Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

With the guidance of a modeling god, this was easier than you thought.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: ramonM64 on July 25, 2012, 08:32:53 AM
dam.. all the threads i try to keep up with double in size the next time i read them. interesting stuff going on in here. keep the teasing at the down-low though. someone could die next time  <- serious here

its niice to see Mia released, she looks Ultra Great for a first import. putting her in my que list of new hacks to try when i get a new Wii
We gotta talk. :>.>:

:happy:
Awesome! Are you rigging all of those by yourself or are you sharing them with others?

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

I already have all those except Haar, you could have just asked and I would have sent them to you XD
Did you get double sided faces on Volke? I got a lot in my own rip, and I still can't delete them...

Quote from: Vert092 on July 25, 2012, 04:15:18 PM
I already have all those except Haar, you could have just asked and I would have sent them to you XD
Did you get double sided faces on Volke? I got a lot in my own rip, and I still can't delete them...
No, just triple meshes. Everything else is in perfect conditions without double faces.

I can fix your Volke if you want, send it over.

Quote from: Albafika on July 25, 2012, 04:33:32 PMNo, just triple meshes. Everything else is in perfect conditions without double faces. I can fix your Volke if you want, send it over.
Why? It would be pontless to spend time fixing it when you have the very same model already fixed.
However I have some rips I couldn't fix before that I really want, like Oliver and specially Boyd.
If you could fix them I would gladly upload the models ^^
Also I have archsage soren, you might want him as well.

Mia is epic as [censored]. I love her too much.

Who is next from the Fire Emblem family?

Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 25, 2012, 05:44:17 PM
Who is next from the Fire Emblem family?
I'm guessing either Roy or Lucina.

Both of which are going to be amazing.

Amazing beyond words.

Joining the arms is a pain, but I want to finish Lucina even if I have to sacrifice some details of the textures and UV mapping. I tried this, but I'm not sure if it's good enough:




Al least the polygon count is pretty decent

Looks okay to me xD

Your not going to notice if there is a little drop in verts on the arms ingame if they are rigged well so I wouldn't worry about it that much.

Gotta say though the model is coming out really well, I applaud you vert.

Looks good to me, and I'd go with what Ninka's saying, if the rig is good then the model should look great in-game.

^You both are wrong. The rig CAN'T be as you want it when the boneset it's going over isn't made to fit the model. r)

Well, I figured rigging wouldn't be so much of a complication considering Lucina's model is heavily based off of Marth's, so I assumed it'd fit over Marth's bones relatively well.

... Then again, there's a reason I stick with making textures and BRSTMs, and I don't bother with models/imports...

...So, about Roy...

Click this spoiler for good news
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Click this spoiler for some semi-bad news that might have a simpler solution than I can grasp at the moment.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I was going to get ready to release him, but the shenanigans in the second spoiler bracket had to ruin my entire day. :srs:
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So Roy....those some kind of weird shades you found? I couldn't resist. =p
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Nice progress on Roy! Good luck finding a solution.
Quote from: Thany on July 27, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
Also, his shoulder pads don't vanish when he goes metal, unlike in Melee(Spycloak, too)
I never undertood why this happens in melee.
___________

Inspired by Mia's talk face, I tried another expression for Lucina, with Marth's neutral b attack in mind:



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.