me. In. I'm not terribly gung-ho to do Ike's redesign. More interested in Roy and Chrom at this point.

@Albafika
Answers.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Those are awesome. Very awesome. Awesome enough to give me ideas for future recolors in various FE hacks.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM


I had a feeling it wasn't. Curse you fancy head-band! Come on memory banks...blue-haired white dressed FE people with fancy-head-bands...

Can I have a hint? How far back into FE history do I have to go?
- -
Also, I properly textures Roy's fancy belt. Or, at least I know exactly what to put on it now.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Quote from: Shun_One on July 19, 2012, 05:06:15 PM
I had a feeling it wasn't. Curse you fancy head-band! Come on memory banks...blue-haired white dressed FE people with fancy-head-bands...

Can I have a hint? How far back into FE history do I have to go?
- -
Also, I properly textures Roy's fancy belt. Or, at least I know exactly what to put on it now.
I'll only say: The headband isn't canon. :P